RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
propointer,350,AT pro(rarely use,prefer 350).
Primary Interest:
Other
my mars! 12140990_1175957485751838_1188815206771524915_o.jpg 12113545_1175957289085191_4548912013453315399_o.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Baby Deer001.jpg
One of my favorite pictures, the fawn thought she was well hidden. This picture was taken on Beatty's Butte, in the Oregon high desert.
Sam bitting water 2a.jpg
Sam biting the water coming out of the hose.
cat tracks001.jpg
Cougar
fox7.jpg
fox
fox6.jpg
3A.jpg
9A.jpg
birds1.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bareback bronc.jpg
Here's a picture I took, that I'm proud of. Got the rule of thirds by accident on this one. Taken during my college days.
DaleShoot.jpg
My son snapped this picture of me shooting off my horse. Had to try it out just once, just to see how it would work out. The gun is a smooth bore, flintlock musket loaded with a black powder blank. I told my kid if the horse starts bucking, keep taking pictures. He didn't buck, but he had an additional gear I had no idea was there. He could really scoot when motivated.
Gary stump0001.jpg
Gary.jpg
These are a couple of pictures I took Elk hunting a few years ago. That tree fell across the road after we had passed through there that morning. We took the picture on the way out.
N Umpqua scenes2.jpg
This is the North Umpqua river, early morning during deer season.
stuck on a rock.jpg
This one goes back a long time. We were antelope hunting in Eastern Oregon, and were following a very thin trace of a road down off a high ridge to the valley floor. I cut a corner too close and hung up on a rock that was hidden in the sage brush. Thank God for handy man jacks, there was nobody for miles around to help out.
And there you go, several hunting pictures with no dead animals in them.

I don't know how the last two pictures below this entry ended up where they are, and I don't know how to get rid of them. I was starting a different post, and thought I'd lost everything, so started again with a different set of pictures. Oh well. That's Dolly Dog, and a local bird, what kind I don't know.

Attachments

• Dolly.jpg
    Dolly.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 310
  • birds5-2.jpg
    birds5-2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10540651_10204777579898008_3926636383997405403_o.jpg

My two Blues.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
2013Hunt1.jpg
Another hunting picture, this one was taken in 2013, in the woods a few miles behind my house.
DSC00005.jpg
Fall in western Oregon. The spider chose a poison oak bush for it's home. I've been known to catch a grass hopper and put it in a web. You can hear the crunch when the spider
bites that grasshopper.
DSC00003.jpg
Sunrise on a fall morning.
DSC00001.jpg
Above the fog, looking west.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My Daughter's puppy.
Koa wood plant holders I make.
Turquoise (Raw Morenci) that I had for 40 years about 350 carats.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
????

Last edited:

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a pic of a 14 year-old Mongol girl the moment she released her eagle to hunt. I didn't take the pic, but it captures how I feel about being outside with nature. TPmk8Fu.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some more pictures. These date back to the summer of 1955.
Arctic Night.jpg
One o'clock in the morning, 400 miles from the north pole.
The cold war was going on, and the government built a line of radar stations across the top of Alaska and Canada. It was called the "Distant Early Warning Line," or to those involved it was the "DEW Line." WWII was finished ten years before, and the Korean war was involved in peace talks, still on going in 2015 I think. The government assembled the largest number of ships since WWII, and probably to this day there hasn't been a convoy that large. There were two groups of ships, the western fleet that sailed east into the Coronation Gulf on top of Canada, and an eastern fleet that sailed west into the same area. We were 66 days at sea before the ships were unloaded and heading home.
arctic.jpg

northwind towing.jpg
Under tow by the U.S. Coast Guard ice breaker "North Wind."
arctic3 northwind.jpg
USGC Ice Breaker North Wind.
1northwind.jpg
The North Wind Would run up on the ice and the weight of ship would break the solid sheet of ice.
point barrow.jpg
The beach at Point Barrow, Alaska.
point barrow 3.jpg
Point Barrow, this picture was taken in June we were just starting. When we had all the cargo unloaded and leaving the arctic, the sea right here was totally covered with ice.
Mike 8 on beach.jpg
The cargo was hauled to the beach for unloading using landing craft.
ship and ice.jpg

loading mike boat.jpg
Bringing a "Mike boat" aboard the ship. Officially these boats were called Landing Craft Mechanized, or more conmanly LCM, or Mike boats. 55 feet long, weighing something like 50 tons, twin screws and rudders, and twin Gray Marine Diesel engines. I don't know if the Navy still has any of these boats around, seems to me the Amphibious forces use hoover craft and helicopters now days. As a young sailor I drove LCM's, and I loved it. It was a real rush driving that boat through the surf onto the beach, then backing off through the surf.

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with...

Duplicate post.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread