Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Two more good ones.

"I would have shot him if he were jesus christ"....Ben Thompson

"All the papers say lies about me,they say I shot 3 or 4 men for snoring,that isnt true.I only shot one man for snoring"

John Wesley Harding.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" Davy Crockett

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two kinds of men in this world, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those that dig..... you dig. Clint Eastwood, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"All men rise to one level above their competence".....The Peter Principle

"Attitude...the difference between ordeal and adventure"

"You do what you wish with your scalp, don't be telling me what to do with mine"...Hawkeye, " Last of The Mohicans"

" Some day, I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement"....ibid.

"When you finish skinning that one Pilgrim, I'll fetch ye another"....Jerihmia Johnson

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was working for a company with a few convenience stores in the late 70s to mid 80s. I started carrying a little pistol in my hip pocket because I was carrying quite a bit of money from the stores to the bank several times a week. Sometime at night it was necessary to use the night deposit box at the bank. I didn't like the where the drop box was located, but couldn't get the bank to change its location. I had to drive up a ramp and into an area that was about 40' by maybe 50' with no roof, and very little lighting. It had 4 walls with about a 15' opening to drive through. It would have been easy for someone to stand almost anywhere in that area and rob someone that wasn't aware of the dangers.
Anyway, my boss asked me one day if it made me feel 'big' to carry a gun. I was kinda shocked. I told him no, that I had rather have it and never need to use it than to need it and not have it. I had not heard the 'quote' about having a gun and not needing it opposed to needing it and not having it. I heard it somewhere a while later.
About a year later, he found himself in a situation that made him wish he had a gun. He was carrying several thousand in cash, and thought someone was following him on a road that wasn't traveled a lot. Really scared him! Turned out that the vehicle following him was someone that lived on that road. It turned into a driveway. After that he carried a gun the rest of his life. (Later, he used that same gun to kill himself.)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
"Reality is just a conspiracy theory when you are locked into delusions." --Stefan Molyneux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread