austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Dad used to sell them in his shop. Never changed one myself, but sure miss them now that you posted. darn I'm old...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea $5. bucks or so & you could do it yourself

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IS that what I think it is...
Its a bird ?
A plane ?
No... its a Super blinding button. ?

Crunch on crunch off.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a second one hooked up to the car stereo.

Just mash the switch and it killed the stereo so I could talk on the radio without the stereo going in the background.

Music on- music off... pretty easy.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a second one hooked up to the car stereo.

Just mash the switch and it killed the stereo so I could talk on the radio without the stereo going in the background.

Music on- music off... pretty easy.

good idea ! would make a good kill switch too for high crime areas .
or just Convenient break Downs , when her curfew is too early

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It was annoying going from foot switch to lever on the column.
Stomping around on the floor and by the time I figured what vehicle system I was dealing with the reason for needing to switch(probably some guy with the same problem) was past...
Winter salt caused more than one to stick. Just safely reach down after stopping(sure) and pull it up by hand, till it won't pull back up anymore..then learn how to replace one.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these better plus i can hit it quicker if needed and i still catch my slef trying to hit it my foot in these new death traps

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a more modern one on a truck. I knew if I pulled the headlight lever to me both the dim and bright would come on. Very bright. Once, at night on a lonely road a car was approaching my truck with their brights on. So I gave them a flash. They were still on bright. So I flashed again. No change. The car is getting close now and I'm po'd so I flash the car as it's most vulnerable moment just in time to see the badge on his chest.

Fortunately he kept going.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good post Jeff..... Yea I remember those. Very simple to use and replace. You bring back memories of one of my old street rods. I had a really built V-8 Vega. Started off with a 283 and ended up with a 406 SB. Nothing "Vega" about it but the name and body style. Got pulled over again one day and had to go through ANOTHER vehicle check... again! Had a manual switch for the backup lights (passed-they didn't catch me)... and everything else passed except one damn thing. He asked me to turn on my windshield squirters... bad request. Gave me a "10 day ticket" to repair or no fine.

I went to the junk yard and took out an old Dodge squirter system that used the old foot plunger system. So simple in principle and it hooked right up to my system with minimal revamping. I passed. Everything has just gone too high tech... so I say.... I like the KISS mode - "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID".... Brad

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a more modern one on a truck. I knew if I pulled the headlight lever to me both the dim and bright would come on. Very bright. Once, at night on a lonely road a car was approaching my truck with their brights on. So I gave them a flash. They were still on bright. So I flashed again. No change. The car is getting close now and I'm po'd so I flash the car as it's most vulnerable moment just in time to see the badge on his chest.

Fortunately he kept going.

Unless you had a beer between your knees he had it coming... it would have PO'd me also cop or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread