SPAM EMAIL- didnt take them long

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPAM EMAIL- didn't take them long

Maybe some one can help this fellow out- i'll be kinda busy for a while..

from emmanualkabbah@ gmail

Dear Friend,
I am Emmanuel Kabbah,
I and from Sierra Leone West Africa.
I got your contact information while searching for some one that will
help me and my family.
I am writing this letter to you in pain as an introduction and
extension of my hands of friendship and establishing a meaningful
business Relationship with you.
I just lost my Father from the present EBOLA out brake diesis. I am
the first Son of my family.
I need a reliable partner that I can be entrust with 186kg of gold
dust and will be able to do all necessary Negotiations on my behalf.
This gold dust belongs to my family but because of the present
saturation I decided to sell this gold to take my family out of the
country.
I strongly convince that your interest in this proposal will be Mutual
benefit to both of us.
I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you
Emmanuel
+xxx25279609

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda like an email I got from a cousin. Not really her, but was supposed to be from her. Said that she and her family were in Germany and got mugged. All of their money, luggage, phones, etc. were taken. She wanted to know if I was in a position to send her $1500 so they could get back to the states. I called their home. She answered the phone. Said her email had been hacked. I spent several days 'playing' these scammers. Had a lot of fun!

OP
OP
K

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda like an email I got from a cousin. Not really her, but was supposed to be from her. Said that she and her family were in Germany and got mugged. All of their money, luggage, phones, etc. were taken. She wanted to know if I was in a position to send her $1500 so they could get back to the states. I called their home. She answered the phone. Said her email had been hacked. I spent several days 'playing' these scammers. Had a lot of fun!

NICE ONE!!! I like messing with telemarketers when they keep calling...

Thinking about sending along the contact info for some eco-terrorist and wack-o-nut organizations for the poor guy to get in touch with...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you talking about mike? I am getting 15 million from a Kenyan lawyer for simply letting him use my bank account to send money to an unknown shadowy prince that is currently stuck in Venezuela . I can't see any problems here?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 5 bucks every time i give out a email addy lol.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a problem once when trying to get my 'alternative' email account set up. I had an account previously, but it had been long enough that I had forgot both the password and the user name. So I started a new account. I used my usual user name and was told that I could not use that name because it was already taken. I spotted a link for help with a phone number. Dumb me! I didn't notice that it was 'shaded', meaning it was an ad site.
Anyway, I called the number. A lady answered and told me she was with Microsoft. She asked me what kind of a problem I was having. After telling her about the problem, she asked me to let her into my computer--??!! Since she said she was with Microsoft, I allowed her access. In about 3 or 4 minutes, she announced that the problems were solved and I was good to go.
Then she said that I owed her $99.99! I told her that I was not aware that I would be charged for the service. She said that her company didn't do these services for free. I asked her if she had not told me that she worked for Microsoft. She said that her company 'did'/performed work for Microsoft. I asked her if she was a Microsoft employee and she said no and asked me how I would like to pay the $99.99. I told her to get the h*ll off my 'f**king' phone and hung up. After thinking about a few minutes, I called the number again. I told the lady that answered about what had happened. I told her if I was in any way billed/charged for any services from her company that I would sue the h*ll out of them. I never heard of any bill against me. I immediately 'wiped' my computer and reloaded the operating system.
I have had 3 different times that I received calls from someone telling me that my computer was infected with a virus. I asked how they knew about it. They said that they were 'with Microsoft' and that the 'main server' showed that my computer was infected. By now, I was certain this was a scam. I told the man that I would simply 'wipe' my computer and reload the operating system. He told me that since these 'hackers' had my info, they would just re-infect my computer. He said that only his company could guarantee that I would be free of these hackers. I asked him what I needed to do about it. He said that for $499 they would go into my computer and clear the virus. I 'led' him on for about 20 more minutes before he realized that I was just 'pulling his chain'.
It's a lot of fun to lead someone 'on' when you know they are trying to scam you out of your money!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes these scam artist like a lil break and entertainment. The goal is to keep you talking and usually they have you talk about yourself. Its gaining trust to sell you something you didnt know you need. Its a numbers game. So many out of a 100 calls fall for it. Take charity calls, if you knew how many pennys on the dollar actually went to the charitys you would be upset. Lately its been over seas folks interupting things. Im to unerstand its pay back from Putin and all the sanctions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions