Unexplained activity - Paranormal

sleeepy

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2006
About thirty years ago, I was a practicing freelance photographer. I was approached by a friend who had seen a TV show where supposed ghosts were captured on infrared film, and asked if I would be interested in attempting this. His story was that his cousin owned a large farm, which has a tennant house where many strange things had occurred. I agreed to talk to him, and this is what I found. The farm had been in the same family for well over 100 years, so he had a direct connection to this information. It started in the early 1880s, when two young children and their mother died of cholera in the house. The father survived and stayed in the house, but for years he claimed they visited him. He eventually hung himself in the barn early in the 1900s. It seems the house sat empty for many years, until the current owner bought some more acreage and fixed it up for a farmhand he needed to hire. To make a long story short, everyone who lived there since, although they were never told about it, claims to have seen the spirits of the children, usually in the kitchen. The last guy that lived there raced out in his car in the middle of his first night, and never even returned for his belongings. This is when the owner decided maybe it wasn't such a great idea to rent this house. I also never got to see for myself. He decided he didn't want the publicity, and we agreed not to disclose the location to anyone else. I have never seen anything like this myself, but the people involved in this truly believed what they had seen, and I'm not going to disagree. ???

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Back in the 60s here in NE Louisiana, we frequently took several cars loaded with friends out to see "The Light" we have here. Same description as this one. Country road (gravel) with a light that appeared waaaaay down the road and traveled up, down, and to and fro, then closer and higher. Heard tell it got in a car of one of the football jocks one night and had him bawling like a baby. :D It's close to a village called Holly Ridge. Don't think I could even find the road today. I did see it with my own eyes, though. Wasn't particularly scary; just unusual. "They" say it's caused by swamp gas, whatever that is.

-Noodle

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
I try to be as skeptical as possible but have had experiences when rational explanations fail.

In those instances I agree with Sherlock Holmes.."When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. "

;D
DD

S

skydiv

A MAN SHOT HIMSELF TO DEATH IN THE BASEMENT OF THE HOUSE MY SON BOUGHT. HIS DOG WILL GO WIDE AROUND OR RUN FAST LOOKING AT THE HEATING REGISTER WHEN HE GOES BY IT. STRANGE, HE MUST KNOW SOMETHING

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
I have heard my name called out when no one was around as well from time to time, especially when I was a teen . . my Mother always told me it was my Guardian Angel ;D . . . whom no doubt I drove to yelling my name more often then not :-[

We have a paino that my son obtained from his friends family who bought it from a church . . it is a Schiller upright piano & if I recall correctly from research I did some time back it was made in the late 1950's. From time to time it plays music by itself ;D LOL ;D. . I know I know ::)
The first time I heard it I was sleeping when something woke me up . . I sat there for a few moments trying to adjust when I heard this soft music, so I thought the radio alarm, but nope, wasn't the style we have our radio tuned to anyway . . went to our sons room, no . . as I approached closer to the garage I could hear the music stronger . . openned the door, music stopped. .

My sister who lives above us heard it playing one nite & asked quite gruffly >:( whom was playing the piano at 12:30 in the morning >:( . . I chuckled then really laughed when she asked my son who shrugged his shoulders as stating with a very serious face . . "Oh that was the piano." ;D I know it will sound "sterotype" of hauntings but the piano player does favor tickling the ivories around 12:30 a.m. . . what kind of music? that I can not say. . it is not classical, nor rock. . more along. . hhmmm, soft & steady. . my first thought is old lounge style . . after the first time I questioned my son's friend to discover that the piano played over their house as well ???

Sometimes sitting her at the keyboard I will get this strong scent of soft floral . . it will begin lightly then become incredibly strong, but not an overpowering scent then. . gone . . we don't have plants in the house, nor are there any windows in this room, as well I don't wear perfume . . . my Mother again tells me this is an Angel :)

Not sure how to explain either one. . maybe I am losing my mind, or what is left of it. . still it makes one stop & think from time to time & maybe that is what we all need to do. . stop from our hustle & bustle, daily grind, woes & . . think :)

Bogart :D

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
Ok, here goes. This was in 1983. Me and 2 friends in high school were being stupid and playing with a ouiga board one night. We had recently lost a couple of friends due to an accident and thought we night contact them. ANYWAY- we alsed alot of dumb questions and one of them that really sticks out in my mind was me asking where I was going to live as an adult. My answer was spelled out HADES. At that time I had no idea what that was, we had to look it up later. Creeped me out very badly! Then, we asked some questions about our friends and it said it was one of them and I made the mistake of asking if he went to heaven or hell when he died and the planchette (or whatever you call the pointer) flew off the table and went about 5 feet and hit the floor. None of us could have done that with just our fingers lightly resting on that thing. I will tell you that I will never touch another one of those things again or allow one in my home. I think they are pure evil made to look like a harmless game.
One more thing- my husbands great grandma used to own a home in Spring Hill TN called Rippavilla and his mom said she sold it cuz it was haunted and her daughters didnt like being alone there. It is a civil war historical site and we have visited several times. the people who work there will agree it is haunted, but usually wont bring it up unless you ask. I have felt someones hand grasp mine in an upstairs bedroom and also there is a place on the stair landing that kinda takes your breath and makes your chest feel heavy. I have taken friends there to see their reaction and they felt it also. I could go on, but I really dont want to sound crazy. Those are my stories and I am stickin to em!
I have REALLY enjoyed reading about other peoples experiences. Thanks for sharing!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's for sharing Tracey,

Fossis...............

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Hey All,

If anyone has any questions, serious questions please. Feel free to PM me and I'll help you out if I can.

I'm a paranormal investigator. So I've been through all the really tough questions. I'm ready for ya even if you're cynical. ;) But I warn ya....be respectful and try and think with an open mind and we'll get along fine.

Thanx,
Tricia

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i can relate to this topic , through the years things have happened that give me a da ja vue feeling, and the last few years i have even finished other peoples stories, and even told what happened before they finished, and they wondered how i knew, well since the digital camera i take lots of pics and i mean lots , my mother died november of 2005 and in january of 06 i was taking pics just to take some in the house. downloaded a few and noticed what looked like a flying orb in them , so i showed the wife and started taking more pics.the orb showed up more in the pics that followed as i took them as fast as i could. wife got nervous she is alittle afraid of the unknown, but for some reason i wasnt , i just had the feeling of my mom was still looking over me. i have put the pics on several disk and look at them once in awhile.

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
In my vocation as a Priest, I have taken part in a couple of exhorcisms. Now granted, hollywood has better special effects, but if NEVER called upon to exhorcize evil from a living soul, it will be entirely too soon! That is a ministry that no clergy covets at all.

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Montana Jim said:
Tricia said:
Hey All,

If anyone has any questions, serious questions please.
I'm a paranormal investigator. Thanx,
Tricia

Intriguing! Professionally or as a hobbyist?

It is unethical to charge money for investigations because nothing can be proven one way or the other. If you come across a person or a group who charge money for this, walk away.

I suppose I could write the next great American novel that has to do with MD'ing and ghosts. ROFL. That might make some money. :D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Montana Jim said:
I'm closing on a house on May 31st... next week.

The guy who owned it committed suicide in it about three months ago...

I'll keep you advised.... :o

UPDATE: Been in the new house now for a few weeks (hence my extended absence from T-Net with no 'puter at home yet). My two dogs act normal and there is nothing levitating or spinning in the living room. LMAO - Looks like "Steve" moved on and the house is all mine.

For which I am grateful. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bet you got a good price to boot---"damaged goods" houses like that can be a very good buy if there no haunting going on afterwards ---buy a ticket and take a chance as the hawkers say---Ivan

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zimbabwe - A friend of mine used to delve in ghosts etc and was called to this house where during the night you could hear hammer and nails.... If you went into the room where the sound was coming from there used to be a coffin on tressles with an old man hammering in the nails.... Many people bought and sold the house for the same reason.
After doing investigations it was found that the house was built on a burial site for the African natives. The old man must of been the funeral director or something. Funny but no-one ever approached the old man, they would just close the door and all would stop.

I have also been involved with people who are demon possesed, and saw one lady who floated 6" of the ground with nothing under her. In the same meeting a teenager was standing across the room when he was pushed over some chairs, with no-one around him. The next day, there was two mud hand prints square on the front of his "T" shirt.... the funny part was that the weather was bright sunshine....

God bless
Peter

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there be things you gotta learn first hand in some cases ---me I know --that which I know ---they do exist and most are harmless but a few a bad very very bad---there are things best left alone---a wise man knows this ----a fool mettles with anything and everything to his sorrow---some kids see another kid put a penny in a light socket and see what happens and thus never do it ---other just "have" to do it too---oh well---some learn the hard way

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
All I can say is I started to believe in ghosts when I was 11 years old. Three days after my father passed due to cancer, I was at home with my mother and brother and long story short, I saw his ghost in the main hall way of our house. He stopped and smiled right at me at about 5 feet from me. Both my brother and mother did not see him but they both said I turned white as a ghost myself. Two weeks later he appeared once again right in front of me at a scout meeting outside in the dark wearing his checkered shirt and blue jeans he always wore. I knew right away it was him but it still scared the crap out of me. I have tons of pictures as well from Gettysburg with orbs and weird stuff in the photos. Don't get me started or I could go on forever.
Pepperpump :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread