jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read all the posts here, so I don't know if it's been said, But think about it...
Over the last 10 or 20 years the Health police are, trying to Stop Smoking,
Trying to label 90% of what we consume Dangerous, & turning our systems into
weak Feeble systems. Our off spring are not getting what they need anymore.
whatever you do...
don't kiss anyone unless you have a piece of cellophane handy :(
next step will be bubbles for everyone.

these are Not New Diseases. these are things a normal Life had made us immune to.
These are things Smokers, Drinkers, transfat eaters,
and pretty much everyone 80 years ago did, that made us & our offspring tolerate, and immune to.

Now people have coughing Fits, & need oxygen
when they see someone across a football field
or even on TV Smoking a Cigarette :icon_scratch:

Sorry ! Living in fear is not living :(

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't have said it better Jeff! heck I barely ever get sick, me and the wife both last week had some respiratory problems, which is probably because we are face to face with at least 40 people a day.
I don't do pills, no antibiotics nothing, not even the psych meds the pdocs insist I need. I don't wipe shopping buggies off, heck I only wash my hands when I crap on them!..tmi I bet heh, but that makes our immune systems strong, because it gets practice!
that's why no Sicky Sicky.

Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't have said it better Jeff! heck I barely ever get sick, me and the wife both last week had some respiratory problems, which is probably because we are face to face with at least 40 people a day.
I don't do pills, no antibiotics nothing, not even the psych meds the pdocs insist I need. I don't wipe shopping buggies off, heck I only wash my hands when I crap on them!..tmi I bet heh, but that makes our immune systems strong, because it gets practice!
that's why no Sicky Sicky.

Mike

LOL I saw a woman doing that at the Grocery Store last month.
She looked about 25 Maybe & she's standing there using a wet wipe on the Grocery cart Handle :(
Very Sad imo :(

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea the people who do the wipey thing on grocery carts in my opinion are "out there". What do they do with bathroom door handles, or the buttons on the debt machines at checkouts. Oh course they have the same problem on drive-thru ATM's also with those buttons... But if your worried about the buttons and germs on the drive-up ATM .... what about the braille option available!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with people walking around with Surgical Masks ?
I havn't seen it in person yet.
they mostly appear to be Japanese & whole Families.
I find that strange too that they would convince their Children they need to grow up in fear of
breathing air. I've only noticed it on street Webcams set up in resort areas so far,
but is that what we are turning into ?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What's the deal with people walking around with Surgical Masks ?
I havn't seen it in person yet.
they mostly appear to be Japanese & whole Families.
I find that strange too that they would convince their Children they need to grow up in fear of
breathing air. I've only noticed it on street Webcams set up in resort areas so far,
but is that what we are turning into ?

MASKS...! ??? NO ID in "Flash Mobs", I reckon; NO "HAPPY DANCE" allowed...? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I agree that we are losing our immunity because we are not exposed to bacteria enough to develop our immunity. I wonder sometime if a lot of the things I do might cause me to lose some of my immunity. I always wash my hands after using the bathroom, and will not stop doing that. If I use a public bathroom, I try to use a paper towel that I dried my hands on to open the door when leaving, then, holding the door with my foot, throw the paper towel into the trash bin. If I'm in the kitchen, I do try to be very careful with how I handle food. There aren't a lot of other things that I do to prevent the 'bad old germs'.
I very seldom get sick. 'Course all of you know that I have COPD, HBP, etc.; but for infections and such, I don't get many. I had the flu and pneumonia in December of 2012. I had a UTI in 2011. That's about the only two times I've been to a doctor for anything besides my 'health problems'.
I can say that I have proved to myself that some things can be done to help one's immunity to some infections. One's immune system is what causes callouses to form on your body that is exposed to 'harsh' treatment. I like to play the guitar occasionally. If I don't do it often, the callouses on my fingers 'disappear' and I can't press the strings on the guitar without making my fingers hurt/sore. As long as I use the guitar once or twice a week, I have not problem; except that the callouses cause my fingers to be less sensitive when feeling something!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Phobias in bathrooms I have are Lifting a Toilet seat in Public bathrooms,
& pushing the handle to flush.

I always do it with my foot when necessary :tongue3:
(of course they are probably some of the cleanest spots if
everyone avoids them )

Not sure why, I never worry about the rest.

when I get ill, it is rare & usually a very fast cold,

or My blood Pressure. I do have heart issues, But don't go overboard worrying about it.
I just cope.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think maybe people are washing to much. Yea, I wash my face in the morning, but it's pot luck after that. lol Frank five star.png

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
They used to call this guy at work Birdman. I asked why he was called that and my customer said, one day I had to use the bathroom and I accidentally walked in on him. The dude was squating on the seat with his feet. He looked like a bird on a perch. Now I have that image everytime I see birdman.

sponge using smoke signals.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used to call this guy at work Birdman. I asked why he was called that and my customer said, one day I had to use the bathroom and I accidentally walked in on him. The dude was squating on the seat with his feet. He looked like a bird on a perch. Now I have that image everytime I see birdman.

was he Vietnamese ? a local refugee after the war was seen doing this in school
when some of his friends tried to pest him about it he started this explanation
that sounded like some type of religious reason for the position.
no idea if he would still be doing it though that he's now in his 50's

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
There is possibly a better explanation for birdman. if you google going number 2 and the best way, you will find out sitting on a toilet ain't a very good way to do so. due to the way our plumbing is shaped, sitting causes more strain than needed, the best way is squatting on your feet. I know it works better, enough time in the woods with no bathroom in sight..you get the idea.

Mike

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in town, if i have to go..I come home! I like my "restroom"

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Jeff no he wasnt from Vietnam. Didnt think of the religious factor. BC thats a very logical explanation. Maybe Birdman knows something.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is possibly a better explanation for birdman. if you google going number 2 and the best way, you will find out sitting on a toilet ain't a very good way to do so. due to the way our plumbing is shaped, sitting causes more strain than needed, the best way is squatting on your feet. I know it works better, enough time in the woods with no bathroom in sight..you get the idea.

Mike

Will put it on my "Bucket List"...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has brought some memories from the past. I remember seeing men doing this in public bathrooms. I remember using the urinal in the basement at the courthouse when I was preteen. The stalls had no doors. I saw a man squatting on the toilet. When I, and a friend, were in our teens, went into a service station bathroom. I used the urinal; but he had to do more. He was squatting on the toilet. I remarked that he didn't look all that comfortable. He said it wasn't all that bad. I asked him why he didn't just sit. He said that the seat was filthy, and he thought this would be a better way to do his 'business'.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is possibly a better explanation for birdman. if you google going number 2 and the best way, you will find out sitting on a toilet ain't a very good way to do so. due to the way our plumbing is shaped, sitting causes more strain than needed, the best way is squatting on your feet. I know it works better, enough time in the woods with no bathroom in sight..you get the idea

Mike

Well actually, in the woods, I lean back against a tree to make sure the landing area is not fabric.
Now I admit, at home, I do squat and wipe. lol Frank five star.png
111-2 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread