Common sense...where does it come from??

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I do know one thing..public education can 'learn' it out of you!

GOD Bless

Chris

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, to ME, "common sense" is "Situation Specific"... AND! COGNITIVE ABILITY to understand; HENCE! I had a neighbor, who was an adult with intellectual disability (Autism)... Tree leaves everywhere. SHE began to rake the leaves (THAT was HER "common sense")... HOWEVER! It was ALSO a very windy day, so leaves would be blown back PASS, where SHE raked; MY "COMMON SENSE" IS THAT we DON'T rake leaves on a windy day... SO!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the absence of Common Sense??
I have heard people ask others who have been injured or caused injury,, "How could you be so ignorant? "
There have also been statements like,, "Boy,, that was dum!" or "I'll never do that again."
So why is it that some people instinctively know how to react to situations while others continue to have problems with what seems like the simplest of life's challenges?
Well,, it's going to rain today, (really heavy rain), and I have to go out to get things done. You think I should carry an umbrella? I heard it said that "A dog wouldn't get caught out in that rain " You think dogs have more SENSE than humans?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the absence of Common Sense??
I have heard people ask others who have been injured or caused injury,, "How could you be so ignorant? "
There have also been statements like,, "Boy,, that was dum!" or "I'll never do that again."
So why is it that some people instinctively know how to react to situations while others continue to have problems with what seems like the simplest of life's challenges?
Well,, it's going to rain today, (really heavy rain), and I have to go out to get things done. You think I should carry an umbrella? I heard it said that "A dog wouldn't get caught out in that rain " You think dogs have more SENSE than humans?

The body is in the moment,the mind is elsewhere...accident anyone??

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it, everybody has the ability to reason. It is what separates us from the other animals. But, like a muscle, the brain needs to exercised or aytrophy sets in.

The ability to reason is important because everything happens for a reason. It does not have to be a "good" reason, but nothing happens purely accidentally. Knowing why things happen happen is important to a person's outcomes in life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread