Timing -2 Milestones At The Same Time

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL ....Just noticed this is my 22,001 post and today is also my 66th Birthday...

972fa267b7a15c4feeb8eddb23b1edd9.jpg

a69826e7ff2b1c40b423c8838e9dedcf.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to go old timer, now it is time to back it down a bit

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Happy Birthday!:occasion14::occasion14::occasion14:

By the way, how close are you to catching up with Jeff of PA now? looll

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Happy Birthday!:occasion14::occasion14::occasion14:

By the way, how close are you to catching up with Jeff of PA now? looll
Thanks...

Never happen, I think jeff has over twice as many posts and been here twice as long... Jeff is the Grand Poobah..

9883f29d16bd5b7e87b301f4a8668b0e.jpg

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That isn't stopping Jeff G! He is valiantly hacking at his keyboard and trying to gain a little ground.

FYI, I think it could be done,, no sleeping for a few years, but someone may have to feed and clean you, while you are typing.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK - Time to take it easy and leave the treasure hunting to us young guys! Happy B-Day!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That isn't stopping Jeff G! He is valiantly hacking at his keyboard and trying to gain a little ground.

FYI, I think it could be done,, no sleeping for a few years, but someone may have to feed and clean you, while you are typing.
Maybe if i live to be 110 and would still have to break JeffofPA's wrists first. ...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PSST, Hey Jeff ,,, Come here,, wanna show ya sumpin.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, congradulations, how much longer before you join the rest of us retired individuals?......Gary

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st SS check is direct deposited in 34 days.

Some time between Nov 1 and Dec 31 I will retire from this profession and find a job doing something I can enjoy doing... Need insurance for wife she is over 20 years younger.

I have a couple prospects already, don't need a lot of money, just insurance for wife, with my SS and my pensions I will bring home same thing I make by working at job I have come to hate, way too much stress in current job........

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good choice of beer, enjoy them, and all your endeavors as you approach your next milestones!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HaPpy Birthday Treasure Hunter and happy posting too. That Black and Tan is one of my favorite brews too.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.....

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how many posts Jeff of PA has, I don't even know how many I have. No, you'll probably never catch Jeff, but you can have a lot fun--nah, scratch that. You just keep going like you are. It's time to try to not try to do anything that is going take time and is in the least bit strenuous. lol I'm 72, 6 years ahead of you. I try to keep things as simple as possible. It's time for you to do the same.
When I retired, I got bored after a while. I worked at WalMart as a greeter for a couple of years. Then when I moved here to Idaho, I talked to the WalMart people here about working. The lady said that one of the greeters was about to retire and she'd like to have me take her place. As the time grew nearer, I got to thinking. I called the lady less than a week before the greeter retired. I told her to take my name off her list because I wasn't going to work anymore.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many posts Jeff of PA has, I don't even know how many I have. No, you'll probably never catch Jeff, but you can have a lot fun--nah, scratch that. You just keep going like you are. It's time to try to not try to do anything that is going take time and is in the least bit strenuous. lol I'm 72, 6 years ahead of you. I try to keep things as simple as possible. It's time for you to do the same.
When I retired, I got bored after a while. I worked at WalMart as a greeter for a couple of years. Then when I moved here to Idaho, I talked to the WalMart people here about working. The lady said that one of the greeters was about to retire and she'd like to have me take her place. As the time grew nearer, I got to thinking. I called the lady less than a week before the greeter retired. I told her to take my name off her list because I wasn't going to work anymore.
I'm still going to work, but it will be at a job with a lot less stress than my current job.

Been working telcom for 41 years, tired of being on call and really tired of the intense pressure which is the nature of the occupation when your installing and repairing T-1 and fiber voice and data networks in large businesses, hospitals, doctors and lawyer offices...

Some time with in the next 60 days I will quit my current job.. I know what I want to do, just waiting to see if it works out...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope the new job does work out. And I hope you really love it. I started working for myself in 1985 the gas pumps at the convenience stores. I really liked the job or I certainly wouldn't have continued as long as I did. I was on call 24/7/365. Not often, but I have been called out between midnight and 3 a.m. of few times. I covered about a 100 mile radius of Waco, Texas. Everywhere from Dallas to Bryan/College Station and from Palestine to Burnett. After 10 years of it, I finally got to the point I wanted some help. I went to work for a company that had a guy that was equal in knowledge as myself. Together we made a great team; until he quit about two years later. That left me with the whole bundle until I retired in 2004, 9 years later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread