Did You Know ... It Is Now ILLEGAL To Collect Rainwater On YOUR OWN Property?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girl has a small garden... and many types of plants... and boy are they thirsty.
We have an aquifer water well here...
but we do not like to take from it unless we absolutely have to... as many homes around us are also using the same source.
We have one guttered 55 gallon blue plastic drum...
it serves her needs and she never has to take from aquifer.

One word...
Perfect.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allow me to pull these barrels out of my archives....
My wife is the artist, we sold over 500 in less than 3 years.

Attachments

• DSCN0738.JPG
    DSCN0738.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1174.JPG
    DSCN1174.JPG
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0766.JPG
    DSCN0766.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
  • barrel.JPG
    barrel.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • upherron.JPG
    upherron.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • rooster.JPG
    rooster.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • watercolor.JPG
    watercolor.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1200.JPG
    DSCN1200.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 59

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Dave, your wife has talent!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't read the whole thread yet! Yes! We wanted to put in a very small pond, that collected water from the yard and down spouts! Not aloud in this area. Im talking small pond, 15 to 20 ft in dia.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice indeed Dave!

I noticed someone has confused collecting rain water with stopping up or damming a stream. Not the same thing, and here is why:

This individual is stopping runoff, not stopping a stream. True, the water is not reaching the stream, but again he is not interfering in any way with the free flow of the stream.

Today, there are folks being fined for the rainwater runoff from their property - mostly cattlemen. So, what way do the gooberment leaders want it? Both. The want to fine you if you do, or they can fine you when you don't.

Hope that's clear enough.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't read the whole thread yet! Yes! We wanted to put in a very small pond, that collected water from the yard and down spouts! Not aloud in this area. Im talking small pond, 15 to 20 ft in dia.

Dave: First off I totally agree with T.H..... Wife is very talented and nice barrels.

Nitric: Just do what I have done here at my home. Most all the gutters downspouts here go down into the ground about 1ft. and are then run into 3" PVC for about 80-90 ft. to dump over the ridge (or into a small pond....?):laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(My cost was $10 per barrel, strictly food grade, no chemicals...)My blue barrels, no paint, were $49, that was with the spigot, overflows, and collection screen installed.. and that price was good if you didn't have downspouts, and needed a larger catchment area. Primed and painted one color(ready for your own artwork) $69.. Custom orders started at $99, but based on time and detail, as much as $149... We also offered free delivery to our local area. We had a website, coupled with our spot at the local Green Market every Saturday morning, along with other venues... I miss the business sometimes, but when I am detecting on Saturdays, I don't miss it at all!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread