Weird event in Philadelphia suburbs, maybe treasure related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff this is my opinion of the first discussion, then I will stop harping on it. Believe you me. My interest is that all the information was at one time in a single place. Easily accessible and in digital format to boot not even the kid has that. Everything is written by hand with him. I may be new to the, online game, but I can use the find feature. If you follow me. My son better watch out! Now as to the hoax suggestion that is a thorny problem. See almost everything I read in the cache pages I can access, everything from treasure hunters on the ground in Warrington that is, is corroborated by my neighbors. And the little lady. They have seen these things as have I. My wife heard the trumpeting for instance and saw strange lights. I could go on and on. So to call those things a hoax, is no different from calling my neighbors and friends liars. From calling my wife and I liars. I will not stand for it by thunder! But I will no longer ask how it has been proven a hoax, I read between the lines. I may be old but I am still sharp. No one is comfortable explaining how, so that for all intents and purposes it was proven neither one thing nor another. Or they would explain why and how and put it to rest but they cannot. Permit me an anecdote. You see, hardly different than a trial in which the judge says "you are guilty but I refuse to say why or present any evidence against you." My two cents. What is a buried treasure story but the potentiality for wealth? Sudden riches. A trail of bread crumbs if you will. I have heard tales about more than two million dollars in gold and, what have you, buried in the woods near my home. A pretty penny make no mistake. Then I think to myself. Of course people say it is not real probably the same people who believe in it most! That clears the road for them. Rambling again but I hope you can bear along. Others may say unreal, I think may be that it is an out of the ordinary experience to many and hard to swallow. I can respect that but if so then what did I see, what did I dig out of the ground? Why have people been seeing what they have for fifty or more years? Everyone here is convinced I suppose that is the key, the benefit of living through it all. That no one on the internets can experience. Technology brings us together and divides us too. Ah but that is an argument for another day.

Jeff I must have neglected to mention it. I dug the tin out of the ground the day after I saw it buried about three o' clock or so in the afternoon so it was not under long. Terry Soloman sounds like the college kid and the old thread all rolled into one, there are two more of these out there they say. In fact I have been told, it is annual, going back fifty years like everything else. Which means there are many more. If you follow me. Good heavens I wish I had found the gold instead! Stricly speaking I am aware the demonstrators were not Bedouins but I do not have a name for them so to me by their outfits they are Bedouins. Now vor said he translated the message but has not, gotten back to us, yet. Doubter your hostility, whatever you want to call it, is part of the reason why I am so interested in the online forums aspect of Warrington buried treasure. These costumed people burying treasure, protecting it and all that have elicited a strong reaction from many. Not just on the internets but here too where I live where people and their homes, lives are actually affected. But the uproar here went the way of the dodo long ago. We have learned to live with it meanwhile the online forums are up in arms now why is that? Part of me thinks it is because Middle Easterners are involved part of me thinks maybe outrage at burying treasure instead of digging it up. One could say that, these people are not prudent financiers like the rest of you!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well been following this thread, I have no idea what this other banned/deleted thread was about, but I'd love to read it if it is archived somewhere, if anybody could be so kind to PM me where I can read it I'd be thankful!

As for that text on that page..that's a copy of a page in the dead sea scrolls. 97% positive.

Mike

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, so, I'm pretty sure that all this "weirdness" going on in the woods or whatever is people LARPing (Fantasy roleplaying, usually swords staffs, armor and the like.)

To me the message looks like Elvish of some form. They could have dug something out there (magic rocks) that another team was supposed to find.

I think this is all a blown out of proportion fantasy. They are just geeks in the woods.

Reversed (mirror) of message
20140107_154700.jpg

Elvish based on Tolkien
tengwar.jpg

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well been following this thread, I have no idea what this other banned/deleted thread was about, but I'd love to read it if it is archived somewhere, if anybody could be so kind to PM me where I can read it I'd be thankful!

As for that text on that page..that's a copy of a page in the dead sea scrolls. 97% positive.

Mike

I'm looking at unicode now trying to find the language. If it exists and isn't a bunch of made up scribbles.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so, I'm pretty sure that all this "weirdness" going on in the woods or whatever is people LARPing (Fantasy roleplaying, usually swords staffs, armor and the like.)

To me the message looks like Elvish of some form. They could have dug something out there (magic rocks) that another team was supposed to find.

I think this is all a blown out of proportion fantasy. They are just geeks in the woods.

Reversed (mirror) of message
View attachment 1082753

Elvish based on Tolkien
View attachment 1082754

Kind of the same Idea as shavian.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The script doesnt seem to match exactly, but pretty close and who knows, maybe its High Elf, or Wood Elf, or Dark Elf, or Philly Elf, but I'm pretty sure its fantasy related.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The script doesnt seem to match exactly, but pretty close and who knows, maybe its High Elf, or Wood Elf, or Dark Elf, or Philly Elf, but I'm pretty sure its fantasy related.

I couldn't explain 50 years of it. We did nonsense like this as kids. We didn't dress up in costumes. Hey, doesn't anyone have the" Dick Tracey decoder ring! " type stuff. I agree, I think it's a game or maybe people doing a ritual of some kind. Or someone wanting you to think they are doing a ritual.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff this is my opinion of the first discussion, then I will stop harping on it. Believe you me. My interest is that all the information was at one time in a single place. Easily accessible and in digital format to boot not even the kid has that. Everything is written by hand with him. I may be new to the, online game, but I can use the find feature. If you follow me. My son better watch out! Now as to the hoax suggestion that is a thorny problem. See almost everything I read in the cache pages I can access, everything from treasure hunters on the ground in Warrington that is, is corroborated by my neighbors. And the little lady. They have seen these things as have I. My wife heard the trumpeting for instance and saw strange lights. I could go on and on. So to call those things a hoax, is no different from calling my neighbors and friends liars. From calling my wife and I liars. I will not stand for it by thunder! But I will no longer ask how it has been proven a hoax, I read between the lines. I may be old but I am still sharp. No one is comfortable explaining how, so that for all intents and purposes it was proven neither one thing nor another. Or they would explain why and how and put it to rest but they cannot. Permit me an anecdote. You see, hardly different than a trial in which the judge says "you are guilty but I refuse to say why or present any evidence against you." My two cents. What is a buried treasure story but the potentiality for wealth? Sudden riches. A trail of bread crumbs if you will. I have heard tales about more than two million dollars in gold and, what have you, buried in the woods near my home. A pretty penny make no mistake. Then I think to myself. Of course people say it is not real probably the same people who believe in it most! That clears the road for them. Rambling again but I hope you can bear along. Others may say unreal, I think may be that it is an out of the ordinary experience to many and hard to swallow. I can respect that but if so then what did I see, what did I dig out of the ground? Why have people been seeing what they have for fifty or more years? Everyone here is convinced I suppose that is the key, the benefit of living through it all. That no one on the internets can experience. Technology brings us together and divides us too. Ah but that is an argument for another day.

Jeff I must have neglected to mention it. I dug the tin out of the ground the day after I saw it buried about three o' clock or so in the afternoon so it was not under long. Terry Soloman sounds like the college kid and the old thread all rolled into one, there are two more of these out there they say. In fact I have been told, it is annual, going back fifty years like everything else. Which means there are many more. If you follow me. Good heavens I wish I had found the gold instead! Stricly speaking I am aware the demonstrators were not Bedouins but I do not have a name for them so to me by their outfits they are Bedouins. Now vor said he translated the message but has not, gotten back to us, yet. Doubter your hostility, whatever you want to call it, is part of the reason why I am so interested in the online forums aspect of Warrington buried treasure. These costumed people burying treasure, protecting it and all that have elicited a strong reaction from many. Not just on the internets but here too where I live where people and their homes, lives are actually affected. But the uproar here went the way of the dodo long ago. We have learned to live with it meanwhile the online forums are up in arms now why is that? Part of me thinks it is because Middle Easterners are involved part of me thinks maybe outrage at burying treasure instead of digging it up. One could say that, these people are not prudent financiers like the rest of you!

OK without going off subject too much, I can tell you Yes Treasure Hunters have been there.
the Original OP invited them But never showed up himself, Or if he did it was Incognito.
there were Videos of People with torches etc, But Being there was a Complete Confession online [Links to other sites are not Allowed so Don't ask for Links Please]
the OP was creating allot if not all of it,
in order to prove "how gullible Treasure Hunters are" :(
Due to this, it is very hard to believe anything there was real.

Yes I believe neighbors saw all this but was it Real or was it all part of the ruse ?

how do you trust anything Now :dontknow:

and being he was getting his jollies off sending Treasure Hunters on Wild goose chases , You can see why it is a sore subject to some.

Other then the Neighborhood is aware something is happening

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't explain 50 years of it. We did nonsense like this as kids. We didn't dress up in costumes. Hey, doesn't anyone have the" Dick Tracey decoder ring! " type stuff. I agree, I think it's a game or maybe people doing a ritual of some kind. Or someone wanting you to think they are doing a ritual.

Could also be someone messing with the General treasure hunting population there.

since word has got out Treasure hunters frequent the area

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
changed thought!

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't get it.

You may recall that I became friends with a local in the area a couple of years ago. While he doesn't live on Barefoot Lane, he is close enough where you could call him your neighbor. He has not heard of these occurrences that you cite.

Since your first post, he has again canvassed the neighborhood and law enforcement officers to see if anything unusual has been heard or seen in the reservoir area. Nothing. There were only a couple of people that recalled the commotion associated with the old hoax when it appeared in the local online newspaper a couple years back.

No Bedouins, Hiram or Robin Hood. Just some boy scouts that have their ceremonies in the park. I am guessing that you ran across them during a themed awards ceremony.

Aside from the nice young man with the yellow courier bag, where did you hear that there have been strange activities there? The cached pages? Certainly not from the local residents.

I wouldn't believe anything from the old cached TNet pages (where ever they reside) since it was deemed a hoax.

As Doubter noted, your search skills on the "internets" are exceptional. I couldn't find a trace of the information that you pointed to.

HH to you and the mrs.

V

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why, aren't there any creases in the note? If kids, I would think, it would be creased so bad. lol I know, I was a kid once!

Why a driveway or path? Why not in the woods? Why an easily accessible place?

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

I just don't get it.

You may recall that I became friends with a local in the area a couple of years ago. While he doesn't live on Barefoot Lane, he is close enough where you could call him your neighbor. He has not heard of these occurrences that you cite.

Since your first post, he has again canvassed the neighborhood and law enforcement officers to see if anything unusual has been heard or seen in the reservoir area. Nothing. There were only a couple of people that recalled the commotion associated with the old hoax when it appeared in the local online newspaper a couple years back.

No Bedouins, Hiram or Robin Hood. Just some boy scouts that have their ceremonies in the park. I am guessing that you ran across them during a themed awards ceremony.

Aside from the nice young man with the yellow courier bag, where did you hear that there have been strange activities there? The cached pages? Certainly not from the local residents.

I wouldn't believe anything from the old cached TNet pages (where ever they reside) since it was deemed a hoax.

As Doubter noted, your search skills on the "internets" are exceptional. I couldn't find a trace of the information that you pointed to.

HH to you and the mrs.

V

You really went to that much trouble to research this? Wow.

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I appreciate your candor, I truly do. Though something I cannot quite put my finger on. Please bear with me. As I said I think I have met the man who began looking for buried treasure in Warrington. Reasonably certain, I intend to check. More rapping knuckles. Not my cup of tea make no mistake but what else can I do? To go on, this fellow is one of the friendliest neighbors I have had in a long while, would give you the shirt off his back. Nothing like, the cretins in the city I can tell you! Now if we are talking about the same man what you say is completely out of character. Again if it is the right person. My question is, this confession, was not made here on the forums correct? If you follow me. You mention links so, another website is the source. Hopefully I am making sense. Online we are all anonymous, consider I did not place my last name in the account as this is my first foray. Perhaps as time goes on, I will feel, more comfortable for now you can call me John. The wife does facebook. Nothing is anonymous there, pictures video and all that. For the world to see. Did your confession come from an anonymous? If he, the original, confessed did he do it here from his forums account where you could confirm it was him. Or from an anonymous place where, you cannot. I apologize for my confusion, again the learning curve! I see a sore subject yes though I wonder how far another might go to throw people off. By thunder it is a trail to gold after all is it not. Forgive me I am old, and suspicious when money is involved. Vor I am sorry we do not have scouting in the woods here, that at least is something I know offhand as a friend of mine was involved in troop 172 with his son in the 1990s. Their camp was at Ockanickon in Nockamixon I would hope something like demonstrating as Bedouins would be easy to confirm, I will put in a call. That and what your friend on the beat says, it sounds like you are describing a completely different place. We are in Warrington, Bucks County, PA. If your friend is interviewing people and coming up empty, boy howdy he is in the wrong town! I live on Phillips Avenue. We have new construction on the west side, a new development. Tell him to try Bradford Avenue too. Plenty old timers and to spare. They should know. Now another method is to cut out the middle man, come to the woods and see the Bedouins yourself. A long shot and timing would need to be perfect. Though better than, on the beat, and rapping knuckles. If you follow me.

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vor I forgot to ask, how did you translate the message? It is what language, and which of the letters make up the message. How did you figure the others were, just placeholders, without meaning. No one else on the forums seems to know even what language it is. Nevermind the meaning! A much better response than from my anthropologist friend believe you me. Though, he may be blowing me off. Has he looked into it, I cannot say. Flyadive thank you for the directions, maybe if my back is not acting up this week I will, drag these old bones out there and see what I can see.

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vor the paragraph breaks, got you too! I will edit them in. Judging from the response some of my first post was, lost in translation. An old acquaintance of mine at the University of Pennsylvania promised to look into the Bedouins. This was months ago. Still he says, I am working on it. And how! Nothing yet. Though I cannot grasp the reference you make, the yellow bag belongs to someone else. And the rest? It sounds like a code phrase from Hitchcock. Say, the salmon are swimming upstream! As I said lost in translation. I will add paragraph breaks.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting closer...I think...or I'll go insane!..oh wait..heh

Interesting, I may not know what this is about, but I know who is who now.

The secret lies within..that's all you get! So not to ruin anything do your own sleuthing adventures.
Legio XX Photos

Say hi to evil Bob... Wut ? :p

Nice
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFQP8cEz2Ao

How can somebody be so many different people :p

BC

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why, aren't there any creases in the note?

That is a good question. They have some pretty hard creases when "found".

hardcreased.jpg

But magically, when opened the vertical crease just disappeared. :dontknow:

no crease note.jpg

It would seem that it is just magical as we know that the photo couldn't have been taken prior to folding???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread