auto Ins savings

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might want to check with State Farm. I've been with them since 1979. I've got my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee covered with upper limits of liability and comprehensive. I also have 'renter's insurance'; living with daughter and her family. I also have a little 21 feet travel trailer. I've got all of this on a monthly payment plan. It costs me $44.08 per month. Don't know what kind of coverage you have, so can't comment on the price you pay.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let's just say that ferarri's are not cheap to insure

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be the DUI's...

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do those count against you?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I ain't ina Ferarri league.
But even a guy that daily drives a 20yr old truck, got a $15 per month premium raise?
I wear my seatbelt, use turn signals, am courteous to other drivers, etc.
I always joked that when over 25yrs of age, the only thing ya had to look forward to is lower insurance rates. Wrong!?
Peace ✌

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with Travelers..through AAA...

And I am pissed too.. My wife and I have never had a claim in past 10 years, but every year rates increase. The kicker I, when my bank sent me a new card, my auto-pay got interrupted, so they raised my rate again, for "administrative cots"... hey AAA, you got some freakin nerve. Lookin forward to dumping them

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be glad you don't live in GA, Changing from OH to GA. It doubled!!! It doesn't matter who you call. No dui, tickets or wrecks!!! The cheapest I could find was almost $700 a half. That's on a junk 15 yr old vehicle with min. state coverage!(which is next to no coverage) Ohio was $360 something a half with full coverage and a umbrella for other things at the time. Oh.... and In Ga, to get that price I also had to sign a paper saying no one else at the residence will drive the vehicle. OHio it didn't matter!

Some states are crazy high priced! I'm told FL is too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
geico was lower than aaa but flo beat it. I was paying over $400 bi
now it's 251!! more beer money!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What is auto insurance for?

It's for a select group of people to collect money and then live in a big house on the beach and have an expensive yacht. We have a law requiring that everyone buys it and then they try very hard to not give any of it back out.

Say for example you insure your truck for $10,000. They charge you for $10,000 worth of insurance. But they have something called a deductible.

That is where they can pretend that you only have $9,500 worth of insurance while making you pay for the whole 10. See?

So if they get to keep your $500 for giving you none of that value, and they do that for hundreds of thousands of people...

(they tend to live next door to health insurance people)

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's for a select group of people to collect money and then live in a big house on the beach and have an expensive yacht. We have a law requiring that everyone buys it and then they try very hard to not give any of it back out.

Say for example you insure your truck for $10,000. They charge you for $10,000 worth of insurance. But they have something called a deductible.

That is where they can pretend that you only have $9,500 worth of insurance while making you pay for the whole 10. See?

So if they get to keep your $500 for giving you none of that value, and they do that for hundreds of thousands of people...

(they tend to live next door to health insurance people)

Yes, but you haven't even explained the fine print yet. :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I insure 2 classic cars, an SUV, a Z71, a new Fusion, and a 25-foot travel trailer, with AAA.
State Farm covers our home. Here in Michigan with no-fault, it's expensive. $350 per month for the vehicles.
Homeowner's is $1,500/year for a modest-sized house and outbuilding, $500K liability which isn't much nowadays.

We are insured through two different companies, because either co. cannot give us a better rate combined.
No tickets or claims for over 20 years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why didn't you just say government croonies....geez it aint that hard

Because as Ring Finder pointed out it is political. We have a politics forum for that.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I insure 2 classic cars, an SUV, a Z71, a new Fusion, and a 25-foot travel trailer, with AAA.
State Farm covers our home. Here in Michigan with no-fault, it's expensive. $350 per month for the vehicles.
Homeowner's is $1,500/year for a modest-sized house and outbuilding, $500K liability which isn't much nowadays.

We are insured through two different companies, because either co. cannot give us a better rate combined.
No tickets or claims for over 20 years.

pics of the classic cars, if you please!

S

stefen

geico was lower than aaa but flo beat it. I was paying over $400 bi
now it's 251!! more beer money!!

I have Geico for our F-150 and SUV and Haggerty for my Tbird and TR6....

Haggerty full-replacement-value insurance is under $150 annually for the Tbird and TR6...

The classics were formerly insured by AAA at around $450 each annually...Haggerrty is the best hands down...$300 vs $900...

Besides if I wreck one of the classics, AAA only pays the current value, however Haggerty pays a pre-determined value...(example $12K vs $40K)...thats a no-brainer

Added my new Vet onto the Geico plan, modified the deductible and got rid of the Roadside and rental crap...and the 6 month cost is the same as before for 2 vehicles...basically the Vet is free...

It pays to keep the insurance lean and mean...and to be selective of insurance carriers...

And too, the cost varies state by state...

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ever the TR6 just ain't makin' it for ya....send it my way!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread