Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
The treasure of Crispin's Critters....

I have amassed a treasure chest of silver and gold coins and placed it in an antique bronze chest. I had a captain by the name of GIB sail me out to an unnamed island in the Gulf of Mexico where we buried it. It can be found with a metal detector but is not visible to the human eye. It is not a vast sum but it does hold 10,000 dollars in current market gold and silver. To find it you must decipher this poem,

Out of the darkness that covers me,
Rising up from the darkness from pole to pole,
I have buried a treasure less then a foot deep,
To be found by any imaginable soul.

Start where warm waters join in the gulf,
Stay within fortresses joined of arms.
Sail beyond the sight of land,
But do not sail beyond the sunset.

Look for the blaze, on an island bare,
Access by neap not ebb.
From end to end you will walk at least a mile,
Where my treasure lies will bring a smile.

When you see the sun in afternoon,
There will be no shadow cast upon the sand,
As it passes, look down, and there you will stand,
Upon a treasure of silver and gold.

Do not gape or gasp at what you behold,
Know that you have labored hard and found my booty,
Take it, post it, and it all be known.
You hold my treasure of silver and gold!

It is out there folks. I have documented evidence and photos. This is the real deal. Brought to you for the first time on treasure net. Good luck...you must be strong of arm and bright of mind to find it.

Crispin
Ps. Special thanks to Captain GIB. Without him, none of this would be possible.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and just who is gonna sail out of sight of land?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for asking JG. I understand that most people don't have access to sail beyond sight of land. However here is hint clue #2: "There and back again." by Bilb0 Baggins. You can go there and back again in one day.

GIB is currently chartering his vessel out of the gulf for a nominal fee a day.

Now I know what you are all thinking. GIB was there when there when I buried the treasure. Why would he lead us to it? Very simple my friends. GIB and I sailed beyond the Sunset until we were thoroughly lost. We happened upon an island buried our treasure. Used our GPS to snap the lat and long and then I put it in my pocket. GIB never saw the lat or the long. I took the coordinates and locked it away in a safety deposit box. GIB that sailed in the general direction of land with a compass.

That is the genius of it my friends! GIB can bring you there but he doesn't know. I don't even know myself the exact location. Well...maybe I memorized it. But...memory can be faulty. My advice to all you on how to find it is hire GIB for the day and either let him give you his best guess or pick your own coordinates. For a nominal fee you get a day on the Gulf, metal detect places very few have ever been to, and possibly dig up my treasure. This is the REAL DEAL. Even if you don't find the treasure you still come home with a great day at sea and whatever treasure you found where you stopped. Death Beach is a hop, skip, and a jump. If you want to dig up crematorium tags and other things unearthed by the last hurricane then he can take you there first. However, I can tell you right now the treasure is miles away from that.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I would sail with a captain that sailed into the sunset and became thoroughly lost. Just sayin' :) Nice to see you on here Cris!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, he told me he was thoroughly lost... but I'm not quite sure that he was. My only major concern is that a hurricane will shift it and then it really will be lost. We'll probably sail out and dig it up if a big hurricane starts heading for the gulf.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrrggghhh ahoy matey!

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So when captain GIB makes 50 grand on charting his dingy to an island he lost ..that person will find your 10 grand?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So when captain GIB makes 50 grand on charting his dingy to an island he lost ..that person will find your 10 grand?

LOL! Hold on a second there Fly Boy. Captain GIB does not sail a dingy. His vessel is a marvel to behold! Besides, if it was a dingy how far out could we safely go? I'm crazy...but not stupid. I heard that Captain GIB is giving discounts to TNET members.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what captain GIB would charge to sail to Oregon? And then back... then repeat.:laughing7:
I'm right on the coast if that helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread