OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - update 5-17-2007

Well back from Omaha, he has been having ups and downs. The CT Scans show no change. Surgeons and staff were placed on stand by throughout the night. We have discussed more evasive surgery options and now it is a wait and see plan. For about 3-4 hours this afternoon he perked up then he went back into a major pain episode and lethargic.

After I left mom and him, I called and talked with him on the phone. He was a little better. We talked about some projects that he wants to get started with OA & Scouts. I've been placed on extended medical leave with an indefinite return time and allowed to work whenever I can so I don't have to worry about shift coverage, assignments, etc.

He is back to the point of plans and dealing with the problem as it arises. He told me that he realizes that there is not something right and wants to get it resolved. His twin is doing ok, but I can tell he is also worried. We have been having long talks and thankfully I have a cell phone plan that allows them to talk as long as they want.

He's hardcore into scouts and OA (Order of the Arrow). He takes his role very seriously and amazes me when we talk about his activities. He has a desire to play football and wrestling and is frustrated because he can not play contact sports because of his shunt. He has went out metal detecting a few times but hasn't got the "bug".

When I start getting down or tired I read a passage passed onto me by a dear friend. This friend believed in angels, when she explained many things I realized what it means and I keep it with me all the time...that passage is Psalms 91.

Again thank you for your support and prayers, it helps not only him but all of us.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 5-17-07

Still praying for Bradley and the rest of you. I am happy you get such comfort from the Psalm. :) Hang in there and know that you all are prayed for and cared for!

OP
OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 5-19-07

He's home! Monday he'll go in for a CT Scan and then the following week. He'll be on minimal activity for at least 2 weeks and medium activity for 4 weeks. If all goes well he'll be back to full activity after that. He says thanks for the prayers and thoughts, "the hardest part is over...getting better is a piece of cake after going through all of this".

Thank you all from the Mrs and I, over the past couple days we were on the rollercoaster.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry we somehow missed your post. :-[ Bradley and you all are in our prayers. One's going out now. May God watch over you and your family and remove all medical problems.
Evy and Jeff

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

This is great news!!! And, ya gotta love his attitude!!! ;D Don't let him give up! Our prayers are with him........please let him know that.
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer

borninok said:
... And, by the way, my daughter will celebrate her 27th birthday this coming Christmas..........yes...my Christmas present in 1980...

It didn't sink in until today with what you had said borninok...Bradley and his twin brother are our Xmas present 1992. Today (Sunday) he's already getting his P & vinegar back. He has been going on short walks with his dog trying to regain his strength.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 5-20-07 He's Home!

Great!!! I really & truly believe that my Melanie was born on Christmas Day for a special reason. She has had a ton of medical problems in her 26 years..........but I still get on my knees and thank the Good Lord for giving me that one special Christmas gift in 1980. I know you all feel the same way about Bradley and his twin..........we've gotta have a name for his twin, don't we??? I joke around that my daughter's birthday was a great tax exemption gift..... ;D....but more than that...I truly feel that she was born that Christmas Day for a reason. I have always.....and always will till I die...do it this way....in the morning, it's Christmas...and in the evening, it's her birthday, and never the two shall mix or interfere. I know all too well the pains of seeing your child suffering. So, to Bradley, I say the same thing I said to my daughter in 1999 as she lay suffering.........I will never give up on you, so don't you dare give up on yourself!

Let Bradley know we won't give up on him! Although I made it only through Cub Scouts, I do know that Scouts are always prepared.....and never give up.

God bless....to you..to your wife....to Bradley....and to his twin. Doggone it...we gotta have a name for him. ;) And for you....

Take care, my friend........my prayers go out to all of you! And, if you don't believe in prayer....come talk to me..............I say one everytime I look my daughter in the eye. Bet you do the same with your family.
--Mel

borninok

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer

eagle77 said:
borninok said:
... And, by the way, my daughter will celebrate her 27th birthday this coming Christmas..........yes...my Christmas present in 1980...

It didn't sink in until today with what you had said borninok...Bradley and his twin brother are our Xmas present 1992. Today (Sunday) he's already getting his P & vinegar back. He has been going on short walks with his dog trying to regain his strength.
Awesome news!! God bless your entire family.

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio

I am so sorry I did not see this until now...sometimes we allow our own problems to blind us to other's heartaches.

I am glad that he is doing better...seeing your child in pain and being helpless to remove it is the worst feeling any parent can experience.

You and your family have our prayers and wishes for continued improvement.

DD and the kids.

OP
OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used

borninok said:
.we've gotta have a name for his twin, don't we???
borninok

Bradley's twin is Keith

And yes, Christmas 1992 was a hectic and joyous day for me too. They are the best Christmas present I have ever received. Every Christmas they want to know what to get me and I look at both of them and say "I've already have my present, don't need anything else."

I've been away all week for training. Bradley is doing fine, passed check up on Monday, they did say that there is some slight increase in swelling but they are not concerned at this point. Tuesday he goes back for another check up. Being on limited activity and my week long training has pretty much drove his mother nuts ;D (thats teenage boys though). This weekend is time for mom to have a break and allows me to catch up on family time.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 5-25-07 He's Home!

I am really, really glad to hear of Bradley's progress! And....here's another coincidence for ya....my oldest brother's name is Keith. Even though there are 6 years difference between my oldest brother and myself....we were like twins....in several ways. We both were "ladies men" growing up.... ;D...and we both majored in Wine, Women, and Song during our college years......much differently than our middle brother who was the scholarly one....LOL

And...regarding: "...allows me to catch up on family time"....Amen. Since retiring in February, I've done just that....catch up on family time...........well, that and all of the "honey-do chores". But....I have stood my ground on time allowances for my metal detecting time.

God bless.......and pls keep us informed of Bradley's progress. He...as well as the rest of you and your family are in our prayers. Seriously.
--Mel

borninok

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Eagle,

You got it !!

We are praying for Bradley's smooth recovery, and that he will achieve Eagle Scout as soon as possible.

We also have the rest of your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Everything will work out just fine.
Keep us filled in.
Hang in there,

Old Dog

OP
OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 6-1-07 He's Home!

Good news. Went to the Dr. on Wednesday and Bradley won't have to go back for 3 weeks. He is still on limited activity (and it is driving him nuts) until then. He is hoping the Dr. will clear him so he can fully participate in his summer camp out. He was bummed out when the Dr. said that he may have restrictions, but by the time we left the building he was upbeat and plans we progressing in the event he had restrictions.

He asked the Dr. questions, so the Dr. brought a model of the brain and explained exactly what was taking place and how the Shunt performs. Seems like he now has a better understanding that he is not bulletproof, superhuman kid.) In fact he even commented that not being able to participate in baseball was probably a wise idea.

Again thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Son could use a little extra help - prayer - Update 6-1-07 He's Home!

eagle77 said:
Good news. Went to the Dr. on Wednesday and Bradley won't have to go back for 3 weeks. He is still on limited activity (and it is driving him nuts) until then. He is hoping the Dr. will clear him so he can fully participate in his summer camp out. He was bummed out when the Dr. said that he may have restrictions, but by the time we left the building he was upbeat and plans we progressing in the event he had restrictions.

He asked the Dr. questions, so the Dr. brought a model of the brain and explained exactly what was taking place and how the Shunt performs. Seems like he now has a better understanding that he is not bulletproof, superhuman kid.) In fact he even commented that not being able to participate in baseball was probably a wise idea.

Again thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

it really sucks being sick, especially for a kid. im glad to hear he is doing better. i hope he is back to playing baseball soon.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Eagle77,

Thanks for the updates. To my Knowledge I can't remember having a problem quite as serious as Bradley's as a kid.

Tore the Osgood's tendon in my right knee and it took years to heal. But was still able to play Baseball in Highschool. Doing without baseball , thats rough.

Get a metal detector and send him out to explore the unknown. Won't make him feel beter but it sure will help pass the time.

OD

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used

Eagle77,

Thanks for the update. Bradley is still in my prayers.......and well as you and the rest of the family. Keep us posted.
--Mel

borninok

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Glad your son is getting better!!

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Awesome news Eagle! I am glad to hear he is doing better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread