Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not A Challenge, I'm Just CONFUSED ...

A discussion economics, business and self employment - without discussion of politics - is political?

If I need to be chastised, please do so --- and you can do it publicly (in fact I would prefer it that way), but I am apparently missing something.

I did see the word NAFTA mentioned but not one single reference to politics in the comment, simply an observation of the results.

"Cost to sales ratio", could that be the culprit?

"Mining"?

"Starting a business"?

I'm just REALLY TRUTHFULLY CONFUSED.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm like you Chadeaux. I'm a little confused at times about the way the mods/admins decide on what's political and what's not. I wonder if there's an actual policy or if it's up to whom ever sees the post and decides on their own whether it's political or not. I'm about as confused also about 'religion'.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching this thread for reply, very interested also.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe its whatever mods sees it chooses. But there should be some definition that should be followed. As in a mod sees something he/she disagrees with then the post gets deleted. On the other hand if he/she agrees with topic that's outside the rules the offending part gets edited out and the post remains. Mods are people to, its hard to put their personal feelings aside and remain neutral and not biased.
This may even get deleted, even though nothing I've said is a attack, but its a people thing, somebody's feelings will inadvertantly get hurt.

BC

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re-read the thread I asked about and still as confused as ever because things much more political have been posted in the general forums by other members and nothing is said.

What is the standard for determining what is and isn't political?

Trying to steer clear of an ever moving and often invisible obstacle is pretty tough folks.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re-read the thread I asked about and still as confused as ever because things much more political have been posted in the general forums by other members and nothing is said.

What is the standard for determining what is and isn't political?

Trying to steer clear of an ever moving and often invisible obstacle is pretty tough folks.

Here's what I see, my friend. It is shades of a forum that was deleted here. We have a small but very vocal minority here that will claim to be "offended" by something that is posted. So they report it and in response the thread is either locked or deleted. So once again, we have a certain few who are playing the system in order to get their way and many will bow to them in the name of "correctness".

So once again, people are kowtowing to those whose "claim they were offended" and offending many others in order to try to keep the peace. This is why I no longer have a charter membership. They chose to bow to a few and I chose no to spend my money with those who "offended" me. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Just like the advertisements here. If you click on one, it comes up as a direct link from this site. And this site gets a stipend for it. So if I see something interesting, I just pull it up on Bing and cut out the direct link, hence the stipend also. Funny how that works. isn't it?

Actions have consequences.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No ill will on my part, best wishes to you and yours! Nothing serious until the end of my statements below. I love to laugh and point at the PC Police.

Here's what I see, my friend. It is shades of a forum that was deleted here. We have a small but very vocal minority here that will claim to be "offended" by something that is posted. So they report it and in response the thread is either locked or deleted. So once again, we have a certain few who are playing the system in order to get their way and many will bow to them in the name of "correctness".

I hope you're kidding. I'm the world's champion at reporting other. As the mod wrote me: "Of all the members here you hit the report button more than anyone."

I liked it, so I keep a copy of that PM on my server --- "I read it on the internet so it must be true!"

Are you insinuating that someone is trying to take my crown? :laughing7:

Basically, that would mean that someone else has started reporting ... only take a few to surpass me.

I've been sent to banned camp more times than I've reported anyone, so I must have been the only one reporting.

Actually, brother, it is the result of cowardice.

Folks afraid to say the truth.

Folks afraid to read the truth.

Folks afraid because they know it is truth.

The truth is there was no politics in the thread. PERIOD! It was about inflation and economics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just like the advertisements here. If you click on one, it comes up as a direct link from this site. And this site gets a stipend for it. So if I see something interesting, I just pull it up on Bing and cut out the direct link, hence the stipend also. Funny how that works. isn't it?

Actions have consequences.

Haven't seen an ad on this site in years.

I've learned so much here!

I sent all the ads to banned camp.

Firefox browser with Adblock Plus, Adblock Edge, and NoScript.

ALL advertisements GONE F O R E V E R ! ! !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions