Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah - I've noticed that many Northerners think they are above Southerners because the way they talk. Pretty sad really!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pert near sums it up ya'll. Recon I'll go grab the hosepipe and water the garden. I love the way southerners talk.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, you forgot Texas. We're southerners too and were part of the confederacy. We use lots of southern sayings and also have our own west Texas accent. Am I from Texas? I shure ammm.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pert near sums it up ya'll. Recon I'll go grab the hosepipe and water the garden. I love the way southerners talk.

Ohia Has those draws through it too. :laughing7: Jus' go to cant'n!:laughing7: Moving from Ohio to here? I have been in places of GA and AL. Where there are some people I really can't understand them, or have to really try! Then they say ,"you talk funny".
It's amazing how it can even change from different parts of most states.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoy accents. May even have one.:laughing7:

Been a while, but mine will change when around a different one a while. Wears off when back to another a while.
Did get chastised more than once for picking up a former brief hobo stint grandpa's. Course there's a type of pidgin language or more in it too. The old ones anyway.
Nothing of an accent can truly be considered ignorant. It's speech for cryin out loud. Celebrate being able to use it.
Ignorance is a lack of awareness.
Sure...there may be and are, people who do not seem to know they are talking, l.o.l. but that is not regional in it's origin (outside of a possible political region.)
Any time I get called "Hon", or get a polite "bless your heart" when being stupid, I'm still alright with it!
It would be a more drab world to never hear a new dialect and accent when traveling far outside the small fishbowl of daily routine.
Or meeting someone arriving from outside the local horizon .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ohia Has those draws through it too. :laughing7: Jus' go to cant'n!:laughing7: Moving from Ohio to here? I have been in places of GA and AL. Where there are some people I really can't understand them, or have to really try! Then they say ,"you talk funny".
It's amazing how it can even change from different parts of most states.
Just learn to read Lips; of course, the women will say... "HEY! My eyes are up HERE!" TRUE STORY... a PREACHER'S wife!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the Northern ladies sure loved my Southern accent....:occasion14: :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When working for phone company 3 of us were transferred to Minnesota to install new central office, I was from Florida, 2 others were from the Hills of Eastern Kentucky...... The ladies loved our accents, we were never short of "company" to party with....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
When working for phone company 3 of us were transferred to Minnesota to install new central office, I was from Florida, 2 others were from the Hills of Eastern Kentucky...... The ladies loved our accents, we were never short of "company" to party with....
Heh... (nod & a wink, here...).

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a firefighter from Florida (thanked him) fighting the Gasquet complex fire. He mentioned he could be fine with never seeing mountains like that ever again. Nice people. The accent was strong I had to pay attention, as during our conversation I was unclear on a few words. He smiled and stated that I was the one with the accent. It's what you are used to. I told him I have spoken Gaelic (Grandparents immigrated from Ireland) to some tourists from Ireland at the local grocery store. You get some strange looks indeed! I gave him an example, and between the two of us, we got a few looks.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GREAT little booklet found at a Shenandoah National Park gift shop... SPEAKIN' SUTHERN LIKE IT SHOULD BE SPOKE! A Dixie Dicshunary; Expresshuns uv the South - Unusual REBEL Words by Nick & William Powers. HAW! Booger Hollow Collection is ALSO available, y'all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread