FICTION OF THE CELESTE BEALE AND THOMAS BEALE DIARY

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread is for the fictional post as otherwise fake items of The Beale Papers.

Have at it, this thread is for what you wish The Beale Papers were or what you wish to be true.

66fe10b718ee264ea014ca0bd4a9a4e5.jpg

The creator of this thread is not responsible for what is said here as pertaining to the truth !

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A part of me sometimes wishes that the Beale pamphlet had never been published. :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish there was no Thomas Beale Diary site. People talk like that site is factual.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Of DRUG FIENDS...

Naah. The opium fiends just get jaundiced and sleepy before they croak.
The medicinal uses of the era if not abused may have been slightly more tolerable but one saying in China was reputed to have been,"if you want to get rid of some one you don't like, keep them supplied with free opium".

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be on to something, the Beale party needing the "candle and flame" to burn their opium. :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the SIMPSON PAPERS. :laughing7:
Like Laflin's Lafitte Memoirs. :piratehand:

And the famed Celeste Beale Diary.

The Lafitte Memoirs, I need to look at them more carefully. But mostly the 4 feet of documents that Jean is known for in his own hand. The Memoirs are not the only documents they have from Jean. You are very quick to assume the Memoirs are fake there ECS, why is that ?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Lafitte Memoirs, I need to look at them more carefully. But mostly the 4 feet of documents that Jean is known for in his own hand. The Memoirs are not the only documents they have from Jean. You are very quick to assume the Memoirs are fake there ECS, why is that ?

Over the years various studies have been made of the Memoirs to determine their authenticity. As explained in detail by Gene Marshall, the problems encountered in these efforts revolve around some of the various motivations and personal interest of those involved in these studies, thus possibly rendering their opinions with biased conclusion. Eventually a hand writing expert was asked to analyze the text using a known document reportedly in Laffite's own hand as comparison, this individual determining that the handwriting in the two sources held distinct differences, thus he concluded that the memoirs had been written by someone else. Now to present.

Since these various investigations materials have surfaced that support some of the details in the memoirs, these materials having not been available to the alleged forger, John A., until after his producing the memoirs. Add to this that there are many reasons why one's handwriting can change over time, the source material used in the handwriting comparison having been written many years before the memoirs. Also, during the period it was common practice for people of wealth/business to employ secretaries to transcribe a great deal of their communications and personal bios. And last, just as with the memoirs, there is no absolute certainty that the document used as comparison was penned by Laffite's own hand, though it does seem likely given the content. What we do know is that the paper and ink used in the memoirs has been determined to be of the correct period and that a great deal of the information in the memoirs appears to be accurate. And as a matter of quote, "It really all comes down to opinions and what someone determines to believe." This same sentiment having been echoed by a few noted authorities at Sam Huston, the Laffite society, and various noted authors who have spent their lives researching and writing about the era.

Conclusion, nobody really knows for sure one way or the other. In closing out this little summation, and in sticking to the focus of this thread, allow me to say that I wish somebody did know for sure. "I believe all future events can be controlled with precision and certainty." Perhaps the answer rest somewhere within the memoirs themselves and "the power of the pen?"

PS: And one other area that I failed to mention, and an area that most committed forgery theorist will refuse to entertain, "If John A. didn't know how to read French and didn't know how to write French, how could he proceed to write the memoirs that were originally penned in French?"

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

The Lafitte Memoirs... You are very quick to assume the Memoirs are fake there ECS, why is that ?
Fake or legitimate, the bottom line is that the memoirs have no bearing on the Beale Papers, whatsoever.
-just a wild chase up Goose Creek.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake or legitimate, the bottom line is that the memoirs have no bearing on the Beale Papers, whatsoever.
-just a wild chase up Goose Creek.

Did you read the title and opening post of this thread? "Have at it, this thread is for what you wish The Beale Papers were or what you wish to be true."

Not a "real serious" effort to "argue" anything. Just a thread to have some "fun" with. So, you could say, for instance, I wish that Ward was indeed referenced as the author, or, I wish grandpa Risque had been mentioned in the Beale papers, etc., etc., etc. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Just a thread to have some "fun" with...
Three Beale researchers walk into a bar.
The bar tender asked what will you have?
The first answers, brandy, that is what Lafitte would drink.
No, no, replies the second, is was absinthe.
Beale's Party would be drinking moonshine from the Peaks of Otter, its all about Virginia, you know, replied the third.
It was a French thing with Bonaparte connexions.
Yes, but in involved Girard's opium trade with Mexico Sherman taking it to Bedford county.
But with Graham as a part of a international government banker conspiracy.
Are you talking about the Beale Papers the bar tender inquired?
Beale was just a delivery boy, a pawn in their game.
No, Beale was really Lafitte.
I solved the ciphers and its all about Peter Fitch and Reine Lister.
The bar tender delivered glasses of what he believed the three ordered.
They all complained that their order was wrong, it wasn't what Thomas Beale, sometimes with a "J" would drink.
I'll tell you what Beale would have drank replied the bartender, if you all what to go all the way into the Beale treasure mystery.
Dumfounded by the bartenders retort, they stared back open mouthed like a foundering carp on land.
I'll tell you as the bartender spun around, jumped up and down, landed upon the bar, staring down at the three.
Nothing, Beale drank nothing. It was only a dime novel sold to raise funds for a Mason charity, and you all have wasted years in search of a fantasy.
So where are our drinks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread