Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was adopted into a good home at 6 weeks old, but was always curious about where she came from, and who her real mother was.

After her adoptive parents died 10 years ago, she searched again to no avail.

Finally, a few months ago, the sealed adoption records were opened for her birth year.

She found her mother's name, did a search and found that she died 8 months ago......heart breaker.

However, her Mom had a sister, and 3 brothers. She also discovered that she has 4 sisters!

After getting the courage up, she wrote a letter to her new found Aunt, and after a few days the phone rang.

I could tell right away it was here Aunt, there were tears on both ends of the phone almost immediately.The Aunt told her that they loved her, missed her, and couldn't wait to meet her.

So tonight we are meeting them, my wife is so excited/nervous she can't sleep.

I just hope it goes well.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My wife was adopted into a good home at 6 weeks old, but was always curious about where she came from, and who her real mother was.

After her adoptive parents died 10 years ago, she searched again to no avail.

Finally, a few months ago, the sealed adoption records were opened for her birth year.

She found her mother's name, did a search and found that she died 8 months ago......heart breaker.

However, her Mom had a sister, and 3 brothers. She also discovered that she has 4 sisters!

After getting the courage up, she wrote a letter to her new found Aunt, and after a few days the phone rang.

I could tell right away it was here Aunt, there were tears on both ends of the phone almost immediately.The Aunt told her that they loved her, missed her, and couldn't wait to meet her.

So tonight we are meeting them, my wife is so excited/nervous she can't sleep.

I just hope it goes well.

WOW! GREAT! Keep us informed!

OP
OP
G

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things went well, many similarities between siblings separated 50 some years ago.

We have a chocolate lab named Abby, so does her youngest sister.

Still some mystery as to why my wife was given up, and 3 others were raised, the Aunt gently suggested a possible affair with a former boss, but really wasn't sure.

At least now my wife knows where she came from, and has an extended family that she only dreamed of before.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No need to dwell on the past; that wont change, whatever the reason. (I have a similar situation in my family.) Now your wife can live her dream of once again being active in her family; great story.
Don.....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same kind of thing with my fiance, She really never knew one side of her family.Until later on. Then at one point wished we never did! Not, to be the negative one. Don't take it to heart if things aren't or don't go as imagined. Doesn't look like the case!!!!! I've been down that road, and it kills you to watch as they try so hard for that connection And the other side doesn't have the same desire or need for the connection. Like I said Does not sound like that's the case in your situation!!! Just thinking and commenting about what our situation was! Her real dad has stolen from us on multiple occasions, to the point that he doesn't even know where we live now, and one of her half sisters also stole from her after re-meeting them. She heard stories, that we still have no clue are real or not. They really worked on her wants, and emotions to get what they wanted, not concerned one bit for her feelings or good heart!

Not to be the negative guy! I guess I'm just real jumpy around people after bad experiences mentioned. It's easier to look for the worst and hope for the best! In some situations! Not all!!!!!

Sry! Thread just reminded me of watching her go through a roller coaster ride of confusion!

In your case it's awesome they reunited and found they have things in common!!! I'm glad things have gone great!!! When I read the OP My first thoughts were my experiences, because it was the only thing I had to relate it too! Glad to hear there are good experiences too!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread