Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Our Rides

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28957 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Like the Roadrunner. Mine ('69 , not '70 or '71 like the one in the pic) was "Petty Blue" and loads of fun. (not sure the side scoops was an option on 69 ... and hood was different)

Not mine, but pretty close:

Sorry, typo on my part, mine was 1970 Roadrunner, not the '69 and picture is a 1970 Roadrunner....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5640 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Sorry, typo on my part, mine was 1970 Roadrunner, not the '69 and picture is a 1970 Roadrunner....
    I've made worse typos ...

I also had the '69 GTX - almost the twin of my Roadrunner ... but with a true psychedelic paint job.

I always loved how they would rise up in the back coming off the line. Actually stretched the 50 series tires enough that you felt it. Had to put screws through the rims into the bead to keep the tire from spinning on the rims.
    Speaking of the stars: " "To whom can you liken me to make me his equal?” says the Holy One.' “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; HE calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, not one of them is missing." " --- Isaiah 40:25,26

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6614 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Our Rides

Here is my summer time only ride 2010 Wrangler with about 23,000 miles (never seen salty winter roads)

My winter beater! Lol was standard cab cummins diesel long bed last spring with around 407,000 miles

Cut in half...

Currently a extra can short bed with no rust again! Lol!

Sent from an empty soda can!
    Last edited by dieselram94; Dec 21, 2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5064 times
    Gold rings..23..Misc/gold 4...Silver/Sterling 84..FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I remember painting one of those Barracuda's, broke the back window..Ouch.
    Kemper likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5064 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    DR, Very nice Job!! You measure out the axle to axle on that job.... I don't miss that work at all! Guess I'm a Old Goat Now...
    dieselram94 likes this.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5064 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Can't remember how much it cost me back then , maybe 60 dollars in 78 but I can not imagine the price now, if you could find one... It was long and almost went to the trunk, was not suppose to remove it but had rust on the outer edges in under the trim.. so I got the ok to remove and then she cracked on the corner...I do remember painting the Cuda Black, I see yours has the gold strip, seems I did the one in White...
    After each paint job they would pay up and part of the bill was to do a me a little burn out, since most were younger many would out do themselves. Can remember the cuda burn out I do remember a 67 mustang, 427, or 428..Holman Moddy car....Wow, what a smoker...painted it that slim green color, but it was metallic at least..

us
    Jul 2013
    Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
    1315 times
    [QUOTE=Oregon Viking;4309923]Sorry bro! My mistake. The '69 'stang GT was available with a 390...

Yeah and the 1969 Mach 1's and Bosses all had option for a 428 cobra engine. Not a lot were sold.
    Last edited by Helix; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM.

us
    Nov 2013
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
    1460 times
    Metal Detecting
    I wish I had some pictures of a car a friend of mine built. He took a 350 Chevy engine, milled the heads at an angle. He had a 14.? to 1 compression ratio. He put that monster into a little Maverick. It wouldn't stand the torque, of course. He had to reinforce a lot of the frame and such before he could 'put his foot in it'. He worked at a specialty auto repair shop. They specialized in beefing up the engines, trannies, and bodies for hotrods. He was a whiz at beefing up the computers for more power and/or mileage. The last I saw him, the engine was on an engine stand. He said he was through with the Maverick, and was looking for a different body for the engine. He had several trophies from several different drag strips with the little Maverick. He was always looking for something different; something that no one else had tried.
    releventchair likes this.

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6614 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by texasred777 View Post
    I wish I had some pictures of a car a friend of mine built. He took a 350 Chevy engine, milled the heads at an angle. He had a 14.? to 1 compression ratio. He put that monster into a little Maverick. It wouldn't stand the torque, of course. He had to reinforce a lot of the frame and such before he could 'put his foot in it'. He worked at a specialty auto repair shop. They specialized in beefing up the engines, trannies, and bodies for hotrods. He was a whiz at beefing up the computers for more power and/or mileage. The last I saw him, the engine was on an engine stand. He said he was through with the Maverick, and was looking for a different body for the engine. He had several trophies from several different drag strips with the little Maverick. He was always looking for something different; something that no one else had tried.
    That's the best part, building something no one else has. Back in high school I had a 1974 Datsun 620 pick up lil hustler edition with a 4x4 conversion using a dana 30 front axle, Dana 18 transfer case with a divorce kit. And using a early '80s five speed transmission, stock rear end and stock l20b four cylinder. These trucks were only offered in two wheel drive. I wish I never sold it...
    Similar to this one...

Sent from an empty soda can!
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3087 times
    I'll play.. Various stuff I've owned and built from scratch other than the Monte SS. That was pretty nice when I bought it. The Blue 67 Camaro is my current ride. 355 smallblock built to Nascar late model specs, Muncie 4 speed, 12 bolt rear, 4 wheel disc brakes with WIlwood Aluminum calipers, etc. The engine in the Camaro is actually the spare from the Yellow & Orange Late Model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0873.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	1096109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro-stock  left side.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	1096110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010006.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	1096111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87 monte ss.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1096112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my 69 z28.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	1096113  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0668.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	1096114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010072_2.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	568.2 KB 
ID:	1096115  
    Live Free or Die

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    10890 times
    Is the Monte Carlo SS stock? How about the T/A?
    Cool rides!
    I had a '75 factory V8 Monza....no pics though.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Viking View Post
    Is the Monte Carlo SS stock? How about the T/A?
    Cool rides!
    I had a '75 factory V8 Monza....no pics though.
    The Monte was all stock. The TA was the wife's car. It's gone & so is she... lol
    Live Free or Die

us
    Nov 2013
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
    1460 times
    Metal Detecting
    Speaking of building something different from others, in 1961, I worked with a guy that had a little 1954 6-cylinder Ford. He did just about everything that could be done to an engine at that time. No blower or such, but had best pistons, rods, cam, etc. that could be had at that time. It was 'hot' for a 6 cylinder! He later traded it in on a new 'Vet.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2464 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Not your father's Rambler. Sideways all the time -

Name:	IMG_0658 [640x480] (1).JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	1100174  
    Last edited by fistfulladirt; Jan 01, 2015 at 06:30 AM.
    worldtalker, Kemper and Chadeaux like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    18377 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    My ride in 72...289 HiPo...Strange seeing the drive shaft laying in the road after slamming 2nd one day.

GOD Bless

Chris

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	1100177  
    dieselram94, Kemper and Chadeaux like this.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM ?

Anger is what keeps you emotionally lost in your head and blind to reality.

A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it.

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links