Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Oregon Vikings off topic.... free for all thread!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    4038 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey OV, May have gotten in over my head by taking this pinball all apart! We'll see!!!!!!
    The thought was to restore it. I'll keep at it and see what happens!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS Playfield 001.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	1484297

Name:	HS Playfield 002.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	1484298

Name:	HS Playfield 003.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	1484299

Name:	HS Playfield 004.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	1484300
    Oregon Viking likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    9710 times
    I haven't seen a pinball machine around here for years. They will escalate in price...like guitars.
    Keep 'em.
    Save 'em
    Don't get rid of 'em!!!
    Nitric likes this.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6106 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Viking View Post
    I haven't seen a pinball machine around here for years. They will escalate in price...like guitars.
    Keep 'em.
    Save 'em
    Don't get rid of 'em!!!
    I say let's get Jason, you and I all together in my shop and let's build the first totally wooden one! We'll put a fake metal plate on the bottom "Viking Machine Works - 1857" and sell it! Us other two will swear to it.
    Nitric and Oregon Viking like this.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    9710 times
    Latest project.
    I bought it gutted, but I had the necessary hardware.
    Mahogany archtop body. Gold hardware, coiltap, 24 fret bound neck.

Attachment 1306058

Attachment 1306059

Attachment 1306060
    Rustygold....

This^^^ is the guitar those Reflex pickups are being installed in.
    RustyGold likes this.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4514 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Looks like that guitar is perfect for those PU’s. Cool guitar.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    9710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Looks like that guitar is perfect for those PU’s. Cool guitar.
    But... what neck to use?
    A.......

Name:	DSCN9855.JPG 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	1530625

Or B?

Name:	samick neck.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	972.0 KB 
ID:	1530626

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    9710 times

Name:	26231171_1277332665744811_5232853109629799719_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	1537046
    jeff-gordon and gold boy like this.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10392 times
    Metal Detecting
    AMEN

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    9710 times
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    9710 times

Name:	hoyt 002.JPG 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	1591170

Name:	hoyt 003.jpg 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	1591171

Name:	hoyt 004.jpg 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1591177

Name:	hoyt 011.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	1591178

Name:	hoyt 014.JPG 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	1591179

Name:	hoyt 017.jpg 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	1591180

Name:	hoyt 021.JPG 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	1591186

Name:	hoyt 023.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	1591187
    gold boy and Limitool like this.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10392 times
    Metal Detecting
    been wondering about you whippersnapper

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    6106 times
    Metal Detecting

Name:	hoyt 002.JPG 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	1591170

Name:	hoyt 003.jpg 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	1591171

Name:	hoyt 004.jpg 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1591177

Name:	hoyt 011.jpg 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	1591178

Name:	hoyt 014.JPG 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	1591179

Name:	hoyt 017.jpg 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	1591180

Name:	hoyt 021.JPG 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	1591186

Name:	hoyt 023.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	1591187
    Mr. V... Replied to your PM also. Appears to be a great looking bow. I know your tall guy so proper draw length will be a concern (for everyone also). The bow appears to be 60% let-off (is this correct?) If so it will be a much smoother bow to shoot when released. This will lead to better accuracy for the "average" person. The sight is going to be fine for hunting as almost anything will work out front. I don't like seeing the overdraw bracket mounted for you to use at first. This leads to shorter faster arrows. Just because your a tall - strong guy you don't need a HIGH POUNDAGE bow to take game. And it's much easier to shoot and control at a lower poundage also. But the bow looks to be in great shape buddy!

Now their will ALWAYS be those who think 70+ pounds, overdraw brackets and light carbon arrows are the best of the best... but their not (don't get sucked into that line of thought). I always told all my students to shoot in the "KISS" mode... Keep It Simple Stupid...!!! High arrow speed is detrimental to accuracy and should only be used by very seasoned - schooled shooters. But "rumors" abound by novice shooters and archery manufactures. Business is business I guess and many folks "buy into it".

In fall of 91' the shop got a batch of Easton XX75's in the 2512 size delivered. Huge diameter shafted arrows for very high poundage bows. My first thought was "damn, I wonder if I could get these big boys to fly out of my 2-38lb. Hoyt Pro Vantage Medalist target bows? Well 3 dozen arrows later I finally came up with a combination that actually worked great. Cut all arrows 6" to long, add a huge weight of 175 grains and use the largest fletchings possible. I was setting them up to use at the 92' Vegas Open which was introducing the new "Vegas" target. They used a 10 ring about 1/2 the size of normal. So my thinking was... If their going to make the target that small now then I want to use the biggest diameter arrow shaft possible to "touch it". When I got there I looked around to other pro's to see if anyone else was trying this. Well I made it to the finals and there was 4 of us using them. Us 4 exchanged a lot of information. The next year 12 of these setup's made it into the finals (out of hundreds only the top 50 make it to the finals). Many folks and manufactures approached me and asked "how the hell did you get them to fly right?".

So here's my point Mr. Viking.... Shooting a shaft designed for a high poundage bow and making it work in a low poundage bow @ 50% let off takes a professional shooter to pull it off (very hard to shoot). AND... it's the same doing the reverse. Meaning light arrows in a high poundage bow, overdraw bracket and a high let-off does not help accuracy. Just something to think about. But if your bow is around 60% let off and you shoot proper sized full length arrows and the draw is right looks like ya got a great bow. Brad
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    9710 times
    Thanks brother Brad!
    Well it appears this overdraw/arrow rest came on this bow. According to the manual.. Draw length 31", adjustable and Draw weight 60-70#, adjustable. Someone has written all the tiller and brace height measurements in the "notes" of the manual. It came with light carbon arrows, trophy hunter 400. They are skinny compared to my old Eastons Wicked broad-heads though. How do I know what the let-off is? It doesn't say anywhere on the bow, in fact no sticker.
    Luckily the draw weight, draw length, cable and string length were written down in the manual... looks to be when the bow was purchased. So since I already have the overdraw and don't really want to find/install a new arrow rest.. what arrows would you recommend? For some reason I have always liked Easton aluminum's.
    Last edited by Oregon Viking; May 17, 2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Limitool likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    random chat thread member

Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    5334 times
    coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    that a nice compound bow i use one for hunting and i love it the first time i used it i popped my arm with the string that did hurt

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    6106 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks brother Brad!
    Well it appears this overdraw/arrow rest came on this bow. According to the manual.. Draw length 31", adjustable and Draw weight 60-70#, adjustable. Someone has written all the tiller and brace height measurements in the "notes" of the manual. It came with light carbon arrows, trophy hunter 400. They are skinny compared to my old Eastons Wicked broad-heads though. How do I know what the let-off is? It doesn't say anywhere on the bow, in fact no sticker.
    Luckily the draw weight, draw length, cable and string length were written down in the manual... looks to be when the bow was purchased. So since I already have the overdraw and don't really want to find/install a new arrow rest.. what arrows would you recommend? For some reason I have always liked Easton aluminum's.
    Well guy since you asked I'll give ya my opinion based upon what you got and am not wanting to change and what I see. The arrow rest you got is very adjustable for any size arrow you end up with. So that's covered. All you'll have to do is get the nock properly set and the arrow centershot. It may be for the arrows that came with it...? And if you do go for a heavier arrow you arrow rest can be adjusted for the weight also. Not to stiff... and not to loose.

Purchase a bow sling and get it mounted. When actually shooting NEVER grip the bow. Keep the bow arm hand "open" and barely touch the bow (fingertips) if you feel the need. Don't put too much hand into the bow grip. It's a very common mistake to do. When to much grip is used it "rolls" the lower forearm closer into the bow string when fired. Even without a bow in your hand you can see the difference yourself while extending your arm and then pretending to gain more grip. A bow sling allows you to NOT grip the bow when drawing or dropping it after fired. It should fit loosely across upper wrist (no tightness or weight bearing). After firing just let the bow go with your follow-thru and it will pop right back into your hand. This greatly enhances accuracy also by not torquing a bow before the arrow leaves and begins to paradox.

Now after talking to ya about this before I realize your not a schooled or seasoned shooter. And again don't get wrapped up with your physical size and strength. So with this now said I suggest you shoot the bow at it's lower weight so it is easier to reproduce several shots while getting used to it. And even at 60lbs. please shoot slow. Now this will lead to different arrows also. Check Easton's charts for bow weight and draw length. Do not get "entry" level arrows like the old gamegetters. These arrows can bend upon impact from just practicing. And there hard to re-straighten also. Spring for some XX75's at the least. There cheaper in the end. And if you end up with say 3 choices go with the heavier arrow. Point being.... slow the damn bow DOWN. And what I don't like about your apparent setup is while at full draw your broad-head will be behind your grip and over it. It's even dangerous shooting target arrows. I have personally SAW 4 hunting bows blow up and 1 had an overdraw setup. It was brutal. The shooters bow arm was cut in several places and I was hit with 1/3 of a broken arrow shaft on my forehead while standing behind him. Maybe cut your arrows a couple of inches to long and just go with a heavier broad-head to soften up the spline weight of the stiffer shaft. This too will slow it down some while enhancing accuracy.

You can check the bow weight let off by just pulling down on a spring loaded scale. An archery shop will have one. Peak weight will show and then when it cams over the weight will drop. Do the math and that's your let-off percentage. Easy to do. The less the let-off the smoother the shot will be to control enhancing accuracy again.

Viking... Are you going to be using a release aid of some type? I ask because a 31" draw seems to be a little short for someone of your height. Depending upon the release aid this will help some. And it also makes a difference on your arrow choice if using one. If ya have a good archery shop around have them use a measuring arrow on you. And if you can have a "kiss button" installed and then anchor center of lips up front as this would help if the draw was a little short also.

Ok guy... just my take on what I see and what your asked. Wish ya was here for a week so I could help ya. Maybe after 2-3 days we'd get around to putting up a target and see what happens!!!! Targets are easy to hit... shooting is the hard part. Any other questions or concerns?
    Last edited by Limitool; May 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links