America A R M E D Favorite Gun

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
ivan salis said:
cut down to #4 buck or even #4 turkey load at close range its bad news without blowing thru the walls or if you can get them "flechette rounds" or as some call em "shredders"-- a whole bunch of like tiny little razor blade bits---ugly---just ugly--real ugly---but then again your not trying to make freinds with him now are you? if you just want him down and out , period ---then their just the ticket.

#2 birdshot should be sufficient with about 90 pellets without much wall penetration. If wall penetration is overly concerning to you, then by all means make the 1st load a 2 3/4" #6 birdshot and the 2nd round a bit more powerful. Except at extreme close range, the smaller shot #6 and smaller probably won't penetrate far enough (minimum depth needed is 6") to do a lot of damage to the major organs or major blood vessels especially if the bad guy is hyped up.
Forget those exotic rounds like fleshettes which you can't get enough into a shotgun shell to really be effective. The same goes for rock salt, that's used by people who believe in capital punishment-as long as it's not too severe.

If using a handgun, always shoot twice (also known as double tapping) and above all practice, practice, practice. Don't worry about hitting your target at 15 to 25 yards. Practice at the 3 to 7 yard range. One final reminder----there is No 2nd Place Winner!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
half way between #2 bird and #6 bird is #4 turkey "plated" load---my dream "light" load---good pen but not too much (like going thru walls)--- big nuff and tuff nuff to punch through a leather jacket---plus if ya turkey hunt you already got them on hand most likely. lots of pellets = lots of holes--- for a heavy house load its #4 buck -3 in 12 ga-(27 pellets .30 cal dia.) ouch !!!---for pure stopping power hard to beat a 12 ga slug however--- Just my 2 bits Ivan

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GunFarce said:
My business is right next to my house, and up in the top left corner of the door (you would only look there if you were looking for alarm trips) is a little sign that says..
"My Home and Business are protected by the fine products of Smith & Wesson. There is NOTHING on this Property worth your life"..
Even the local cops like it ;D

I remember seeing one sign on a business that read something like this "This place is guarded by Smith and Wesson 3 nights a week.....You Pick the Nights...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread