RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flora-1.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to both those spots AARC. We go to the fort quite a bit on fishing trips and I commercialr fished out of there for years. Found some cannons off loggerhead key once, ill have to photograph them. We go past santa margarita and atocha every time. Sometimes see the magruder and other boats of the fishers working it.
The other island is a private home but I dream about owning it every time I pass it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-357.JPG
I dont usually think about treasure symbols much , but when im in the islands I keep my eyes open for this stuff. Harbour island was a known pirate haunt as many of the greats coasted through here. So im walking through town on my way to the beach, and I look into a backyard and see a very old gumbo limbo tree growing out of some stone rubble and low and behold on the trunk about 10 feet up is the "looking at treasure" symbol. Its the one on the first row far right. This tree has stone blocks piled arond the trunck about 3 feet up. The gumbo limbo or kahmalami tree was a favorite marker for pirates. Im going back in 10 days and will post some pics. Ill let you guys decide if im crazy or not. Its definitely interesting. I cant stop thinking about it. The eye with centered pupil. Its an old tree for sure but 200 + years seems impossible. Could be a natural mark of some sort. It does look more convincing than most marks ive seen on this site. The square stones piled around the trunk...... hmmmm.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1408205
I dont usually think about treasure symbols much , but when im in the islands I keep my eyes open for this stuff. Harbour island was a known pirate haunt as many of the greats coasted through here. So im walking through town on my way to the beach, and I look into a backyard and see a very old gumbo limbo tree growing out of some stone rubble and low and behold on the trunk about 10 feet up is the "looking at treasure" symbol. Its the one on the first row far right. This tree has stone blocks piled arond the trunck about 3 feet up. The gumbo limbo or kahmalami tree was a favorite marker for pirates. Im going back in 10 days and will post some pics. Ill let you guys decide if im crazy or not. Its definitely interesting. I cant stop thinking about it. The eye with centered pupil. Its an old tree for sure but 200 + years seems impossible. Could be a natural mark of some sort. It does look more convincing than most marks ive seen on this site. The square stones piled around the trunk...... hmmmm.

Blak bart - you are DEFINITELY onto something...!
You need a HUGE coil for your machine, or maybe a GPR to see if there is something below that tree...!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-360.JPG
Bahamian beehive stove early 1800s

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
They hung this poor guy too but never proved he was part of the gang.

They hung this poor guy too but never proved he was part of the gang. Poor Birdie.jpg

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shackleton ????

you might be right, as the Franklinexpedidtion had two ships ad both have been found,
mostly intact. Shackleton salvaged his (ships?), as the ice slowly chrushed them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread