Get Your Motor Running: 10 Cant-Miss Motorcycle Rides.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Get Your Motor Running: 10 Can't-Miss Motorcycle Rides.

Posting this because I think it would be fun, and in the spring we are buying a can-am spyder :D so it will be a good starting point for us.

Get Your Motor Running: 10 Can't-Miss Motorcycle Rides
A motorcycle driving down a clssic motorcyle route.
Whether or not you were born to be wild, you and your motorcycle can't help but answer the call of the open road. Allstate motorcycle insurance offers policies to protect you and your bike so you can safely enjoy America's can't-miss motorcycle rides.

Beartooth Highway

This all-American road offers you a pass through three national forests on the highest elevation highway in Wyoming and Montana. Surround yourself with glaciers, tundra and alpine forests and then slip off into Yellowstone National Park to see the West at its wildest. This seasonal road closes in the winter, so plan for a trip in the spring or summer.

Blue Ridge Parkway

It's no wonder why the 469 miles of this road are known as "America's Favorite Drive." As the connection between North Carolina's Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Virginia's Shenandoah National Park, it's the most visited part of the United States National Park System. The maximum speed here is 45 MPH, making it all the easier to take in the scenic views.

Cherohala Skyway

Before 1958, the roads that connected eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina were only fit for covered wagons. Today, you can cruise above the clouds from Tennessee's Cherokee National Forest to the Nantahala National Forest in North Carolina, taking in views of Bald River Falls and Indian Boundary Lake on sweeping curves.

Tail of the Dragon

At the end of Cherohala Skyway, you're faced with some choices: do it all over again, take off on highway 69 or ride the Tail of the Dragon. Also known as Federal Highway US 129, the Tail of the Dragon was originally a heavily traversed buffalo trail and has since played host to moonshiners and adventurous motorists. Today, motorcyclists enjoy conquering the fabled 318 curves in 11 miles just south of the Tennessee/North Carolina state line.

Going-to-the-Sun Road

It's a national landmark, a Historic Place and a marvel of modern engineering through the heart of Glacier National Park and over the Continental Divide. As the only road through Glacier National Park, this winding two-lane road has plenty of scenic viewpoints along its 50-mile span, giving visitors plenty of opportunities to take in the natural wonders around them.

Great River Road

The mighty Mississippi is the guide for one of the longest and oldest scenic byways in North America, winding 3,000 miles through 10 states along the Mississippi River Valley.

Green Mountain Scenic Byway

ou think Florida is completely flat? The Green Mountain Scenic Byway will prove you wrong. It's only 12 miles long, but this road winds through the hills of the Lake Wales Ridge and along the shore of Lake Apopka. Riders can take in historical landmarks, endangered wildlife and the Orlando skyline.

Natchez Trace Parkway

Formerly known as "Old Trace," this 444-mile span of road is a piece of history that has been used by prehistoric animals, Native Americans, European explorers and settlers. There are plenty of reasons to get off your bike and explore: from Civil War battlefields to scenic views.

Pacific Coast Highway

California, here we come! From Morro to Monterey, this 110-mile stretch of California's famous Route 1 brings you breathtaking ocean views and a cavalcade of quintessential California scenery from Redwood forests to 18th century Spanish missions. Pack your SPF 30!

The Million Dollar Highway

It isn't paved with gold, but the 25-mile route from Silverton to Ouray, Colorado, began as a toll road to connect these two mining towns. The road is known for steep inclines, hairpin s-curves and a lack of guardrails, ideal for the adventurous rider. Riders will pass by the remains of the Idarado mine. What's that glittering? Is there gold in them thar' hills?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pacific Coast Highway. Yes!
I had a Kawasaki 900 ninja and I rode from Canada border (Washington) to Mexico border (San Diego) 25 +/- years ago and I was single.
One of the best "trips" ever!!
Mike I really like your latest threads.....Deepseeker, red...also fav's of mine
Rock on Brother!!!

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 down 8 to go.. Did the Blue Ridge and the Dragon 5 years ago

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I've ridden the Million Dollar twice on my shovel head. The first time there were no guard rails and because I had a rider it was a white knuckle ride. But a bunch of fun. Now there have been a few guard rails to at least prevent the longest falls.
Another in New Mexico is the Enchanted Circle in the north.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread