Unexplained activity - Paranormal

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007
Hi Everyone!

I just posted something under "General Discussion" - "Haunted House Treasures" which you may find interesting.

Tom

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
OH NO! Not "orb" pictures.

I feel another dissertation coming on about how the focal plane of a camera lens works.

ROFL

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
I grew up on a farm, and when I was 12, me and a friend my age, a close neighbor, loved to explore creeks deep in the woods close to our homes and try to catch fish from them.
To get to the nearest creek from his house we had to cross a large plowed up field before we reached the woods which took about 30 minutes of walking, then another 20 minutes through the woods to reach the creek.
As we crossed the field and were approaching the woods I spotted a
short bush further on in the woods that looked from that distance like an old shoe wedged in the forks of it about head height.

I was curious as to what it actually was so I kept on a straight line course to pass by the shrub to investigate close hand just what kind of a shoe was laying up in the forks of that bush. I didn't tell my friend, but kept it to myself thinking I might surprise him by being first to make such a find.
As we kept getting nearer the bush we kept talking about how we were going to catch a big mess of fish, and how it was going to be our secret fishing hole, and by the time we got to the bush I had temporarily completely forgotten about the bush, with the old shoe stuck in the forks of it.
I was so focused on getting to the creek and catching a big mess of fish when I got to the bush I had completely forgotten it, and never looked at it, but began circling around it and was making a bee line toward the creek, but as I began to pass by it, the whole side of my head, face, and ear that was near to it began to burn like as if I had walked up beside a roaring red hot fire, and bells began ringing in my ear.

By instinct I moved my head away from where the heat was coming, while putting my hand up to shield my face, and ear from such a hot heat, and at the same time turned my head to see what was burning my face so hot, I was staring face to face with a cottonmouth snake coiled in the forks of that bush at the perfect height for a deadly bite to the head or throat.

Needless to say I instantly jumped like superman in the opposite direction, thankfully that old sneaky snake just wasn't fast enough, but what was so unexplainable was the extreme hot heat, with the ringing bells.
I was, and still am very thankful for the heat, and ringing bells, (miracle) that no doubts in my mind saved my life that day.
SS

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I'll post the other 2 (actually happened in one night) "freaky" stories I have. I was actually talking to my new neighbors over the weekend and this story came up. 16 years later and I still get goosebumps thinking about it or telling it. The second part of this story I posted once already.. but here's the night in its entirety

Halloween, 1990, I was a junior in high school. A bunch of us got together and somebody suggested an OUIJI board. Now, I don't believe Parker Brothers has the monopoly on spiritual energy, but I refuse to be in the same room as one since this happened. The board was broken out, and the two guys actually using the board supposedly contacted an "evil" spirit, and started making fun of it, heckling, etc. One of my friends started laughing, and stumbled into the dresser in the corner of the room, knocking over the digital clock. When it hit the bed, it was upside down, and the number read "666" (that is 999 if the clock were right-side-up). We all freaked out a bit, and as soon as Joe (the kid who knocked it over) picked up the clock, it went back to the correct time.
(I just got a huge chill running down my spine when I wrote that, and my arms are covered in goosebumps...but I'll go on)

SO... being the idiots we were, we got the bright idea of going to the "Vampire Grave" of Mercy Brown, in exeter, RI. I drove. I had a 1989 toyota 4-runner that was mechanically perfect... never had a problem. We pull up to the cemetery, and I actually pulled into the cemetery so I could turn around. As soon as I crossed into the cemetery from the street, my truck stalled. My friends started ribbing me - asking when I learned to drive a standard, etc. They all thought it was hysterical until I couldn't restart the truck.

I turned it over, and over and it wouldn't fire up. I couldn't get it started. 2 guys decided to go and see if they could find the headstone. Me and another guy (he was good with cars) got out and started fiddling with the truck... couldn't get it started. After about 2 mins, the two guys came running back to the truck. They looked extremely freaked out. Said it felt like someone was watching them. They never made it to the grave, they were so freaked out.

I said, lets roll the truck into the street, maybe I can pop it started. So we rolled it out into the street. They were just about to start pushing the truck when I figured I would try the key one more time. I turned the ignition, and IT FIRED UP RIGHT AWAY. It completely freaked me out. Everyone piled in and I tore off down the street. To this day, the guys I was with think i was just screwing with them. I wasn't. I have never gone back, and every time I drive near the cemetery, I get goosebumps.

I have them right now, writing this.

steve

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with good reason steve---it's fun when you play with the evil dead --when they "play" back its not so fun--now is it?----becareful what you do and what you ask for you just might get it---you screwed around and ask for a "evil" dead spirit ---well you got one ---lucky for you and your freinds that ya'll got off that lightly (P.S. If I were you I wouldn't "try" my luck a second time)--- Ivan

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is way too spooky for me! ::) ;D

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
jbot said:
Not long ago I walked into the bathroom at my mother's house and heard my own voice say, "Mom". Then my mother, in the living room, said, "What". We both heard me say mom.

ok that gave me chills

T

TreasureTales

CarolinaDigs said:
gtfd47 said:
I remember reading a post about people getting that "spooked out" feeling at various sites. That got me thinking about something that happened to me a few years ago and I figured I would relate it. I was a police Officer for a small notheastern town and was checking the end of an undeveloped cul de sac. This is often an area for illegal dumping and drug activity. As I got out of my cruiser, I noticed a path worn down in the ding weeds leading out into the woods. Being a PO, I decided to investigate further, as it was obvious someone had been out there and for no good reason. As I walked down the path, I made it about 50 ft passed the tree line, when clear as day, from behind me, I heard my first name from a male voice. :o I snapped around and instintively put my hand on my side arm. You guessed it...noone was there. It was clear as day. Needless to say, I made a hasty retreat back to my car and took off. Told some of my colleagues and got made fun of alot, but man it was wierd and left me with an uneasy feeling for a few days. It was not my radio. Just something off point I felt like relating. Any other "ghost, UFO or unexplained stories." Just curious. Feel free to move this post if nessacary.

Goose

It was your guardian angel > not safe for you to go any further :) Blessing Margie

Totally agree with CarolinaDigs...the voice was your guardian angel protecting you from harm.

I am loathe to mention this because it was a very sensitive moment for me (so please don't make light of what I am about to state), but within a year of my beloved mother's death, I was out in the boonies trying to come to grips with her death and I heard her call to me. She said my name and I turned to look for her, but of course she was not there. I then left the area and returned to my campsite, just to learn later that a horrible auto accident had occured within minutes at the very same spot that I was standing. So I truly feel my mother was watching over me that day in her death as she did in life when I was a child. I was 55 years old at the time and from that moment on, whenever I hear someone call my name, I pay attention.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread. I've always been fascintated with the paranormal as I grew up in a haunted house and have had hundreds of things happen to me not only there, but other places as well. My parents still live there and stuff still goes on now and then. I've had well over a hundred "old hag" experiences alone and almost always with one or more entities present. Being a Christian, I believe most if not all ghosts are demons mimicking humans. I know for a fact that "old hag" experiences are demonic. They love harrassing people, especially children. But, just get the words "the blood of Jesus" or "in Jesus name" out and they flee pretty quickly.

I'll have to remember this thread when I get home from Iraq so that I can post a pick of a demon that was posing for the camera at my buddies house. At the time, the house was empty and he was fixing a few things to make it habitable before he and the family moved in. He had taken some "before" shots of the place. When they moved in, all sorts of things started to happen there so I suggested we take a bunch of pictures of the place. We had one strange photo of the front of the house that had a white misty streak across it. Another picture oddly enough, was accidentally taken by me with the polaroid in the car right after we had gotten the film. The picture shows a shadow of what looks like a foot tall person against the glove box. Anyway, after not seeing too much on all of these pictures we had taken, later on he realized that he had taken a bunch before they had moved in. He called me up and told me I had better come look at something. The picture itself was astonishing enough. Here's the description:

It was a shot of the whole front of the house. All of the windows were closed as you could clearly see the little wooden frames that used to be on windows that made it look like multiple little windows. On the top floor, there was a dark figure clearly leaning out of the closed window and appeared to be posing. No joke. He still had the digital image of this shot and he e-mailed it to me. I messed with it awhile applying different effects to it to see if it would come out better. When I applied the "stone" affect to it, the figure resolved much better. I know this sounds nuts, but I'll post it when I get back--it was a figure with a giant skeleton head and it seemed to be grinning. It had one closed fist on its hip and another across its chest almost like a proud military pose. I was astonished as was my friend. They nicknamed this ghost of theirs Charlie and it even came to harrass me briefly one night during an "old hag" incident. BUT, that's another story.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That is one spooky story. If you get a chance go to general discussion and read Haunted House Treasures.
Dman

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
What's an "old hag" experience?

A year after my mother died, we moved 2600 miles to occupy the old homeplace. One day my hubby and I were sitting outside transplanting some flowers when I heard my mother call my name. Not believing what I'd heard, I got up and walked all around the outside of the house, looking for who called my name. Never said a word to my husband. The next day, a lamp began to blink in the house and I told my husband "sure a lot of weird things going on around here." He said, "You mean like yesterday when your mom called your name?" He'd heard it, too.

Several months later when I was working in a hospital and walking past the nursery, she did it again. It was my birthday.

Bear, don't forget to follow up with the pics when you get back! -Noodle

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After my grandparents passed away, my mother and her siblings were left with the task of cleaning out the house and readying it for sale. My mom told me to go to the house and see if there was anything that I wanted to take. I was alone in the kitchen looking in the cabinets at grandmas pots. I heard my name in my grandfather's voice. Stranger still, years later, I mentioned this incident to my mother and aunt when they were together, and they both related similar incidents, hearing their father's voice calling their names in the kitchen of the old house.They say that love never dies. I believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread