worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What therefore shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

GOD Bless and keep you safe.

Chris

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are the Captain of our own ships, if we all concentrate on taking care of our own, then together all will be well!

Another historical outlook would be...." Don't tread on me"

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We the willing.. Lead by the unknowing... Are doing the impossible... for the ungrateful... We have been doing.... so much... for so long... with so little... that we are now qualified to do anything.... with nothing.

My mother handed me this note just before I left for basic training back in 1977.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Colorado...? YIKES!

Maybe for some Reb..
I refer to the minds eye;with cells twinkling then fading causing an opaqueness hazing it's view.
Combined with the haze of approaching life's winter; not always due to age per say but a time resulting from biology and environment and physical experience to the brain,from nurturing to trauma.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just after I read this thread, I saw an ad for an article that relates to my thoughts......

The man who lives without money - World Observer Online

This guy is living the way I have lived (and still want to live) and uses a quote from Gandhi.

Just recently, I have found out that I'm in a documentary about a squatting community living off the land in B.C. and I also use a Gandhi quote.

Here's a trailer of the film. I'm there at 9 seconds in; I'm in my early 20's (almost 20 years ago) and the quote I use pretty much sums up my life.

I totally forgot about the guy going around interviewing us in the mid 1990's! I now own a copy of the documentary (I appear on it about 4 or 5 times) and apparently it aired on a few television stations back in the late 2000's.

So, do I get bonus points for quoting a quote from a movie (Gandhi) on a documentary, which I quote now?

"Live simply so others may simply live."

Peace.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Good stuff all! I really enjoyed reading the responses. Amazing how much empathy one can pick up through the computer when they try to understand. I really got to give Worldtalker credit, "If God is for us, who is against us?" Powerful, resonates to the core. I'm going to use that one in my practice. I think I will place it ahead of "Control your emotions or somebody else will." Some people have a hard time getting the point of that one. But this one hits home and hits hard! It doesn't single out or disrespect anybody. Had some more thoughts if anybody is kind enough to share. Current world events have me thinking...I know I'm not the only one...

"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

PS. MuddyHandz gets the bonus points award.
PPs. Still awarding extra points for movie quotes, anybody who quotes from Braveheart or The Patriot loses points. I strongly dislike Mel Gibson.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once heard an acquaintance, that was a lot older than me, say that he was 'In the late afternoon of life'. I now know what he felt and meant.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff all! I really enjoyed reading the responses. Amazing how much empathy one can pick up through the computer when they try to understand. I really got to give Worldtalker credit, "If God is for us, who is against us?" Powerful, resonates to the core. I'm going to use that one in my practice. I think I will place it ahead of "Control your emotions or somebody else will." Some people have a hard time getting the point of that one. But this one hits home and hits hard! It doesn't single out or disrespect anybody. Had some more thoughts if anybody is kind enough to share. Current world events have me thinking...I know I'm not the only one...

"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin

PS. MuddyHandz gets the bonus points award.
PPs. Still awarding extra points for movie quotes, anybody who quotes from Braveheart or The Patriot loses points. I strongly dislike Mel Gibson.

LOL he gets credit for that? It's from the Bible for petes sake!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread