Primary Interest:
Other

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James Clyman, the Rocky Mtn. Free Trapper said it best...."Friends are great, everyone should have some, but when it gets right down to it, you have only to depend on yourself....".......Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow... I thought I was the only one who did this. When I, myself clean up the kitchen mess I do it totally... I wash, dry, put everything up, clean sink, clean stove top, clean counters, change out towels, and make coffee for tomorrow morning. When I say I'm done.. it's DONE!!!

I always told my kids growing up... If your going to do something do it with pride. Meaning... LOOK FOR SOMTHING WRONG WHEN YOUR DONE.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean as I cook, i also started using paper plates and bowls for every day eating, less dishes to wash.....

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... I thought I was the only one who did this. When I, myself clean up the kitchen mess I do it totally... I wash, dry, put everything up, clean sink, clean stove top, clean counters, change out towels, and make coffee for tomorrow morning. When I say I'm done.. it's DONE!!!

I always told my kids growing up... If your going to do something do it with pride. Meaning... LOOK FOR SOMTHING WRONG WHEN YOUR DONE.

I picked that up in the Navy long ago....Use it..Clean it..PUT IT BACK.:laughing7:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to tell that to my wife..I just get funny looks...maybe because I never use the " I " part

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really thou, I could live with 1 pot and I pan and a few dishes..why I have 3 sets of each jammed in the cabinets ..still puzzles me. It's not really a good thin having a full sink of dirty dishes and plenty still in the cabinets

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
really thou, I could live with 1 pot and I pan and a few dishes..why I have 3 sets of each jammed in the cabinets ..still puzzles me. It's not really a good thin having a full sink of dirty dishes and plenty still in the cabinets

You would not believe the stuff my Wife has..me,like you..one fork..one spoon..one knife..one cup..one plate and.....a long sleeve shirt.:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I clean as I cook, i also started using paper plates and bowls for every day eating, less dishes to wash.....

That's exactly what I do also TH. I'm even wiping down the stove while I'm cooking.

But if you came down to my workshop you'd wonder how in the hell I can find ANYTHING! Just the way I like it... :laughing7:

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean up after myself whatever I do,exp....I cook..I clean pots,pans,utensils...when I'm done no mess to clean.

Just think....if everyone did that...then there'd be nothing to do.

Don't get dependent on someone doing it for you...clean your own mess!!

I know this struck a chord somewhere.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Yeah, we started doing that, too.

But if I'm gonna be prepping and cooking several things for a long stretch of KP, I leave a bowl of hot suds in the sink and toss items in the suds as I go.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I now think the MORE you can get the other guy to do then the less you have to..!!! I'm still waiting on the "other guy" in the woodshop.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what I do also TH. I'm even wiping down the stove while I'm cooking.

But if you came down to my workshop you'd wonder how in the hell I can find ANYTHING! Just the way I like it... :laughing7:

Bet you can find anything too! Lord forbid someone else comes along and tries to clean up the workbench! That's almost a divorcing offence!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet you can find anything too! Lord forbid someone else comes along and tries to clean up the workbench! That's almost a divorcing offence!

Damn RIGHT!!!! I can remember every drill bit where I last removed and laid down from chuck and where the next is... amazing dance...! And this is with 6-12 inches of planner shaving all over island. Guess ya got to be me.... EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!!!! :occasion14:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

I'm like you but meanwhile we have a high end china set which we haven't used for years with gold leaf trim around the edge.

Another set for semi formal occasions and a mismatched set for everyday use....that's not counting a china cabinet full of crystal glass of every shape and size.

Regards + HH

Bill

You would not believe the stuff my Wife has..me,like you..one fork..one spoon..one knife..one cup..one plate and.....a long sleeve shirt.:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like a good idea for a thread.....show us your workbench.....

Gold Maven... IF your requesting to see my workbench... NOT A PROBLEM. In fact... if this is the request tomorrow was the day I was going to bite the bullet and start a bonfire with a ton of scrape. But I'll take a few photos of my workbench / island.

And I agree this would / should be a good thread. But on the flip side this would NOT be an example on how to run "your shop"... Come on, it takes a LOT of experience to do this dis-organization and stay "organized".

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before my son and I moved in with my daughter, her husband, and her son, we lived in a two bedroom mobile home, in an RV park. Not the kind you park in space, but large lots with mobile homes permanently anchored and the yards fenced. Anyway, when I cooked, I had most of the mess cleaned by the time I was through with the cooking. We used paper plates a lot. I washed the dishes, my son dried them and put them away. He didn't like washing dishes, I didn't like taking out the trash. So I washed, he toted the trash. lol
I worked over ten years for a Gulf Distributor during the 60s and 70s. His desk always looked like someone had been stacking papers in piles for years. Actually, that's what he had done. There were about 7 or 8 stacks of them.
Once when he and his wife made a trip to England, the secretary decided it was a good time to clean and straighten his desk. She almost got fired when he returned. Seriously, you could ask him about some letter or info about something, and he could reach into a stack of papers that were about 12 to 14 inches high, thumb through 4 or 5 pages, and have it in his hand. What a memory of where he put something months ago! Never saw him take more that moment or two to find something.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn RIGHT!!!! I can remember every drill bit where I last removed and laid down from chuck and where the next is... amazing dance...! And this is with 6-12 inches of planner shaving all over island. Guess ya got to be me.... EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!!!! :occasion14:
Excuse me sir! Let's use the correct terminology! That is not planer shavings. It is décor or more commonly referred to as sound deadening material, or spilled coffee / beer absorbent.

I thought that little spot on the bench next to the drill press was the drill index...:icon_scratch::tongue3:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
people who tidy up the pots and pans and plates and stuff right after use --generally do not need a whole bunch of pots and pans and plates and such , that's for slobs who pile up dishes into a huge unwashed mess

there are people who are neat and tidy --and then there is the other 90% of the population..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread