try 20 bucks 200 is stupid
take her out to eat and get her a cheap silver ring
side note im not a lady

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
I agree with troy. No offense dude, but your kind of young for 200 bucks. Id save that for a car or something. Im sure thats not what you want to hear, so get her an ACE 250 Detector @ detection.com. 212 dollars. It comes with five free gifts. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a girl and I would like to say yes you should get her something but make it small and thoughtful not expensive. Maybe a necklace or take her out somewhere you both will enjoy and give her flowers and a card. After being married 9 yrs I don't even get something that is $200.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Dude,

If you have to spend money to impress someone, its probably not meant to be.

Anniversaries happen in years, not days, weeks or months.

Treat it like any other date or go buy her a rose at Walmart if you have to.

Ask her what she wants to do and if its more than about $20-$30 with popcorn and she needs to pay her half.

Heck, she is 14, you're 15. If she doesn't like you for a friend...dump her.

Go ride bikes, take a walk in the park and push her on the swing like real people do.

Being together and doing things together is what you should be doing. Never go into any relationship acting like money grows on trees or you'll always be broke.

Be kids until you're about 18, then spend money on the prom.

Burt

OP
OP
R

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
Not to be rude or anything but wow you guys are cheap, I have always spoiled my girlfriends. 20 bucks won't even buy a silver ring! Besides, I have always liked my girls to wear white gold. It looks better. It doesn't have to be $200 but thats the money that I have out of the bank right now, because once my money goes in the bank it doesn't come out. You still haven't given me any ideas.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so then y ask dork...............

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Two months, and all your spending is $200
bucks.

Is that a long time for you to be with one
girlfriend?

Not to be rude or anything, but could be that
after two months they realize how cheap you
are.

$200 bucks, not even going to suggest anything.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
R

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
Hey Hey no need to get mad at me, its just that i am in a bit of a pickle and thought that i would ask some of the wiser individuals with more experience in the area. sorry EDDEKALB if i came off rude.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
reskinsrock,

just do something different.

Do you ever go out to lunch together?
A nice lunch, spend 15-20 bucks.

$200 is out of the question.

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
R

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
i usually take her to the batting cage, or bowling, or to the movies (spidey 3 was great) or just to the beach. Try and do something every weekend. Of course she's not allowed to pay for anything. That is a rule that runs in my family, if she has to pay she is too good for you. It been ingrained.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Better yet,

just say thanks for the two months.
Anyone can spend money. ;)

"if she has to pay she is too good for you."
Yes, yes, yes, I always looked for the ones
that would pay.

They were all too good for me ;D
Poor things.

Cannot count the times that I did not
have time to cash my check or had to
buy an iron lung for my Mom. ;D
Always seemed to be short of cash ;)

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Wiser folks told you what they would do. Just remember that everyone is different. They aren't being cheap.... they are being sensible.
If you want to spoil your two month old girlfriend then have at it. Find out what jewelry she likes the most and buy that for her in white gold. Then "take her out" to eat and give the jewelry to her.

Knowing what I know now I would "take her out" somewhere halfway nice and save the rest of the money..... especially only after two months into a school "relationship."

Good luck with whatever you decide.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i agree with the others. for two months $200 is way to steep! save the $200 gift for when you know she`ll be around for a while. two months isnt even enough time to really get to know someone. hell, for the first year or so you are both still trying to impress each other! ;D wait and see if you still like her after the mrs. nice guy routine wears off...........then drop the moolah! ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
If one of my daughters came home with a 200.00 gift after two months of dating.....1# She would be giving it back....2# I would think something is seriously wrong with the guy who thought he had to impress her with an expensive gift....and 3# You both are two young to be getting that serious about each other.
Seriously dude, if a guy even did that to me now I would not be happy. Be unique...suprise her with the little things because in the end thats all that counts....write her a song or a poem....talk to her ....dream with her and laugh ....girls remember men like that....not who can buy them gifts....pack a picnic of her favorite foods and bike somewhere special....Hope it works out for you

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
reskinsrock said:
Not to be rude or anything but wow you guys are cheap, I have always spoiled my girlfriends. 20 bucks won't even buy a silver ring! Besides, I have always liked my girls to wear white gold. It looks better. It doesn't have to be $200 but thats the money that I have out of the bank right now, because once my money goes in the bank it doesn't come out. You still haven't given me any ideas.

Maybe cheap, but I dated wife for 5 years, have been married for another 18 years. I'm 47 and will be retired in 6 months with 27 years service. My house will be paid for in 14 months, we own our cars outright. I bring her some token of affection/appreciation/my love almost three times a week, most things never more than a buck or two. She's happy, I'm happy and I never had to spend big bucks while we dated in college.

I see kids go out and spend outrageously on relationships that last a short time. All you get from them is a broken heart and and empty pockets and cutsie little girls looking to play the next fella.

As I said, save your money until you've dated a year and if she is turned off by someone who shows they are thrifty, she would probably be a gold digger anyway.

Sorry ladies, I know not all girls are like this. However, I see this on a daily basis while working in the public schools. Kids; male and female are all into the what did you get me and what have you done for me lately mentality. It is just sickening how they treat each other.

Sorry to get on a soap box. But, that's the way I see things.

I was going to give a few gift ideas, but i don't want to condone stupid behavior.

Burt

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Amen Gypsy!
The sweetest gift I ever got...a poem sent in stanzas over a period of months..now that is class and a dear man whom I shall never forget and still maintain a close relationship with despite time and distance.
Anyone can buy things, few can create lasting memories and bonds.
Do something to show your appreciation of her friendship and company.

DD

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'm a mom with a 15 year old son and I've seen him do this sort of thing too. You can almost guarantee that a few weeks later him and the girl have split up and they both are on to someone new. If this is a special girl, get her a stuffed animal, a lot of girls like those to hug when you're not around. My son could buy his own house by now if he hadn't just "given" away all his money. These replies aren't just by one or two adults - almost every one of us have given the same opinion, maybe you should take wise advice when you get it. I don't mean to sound harsh and I know you'll do what you want, but maybe there's something to it if we're all saying the same thing. Just think about it.

vicki

OP
OP
R

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
Ok ok, I get the picture, 200 is too much. Maybe I'll just take her with me to virginia beach this weekend to my grandparents. Thanks for the advice everybody. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread