worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.........if you saw it you would remember it..maybe you don't recall it. Just sayin.

GOD Bless

Chris

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I finally see it. Her ear turns into an eye as she looks back. Frank five star.png

Try this one
Heads down_edited-1.jpg
Heads down_edited-2.jpg Inverted

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I see it now. It's the profile of an old witch lady looking towards the left. The young girls ear is the witch's eye and the nose is the wart on the witch's nose which is comprised of the younger lady's entire facial profile. The necklace is her mouth. For the life of me, I couldn't see it the other day.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I see it now. It's the profile of an old witch lady looking towards the left. The young girls ear is the witch's eye and the nose is the wart on the witch's nose which is comprised of the younger lady's entire facial profile. The necklace is her mouth. For the life of me, I couldn't see it the other day.

was so obvious to me when I looked at the shadow under the girls chin,
and it turned into a nostral
that I thought you were being sarcastic :laughing7: & not wanting to fall for it , i didn't respond :tongue3:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was so obvious to me when I looked at the shadow under the girls chin,
and it turned into a nostral
that I thought you were being sarcastic :laughing7: & not wanting to fall for it , i didn't respond :tongue3:
LOL, Now that I see it, it's all I see!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh whew, I finally see it. lol.
I always worry, when I can't make the vision flip, somethings wrong with the brain. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh whew, I finally see it. lol.
I always worry, when I can't make the vision flip, somethings wrong with the brain. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
I can always use the excuse that I am blind in one eye and couldn't see the "whole" picture, lol. Sucks that I can't watch 3d movies though!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Actually I can shift it in my brain and see three images: the young girl looking away, the young girl looking back and the witch. Frank five star.png

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I can shift it in my brain and see three images: the young girl looking away, the young girl looking back and the witch. Frank View attachment 1063252

I think I see what you mean :laughing7:

it's hard to tell if the girls body is standing facing, or pointing away from us

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually I can shift it in my brain and see three images: the young girl looking away, the young girl looking back and the witch. Frank View attachment 1063252

Me also Frank.... I truly believe it's how each and every one of us is WIRED in how we "view". I also believe up-bringing might have a bearing also... maybe? But mostly it pre-conceived notions on how things "should be" based upon what we "see". I've always looked "deeper" then what is out front. Maybe that's why I was always a very successful hunter.

I always wondered why we go through normal life utilizing two eyes... and then when "we" do something precision we close one eye. I have NEVER done this. I shot world class archery with a lens mounted in my string and a powerful scope out front with BOTH EYES OPEN. Even squirrel hunting with a .22 all my life... BOTH EYES OPEN.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the way I shoot most time; both eyes open. Growing up, I probably used more bbs than anybody by the age of 16. I almost 'lived' with a bb gun in my hands. I carried it everywhere I went except school and church. The sheriff's deputies used to pick me up and take me to the courthouse to shoot the birds and pigeons that were messing up the sidewalks so badly.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I shoot with one eye open. I use to teach archery at a summer resort called Seven Springs in PA. But that was back when the recurved bow was the latest thing and 35# bows were powerful.
I am one of those people that aren't distracted by the object being presented in a commercial. I always look at everything else. When I was a kid of 8 or 10, I use to lay on the grass with my sister and watch cloud formations to see who could pick out the most images. it's amazing how many objects you can see up there.
Hay 777 I will have to challenge you on that BB count. When I was 12 I got my Red Ryder. I hopped it up by bending the BB retaining spring. it would go thru a coke can. I use to wipe out the sparrows at the feed company for a small fee. I could light a strike it anywhere at 15' with a BB. Yea, sometimes I broke the match. As I have gotten older, I have lost that killer instinct, but I still love target shooting. I have a 100 yard range on my farm. With my .22-250, I can hit a quart bottle at 100 yards, every time. Maybe I will try the bottle caps next, LOL Frank five star.png
Hay.jpg Hay, I shoot pictures too.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks.... The only reason I mention saying "shooting with both eyes open" was when while I was shooting World Class Archery it was just another element of "the shot" (to me). Anything that gave me just ONE MORE INSIDE OUT BULLS-EYES (arrow dead center not touching scoring ring) I leaped at. But I was standing off-hand with the bow not grabbing a sapling with a .22 aiming at a squirrels head.

I believe it helped with balance within the human body. We go through life (normally) with both eyes OPEN. But when doing something VERY PECISION (requiring eyesight) the "balance" made a difference for me with both eyes open. Looking through a "power scope" with both eye's open requires experience. I had a small "scope"... power lens mounted in a peep sight within the sting and another scope 24" away to look through further magnifying the target. All movement was GREATLY MAGIFINIED requiring body balance, strength and mental discipline to the trigger finger while controlling timing upon release. Other disciplines then followed to complete shot success.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn, I got my first Red Ryder for Christmas when I was either 7 or 8. I have had 2 of those, an 'Eagle', a pump, and 2 or 3 of the 'Cubs', plus a Marksman bb pistol, a Crosman pump type bb/pellet pistol, a Crosman 760 pump rifle, I also had a Sheridan Silver Streak 5mm pellet rifles, and 2 Crosman X Storm break-barrel pellet rifles; also a Crosman 454 CO2 and Crosman 110 (?) model CO2 bb pistols. I still have the 2 X Storms, 2 CO2 pistols and the 760 model pump rifle; also one of the Daisy Cubs rifles.
Now, after I've said all of this, we may have to agree to disagree about who shot the most bbs. lol
I'm going out in a few minutes to try out a new .357 mag revolver I traded for yesterday. I really would have liked to have had one of the Ruger revolvers that I looked at, but they didn't fit my hand as well as the Taurus.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn, I got my first Red Ryder for Christmas when I was either 7 or 8. I have had 2 of those, an 'Eagle', a pump, and 2 or 3 of the 'Cubs', plus a Marksman bb pistol, a Crosman pump type bb/pellet pistol, a Crosman 760 pump rifle, I also had a Sheridan Silver Streak 5mm pellet rifles, and 2 Crosman X Storm break-barrel pellet rifles; also a Crosman 454 CO2 and Crosman 110 (?) model CO2 bb pistols. I still have the 2 X Storms, 2 CO2 pistols and the 760 model pump rifle; also one of the Daisy Cubs rifles.
Now, after I've said all of this, we may have to agree to disagree about who shot the most bbs. lol
I'm going out in a few minutes to try out a new .357 mag revolver I traded for yesterday. I really would have liked to have had one of the Ruger revolvers that I looked at, but they didn't fit my hand as well as the Taurus.

Well, look at it this way, you can only shoot one at a time, lol. I have had quite a few BB and .22 air rifles and pistols. almost bought a Sheridan .357 air rifle. It used compressed air. It will take out a wild boar. I also use to have a paintball field on the farm.
Now for the heavy stuff. I have dirty Harry's S&W mod 29 .44 magnum. I also have a few others. Yes the Taurus is nice. I use to be a FFL dealer at one time. Frank five star.png
dirty harry.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread