Your thoughts...

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You do what you want with your scalp, and don't be tellin' us what to do with ours"....Hawkeye, " Last of the Mohican's"

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Crispin,

I remember reading this back when I was a kid....it must have made an impact because it's still a big part of my philosophy.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...=desiderata&tnr=21&vid=E45CA1D6E9573EC4AE54E4

For the slow readers>>>>>
Frank:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Desiderata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Deserata-1692.jpg
F
F

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
*****************************************************Quien Sabe ? ********************************
Frank five star.png
_Hay in sky.jpg

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
"Stormed at with shot and shell, Gladly they rode and fell, into the Valley of Death rode the 600!"

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
"Stormed at with shot and shell, Gladly they rode and fell, into the Valley of Death rode the 600!"

Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am the biggest SOB in there. Frank five star.png

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If I have the means,
I have the way!
Frank five star.png
Blue 1212-1.jpg That's because I look out for him!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin, not sure this is what you looked for, but after last years ordeal, this really made me think.....

"Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the sawgrass marsh you know.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
Of quietbirds in flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die."
Anonymous

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
--- Water water every where, and all the boards did shrink, water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink.
:From the rhyme of the ancient mariner. As he stood on the deck in the tropical doldrums.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn, hadn't thought about the 'Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner' in a long while. Yes, water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink. In 12th grade literature, I recited, I believe it was 600 lines of that poem for the teacher. I came to class on the morning of our mid term exam, about 5 minutes before the final bell rang to end the class. My desk was sitting next to the teacher's desk. She told me to just sit there until after the bell rang. When the bell rang and I got up to leave class, she told me to come to her classroom after school ended that day.
She told me that because she knew my parents well and because I smelled like a wino when I entered class that morning, I would have to take the exam I had missed that morning, do 4 book reports, and memorize 600 lines of any poem I liked. If I did all that and passed my exam, she would give me a passing grade. If I didn't, she would inform my parents that I had came to her class drunk. Well, I got the passing grade.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I had to memorize that whole poem to pass. I still remember a lot of it. Don't kill the bird! lol Frank
NOONTIME GLIDE 4X6 CARD.jpg Not the same bird.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop, I think that depends on whether you're talking about strength in a physical or mental connotation. My thoughts are that power is the spiritual believes that determine how we approach everyday life, Native Americans believe that they gained the power from their spirit beings and guardians, and that strength is the way thatwe deal with our lives....in this context I believe that both are equally important. Almost anyone has the strength to do a pull up or push up, but not everyone has the power of the mind to determine the answers to their life problems....Gary

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin, not sure this is what you looked for, but after last years ordeal, this really made me think.....

"Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the sawgrass marsh you know.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
Of quietbirds in flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die."
Anonymous

Aww, my friend, rarely can I say that "I know how you feel." However, I know how you feel.
1/2014 diffuse pneumonitis in both lungs never healed.
5/2014 diffuse pneumonia that whited out the entire left lung.
10/2014 right upper and middle lobe pneumonia.

That last one broke my spirit...ain't ashamed.

"There is a destiny that makes us brothers,
None goes his way alone,
All that we send into the lives of others,
Comes back into our own.

I care not for his temples or his creeds,
Because one thing holds firm and fast.
That into his faithful heap of days and deeds,
The soul of a man is cast."

Crispin

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Illegitimi non carborundum seems to fit, what with ISIS burning and beheading. I hear someone hollering "Allah Akabar," he better be able to run faster than 1400 feet per second.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisp,

Glad to finally hear some more from you, and glad that we both are slowly healing. It's these life challenges that make us stronger, and when that alternative appears at the doorstep, and we beat it away....."how sweet it is!" Be well my friend....Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread