How About The Mods ?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Being the parent of a son who is an Administrator and WebMaster, on a non-competing website forum, I see daily the trials and tribulations they go through. He has a full time job, comes home and then spends another 6-8 hours on the forum. I would like to express my thanks to them on doing a great job. Administrators and Mods receive VERY little pay, with VERY HIGH levels of stress. These guys and gals do it for the interests they have in their hobbies as well as for the interesting people they interact with. Most probably have a second job,( or are retired ), and the job is demanding. :icon_thumright: P.S. Can I use this as a "Get Out Of Jail" card next time I do a no no ? ? ? :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do a job I wouldn't want to do. I'm not that impartial myself. Sorting through all kinds of nonsense and keeping drama to a minimum on top of the normal chores, ugh! Who would want that?

Bad moderators can ruin a forum. They must be pretty good around here!

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
So many people and each with different viewpoints always leads to that chance of a confrontation. And look at the age differences for us users.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being the parent of a son who is an Administrator and WebMaster, on a non-competing website forum, I see daily the trials and tribulations they go through. He has a full time job, comes home and then spends another 6-8 hours on the forum. I would like to express my thanks to them on doing a great job. Administrators and Mods receive VERY little pay, with VERY HIGH levels of stress. These guys and gals do it for the interests they have in their hobbies as well as for the interesting people they interact with. Most probably have a second job,( or are retired ), and the job is demanding. :icon_thumright: P.S. Can I use this as a "Get Out Of Jail" card next time I do a no no ? ? ? :laughing7:

Thanks for shout out..... and the Mods get no pay......:tongue3:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Mod on a not to be named site and nobody gets paid, Mods or Admins!

We do it for the fun of it!! :icon_scratch::tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Mod on a not to be named site and nobody gets paid, Mods or Admins!

We do it for the fun of it!! :icon_scratch::tongue3:

That is because of the beer parties..:occasion14:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
================================================================================
PAY ?

Who gets paid? lol
Most of the admins I know don't get paid unless it is a really huge site.
The majority of mods / admins (there IS a big difference) do it because it is a topic they like or something that is part of their life.

I have built a lot of sites and for the most part they are pretty static. Unlike a forum where literally you can have a million or more unique hits per day.
I've been in the IT business for nearly 20 years now and really enjoy it. Even when nothing is working right it still is a challenge to diagnose, present a fix then actually get it going.
Between my dad, myself and my son. We have a combined total of around 70+ years in this field.

It can be a ton of "work". But if the subject/topic is one he has a keen interest in then it doesn't seem like work.
Meh,,, I just had to toss my penny in here.

Hit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bribes accepted

itled.jpg

Beer must be imported

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of post leaves you only one option - to say how wonderful everyone is. Not saying our TN mods are bad, just the point that no one can say anything but good things. So, kind of a pointless deal? No?
BTW - I love our Mod's, they are the best in the world - they should be crowned as the kings of the internet!!! :occasion14:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well heck, they gave me 6 months in banned camp so I could have my heart attack, quadrupal bypass surgery ... and get a good start on healing --- walking two miles a day or riding my bike for 4 miles a day (things I couldn't do before) before I jumped back in. Worked out fine for me.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well heck, they gave me 6 months in banned camp so I could have my heart attack, quadrupal bypass surgery ... and get a good start on healing --- walking two miles a day or riding my bike for 4 miles a day (things I couldn't do before) before I jumped back in. Worked out fine for me.

Well then..... Obviously these guys have a lot of foresight ..... JUST KIDDING Chadeaux!!!!!! I mean kidding buddy.... JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well then..... Obviously these guys have a lot of foresight ..... JUST KIDDING Chadeaux!!!!!! I mean kidding buddy.... JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense taken, and it was meant in a humorous vein. Don't know, but that may have worked out to be a blessing in a way.

Had been suffering for about 4 or 5 years, being treated for breathing problems when it was heart trouble. Couldn't walk to the bathroom without being out of breath.

Now, if I could just break my addiction to these machines!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just like the site and the people. Made good friends here. I do work a real job and just try to help the other mods/members when I check in.
I was supposed to get a free treasure hunting ball hat but never got it.:help:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The fact you are doing this for no pay is a testament to your love of the work, or hobby. Now I have an even higher level of appreciation for all of you. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! All the mods treasure hunt also. But we still learn a lot from the members and we enjoy seeing the finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread