Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Untitled.jpg

Mardi Gras Parade & Streetcar Cam

Mardi Gras Parade Cam - NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

EarthCam New ORLEANS

EarthCam - Mardi Gras Cams

Bourbon Street Live Webcam

Live Street View From Tropical Isle at Bourbon Street & Orleans Ave.

721 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA

*Some Images May Not be Suitable for those Under 18 .
Girls will be Girls !

Bourbon Street Live Webcam | Tropical Isle at Bourbon St & Orleans Ave

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Now when am I suppose to sleep ? I did already see something unusual. A guy actually put a piece of trash in the trash can. That was pretty spectacular but I got a feeling I ain't seen nothing yet.

trash in the trash can ? How original :notworthy:
must have been an attempt at starting a New Mardi Gras event :headbang:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do I feel hungover watching?

The tradition of throwing trinkets to the crowds during Mardi Gras parades was initiated in the early 1870s by the Twelfth Night Revelers and has become a time-honored expectation. In 1884, the Krewe of Rex threw the first medallions (silver-dollar-sized commemorative coins later called doubloons) instead of the customary trinkets. Today's doubloons are usually aluminum and anodized in a variety of colors, depicting the parade theme on one side and the emblem of the particular Krewe on the other. Many of these doubloons later become collectors' items. Early medallions were much heavier than those minted today and were usually awarded only as ball favors. The custom of throwing trinkets from floats and from the balconies of the city is one of the older traditions in New Orleans and began one year when the parade featured Santa Klaus aboard a float, dispensing small trinkets to the watching children. Other popular throws include long strings of pearlized beads and plastic cups bearing the emblems of the Krewes. The traditional cry of parade-goers who are pleading for throws is: "Throw me something, Mister!"

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do I feel hungover watching?

The tradition of throwing trinkets to the crowds during Mardi Gras parades was initiated in the early 1870s by the Twelfth Night Revelers and has become a time-honored expectation. In 1884, the Krewe of Rex threw the first medallions (silver-dollar-sized commemorative coins later called doubloons) instead of the customary trinkets. Today's doubloons are usually aluminum and anodized in a variety of colors, depicting the parade theme on one side and the emblem of the particular Krewe on the other. Many of these doubloons later become collectors' items. Early medallions were much heavier than those minted today and were usually awarded only as ball favors. The custom of throwing trinkets from floats and from the balconies of the city is one of the older traditions in New Orleans and began one year when the parade featured Santa Klaus aboard a float, dispensing small trinkets to the watching children. Other popular throws include long strings of pearlized beads and plastic cups bearing the emblems of the Krewes. The traditional cry of parade-goers who are pleading for throws is: "Throw me something, Mister!"

I see some of the people carry bags & will stand there wanting More & More.
By the time they get all the way up Bourbon they must have Bags full of trinkets.
I wonder if they turn around & EBay em :tongue3:

View attachment 1120664

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMM Jello Shots on the Balcony :laughing7:

I wonder if any get Dropped

Untitled.jpg Untitled.jpg

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Yea, Thanks for the Info!! Tomorrow is the Big Day, but it's going to be COLD!! Great Fun!! I had the opportunity to be King several years ago!! What a Hoot!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions