Girlfriend

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abbey's onto you son.....................er, boy. White gold is like a new car, as soon as you walk out of the store it loses half its value. If you want to decorate something, wait til Christmas. If you get her something fancy for 2 months, then you'll have to get her something better for 6 months. Then twice as good as that if you make it to a year. Does she like to fish?................just a thought. At your age, girls are a dime a dozen and your going to turn it into $2400 a dozen. Don't do it!

S

stefen

The test of time is actually 9 months...

Thats when you fish or cut bait!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to spend $2 :P :P on someone you've dated for ONLY two months, I'd suggest spending it little by little over the summer on simple, thoughtful things that she won't expect. If it's meant to be, you'll both know in short time. . . if it's not, you'll have money in your pocket for round two when you get back to school in the fall 8)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
I am a girl and I would like to say yes you should get her something but make it small and thoughtful not expensive. Maybe a necklace or take her out somewhere you both will enjoy and give her flowers and a card. After being married 9 yrs I don't even get something that is $200.

Well, you just spent two hundred bucks kid, look above. LOL.

Buy her something. Take her out to eat. Maybe a necklace. Flowers. Card.

That's four items right there.

Pick one of those and let it go. 14 and 15. By the end of summer you'll have a new girlfriend anyway.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
...Cannot count the times that I did not
have time to cash my check or had to
buy an iron lung for my Mom. ...
SHERMANVILLE

Reskinsrock,
As I shake my head I am going to give you a piece of advice. DON'T spend that much! If you do that she will expect it ALL the time, and will get mad if she doesn't get it. She might even get mad if you don't outdo it the next time around. Then she will start calling you cheap. DON'T DO IT. Trust me. If you want to take her someplace, take her to a sit down place (Fridays, Applebees, Unos, Olive Garden etc) and a movie. You don't need to spend two Benjamins to do it. You can do 10-15 bucks a plate for dinner, 5 bucks for desert and 15 a peice for a movie. That's 60-70 bucks. Put the other 130-140 in the bank for college. Once you have an education and a high paying job, then worry about paying for 50 dollar dinners.

Sherm,
Are you serious? An iron lung? Wasn't that one of the treatments for polio? Poor soul. The treatment for that accursed disease were aweful. My g-pa had it when he was 5 or 6. I don't know if they put him in the iron lung or not but they did have him in a body cast. His sister still denies to this day that he had polio but he admitted to my mother that he had it. Although it wasn't a primary COD I think it was secondary...75 years after he had it! The docs said his lungs were the size of a toddlers, and he was 80! They said the stunted growth in his lungs was due to him having polio. They say it stunted their growth and they never recovered.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Boy, you sure got your fair share of advice, did'nt you?

I have a daughter your age, so here is my suggestion. Take your girlfrined to lunch and go see a good movie. Save your $200 and build on it so you can buy yourself a car when you are old enough to drive.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestion, I would meet her at her door with a single red rose, take her out to dinner to a nice, reasonable restaurant, not expensive, just nice, then to a movie.

Give her attention, make her laugh, make her smile, you want to show that you enjoy her company and you care, not that you are trying to buy her affection.

If that is not enough, then my friend take my advice and go find one who will appreciate it. When you find one who does, you will have found a real "TREASURE". SHE is the one you want to spoil !!!!!

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Well,

Two months....HMMM....being a lady and over 18, I would say....that you should write her a poem or something like...name a star after her??? That would let her know that at least you remembered the two months anniversary AND that you thought enough of her to remember it!

I'm assuming that you young'uns are going to be chauffeured and/or hoping that you will be chaperoned if you do go to the movies, etc., so since that's the norm, then do something out of the norm that is inexpensive, but classy! Even if you do break up tomorrow, you can bet that she'll remember something classy better than something expensive!

And, if you think you're old enough for other "endeavors", then please remember that she isn't. She is a year younger than you!

Good grief!
Good luck!

Let us know how it goes!
Cavers5

M

manuelrodriguez

reskinsrock said:
Me and my girlfriend have been going out for two months this saturday. I was wondering if i should get her anything and if so, what? Remember I'm only 15 and she's 14, so keep the price within, lets say 200$. I'm interested to hear what the ladies will all say.

calm down dude! be yourself! money is nothing, just take her out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread