OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was thinking about this after I posted it. Jeff of PA posted a picture of a girl looking away.
Some just saw the girl looking away, some saw a witch looking back. After staring at it for a while I spotted both, plus a young girl looking back. Jeff must have spent some time starring also for he too spotted all three. I couldn't find the picture or I would have posted it here.
Frank five star.png

O

Old Silver

I was thinking about this after I posted it. Jeff of PA posted a picture of a girl looking away.
Some just saw the girl looking away, some saw a witch looking back. After staring at it for a while I spotted both, plus a young girl looking back. Jeff must have spent some time starring also for he too spotted all three. I couldn't find the picture or I would have posted it here.
Frank View attachment 1095026

Do you spend a lot of time staring at pictures?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, But, sometimes what we think our mind comprehends, makes us blind to what could be seen? Depends on how the mind comprehended it!:tongue3: :laughing7:

I know those type of pictures your talking about! That is crazy how our mind tries to relate images to something else.

This could be an interesting topic! lol

Spatial reasoning?

I've seen this in posts often. Lets just say someone asks about a pink elephant? One guy has seen 100's of elephants and has never seen such a thing, Then talks down to people, because he is sure his experience is supreme. Another guy has seen 1,000's and has never seen one in his 50 years as a zoo keeper.Also thinks people are insane of even thinking such a thing. Neither of the two will ever believe a pink elephant exists? The information is there, but they are too blinded by their own beliefs in what they have seen. Another guy, no experience at all in the field of animals, has seen a pink elephant! Why? Maybe he just happened to be in the right area at the right time. Maybe, his knowledge isn't ruined by what he thinks experience is. Maybe he's on an Island or place where pink elephants are running wild by the hundreds. Sometimes, experience can close our minds! Two people with equal experience and numbers may have seen the opposite sides.

Our mind works the same way looking at pictures. It relates it to what we think we know? By a guess of what we have seen in the past or what we think experience is. Or images that we are familiar with.

This could also get into what TV,Media, schools teach us. Items or subjects that make us relate to what we've seen.

Interesting stuff!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yes, But, sometimes what we think our mind comprehends, makes us blind to what could be seen? Depends on how the mind comprehended it!:tongue3: :laughing7:

I know those type of pictures your talking about! That is crazy how our mind tries to relate images to something else.

This could be an interesting topic! lol

Spatial reasoning?

I've seen this in posts often. Lets just say someone asks about a pink elephant? One guy has seen 100's of elephants and has never seen such a thing, Then talks down to people, because he is sure his experience is supreme. Another guy has seen 1,000's and has never seen one in his 50 years as a zoo keeper.Also thinks people are insane of even thinking such a thing. Neither of the two will ever believe a pink elephant exists? The information is there, but they are too blinded by their own beliefs in what they have seen. Another guy, no experience at all in the field of animals, has seen a pink elephant! Why? Maybe he just happened to be in the right area at the right time. Maybe, his knowledge isn't ruined by what he thinks experience is. Maybe he's on an Island or place where pink elephants are running wild by the hundreds. Sometimes, experience can close our minds! Two people with equal experience and numbers may have seen the opposite sides.

Our mind works the same way looking at pictures. It relates it to what we think we know? By a guess of what we have seen in the past or what we think experience is. Or images that we are familiar with.

This could also get into what TV,Media, schools teach us. Items or subjects that make us relate to what we've seen.

Interesting stuff!

The thing is, we think in pictures. Example: I say cow. A white herford pops into my mine because I use to raise them. You might see an angus.
It's kind of a trained reaction. Conditioned by experience.

Here's a tricky picture that changes when you turn it over.
Heads down_edited-1.jpg Heads down_edited-2.jpg

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I agree, If I haven't seen a cow and now see a picture of one. My mind will fill in what it sees but doesn't know! It will relate it too the closest thing I've seen that resembles it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Do you spend a lot of time staring at pictures?

Sure, I paint and engage in photography. I thought you would have figured that out by now. Frank five star.png
079.jpg
Here's one for you, enjoy. lol

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol It is art. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle her though! It does look manly! :laughing7:

Just learned something! It was published in 1899.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lol It is art. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle her though! It does look manly! :laughing7:

Just learned something! It was published in 1899.

I sold a lot of those when I was doing the reproductions of the old posters, most from France. I printed them out on 24" x 36" 140# cold press archival paper. I had to touch them up like removing the creases, removing marks and boosting faded colors. Just one of my many past ventures. Frank five star.png
an artist's model.jpg
Moulin Rouge 700.jpg
ETC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread