Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You went all out on your first ink. Go big or go home right?

That takes love of the hobby to a whole new level

Cool!
I was bragging and looking forward to a New England sports themed tattoo, then I realized I wanted something more personal. I ran the idea of a metal detecting tat to my wife, and she was supportive. I took the idea to my artist, and the design he came up with left me stunned. I cant wait to not only show off this bad boy to my friends, co-workers and customers.. but also to future permissions, haha.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are so funny, Dave, you got that tat because you were still high on adrenalin from finding that half. Years from now (in your case , two years) it will look like a weed wacker.

Buddy of mine that I worked with for years had a tat of a snake, under it was "don't tread on me" He had gotten the tat when he was 18, when he worked with us he was in his thirty's when he started with us. The tat had faded and looked more like a "pile of Shi*" we used to ask him why he got a pile of shi* on his arm?

ironarmknives

Nov 13, 2013
San Diego CA.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS ,whites v3i, excalibur 1000 blue,
put to rest CTX 3030 ,MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a arm sleeve my wife hates it !!!! so i wear long sleeve shirts when we go out… she is a teacher and has standards LOL

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are so funny, Dave, you got that tat because you were still high on adrenalin from finding that half. Years from now (in your case , two years) it will look like a weed wacker.

WOW.... you know how to bring it! FYI, My adrenaline rush from finding that walker will last longer than the tat for sure:laughing7:
The way I see it, I have 27 years of lung damage from smoking(still no smokes 2 months now), Scars from wrecks, surgeries, and skin C, so a tat aint nothin I cant handle. You and I need to go for a few :occasion14:... we would have a blast, BSing about all sorts of crap

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have a arm sleeve my wife hates it !!!! so i wear long sleeve shirts when we go out… she is a teacher and has standards LOL

My work uniform will cover it up for the most part, My skin prolly wouldn't be able to handle a whole sleeve...Too much sun damage on my forearms.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.... you know how to bring it! FYI, My adrenaline rush from finding that walker will last longer than the tat for sure:laughing7:
The way I see it, I have 27 years of lung damage from smoking(still no smokes 2 months now), Scars from wrecks, surgeries, and skin C, so a tat aint nothin I cant handle. You and I need to go for a few :occasion14:... we would have a blast, BSing about all sorts of crap

Sorry Dave just like your smokes I gave up recreational drugs, alcohol, and smokes, 24 years this coming Dec. 11th. But I would love to detect and shoot the breeze with you.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your new ink!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone told my Mom.... ugh.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told my Mom.... ugh.
Back in my wilder days, my roofing buddies and I all went down to Myrtle Beach for a Golf/drinking week/vacation. One night we were hanging in a bar and announced it was my birthday. The free drinks started stacking up and the party was getting bigger. I told my buddy that around the corner I spotted a tattoo place where they were doing the "new decals" 1987 this was. I told everyone I was going out to get a tat for my birthday. Really we went and in 5 minutes I had a black panther on my neck(decal). We went and hung out at a different bar for a couple hours before we went back to "RockBurgers", the first bar. There were some bikers hanging with us that when they seen the decal said, "dam that must of hurt like hell!" ha. When I got home a few days later I ran into my mom and she started crying when she thought I had a black panther tattooed on my neck. Haaaaaa, lol

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, this isn't gonna go over too well. My Mom has been telling me for 43 years not to get one. She gonna kick my A$$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions