RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now...

I kow many may at first think... "a suit of armor"...

Um... all I can say is...

IF you are not familiar... of all the things in this world that impress me... errr things made by man anyway... antiquity wise...

There is nothing that compares to the craftsmanship of suits of armor.

IF you don't believe me...

You must read / watch what actually has to go into producing a suit like the one pictured above.

Blows me away.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cherry blossoms in High Park 001.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG found with the kyayk and looking glass bucket. Sweet !! Was gonna take another look today but missed the tide and no sunlight today. It aint going anywhere,

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine
42c2f2e3960fa31628c3c3df031d9acc.jpg
I still have one. Bought 25 years ago for $50 used, never could get any depth out of it and gb is lock in. 20180123_083905.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still have one. Bought 25 years ago for $50 used, never could get any depth out of it and gb is lock in. View attachment 1540451

Used Whites for many yrs as they were the to go machine where I grew up, the Coinmaster 6000 was a great in its day. I think a Ace/basic entry machine today would run circles around the old Whites machines.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i need a few of those

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not greedy - I only need 2. The 2nd is only to prove I had the first one. :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In other words it's not expected I'll dig one up anytime soon?[emoji20]

"One shall never say never, do not let be the squasher of your dreams."

Geez that doesn't sound too bad for off the top of the head.:tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Allegory of Vanity, a vanitas completed by Antonio de Pereda between 1632 and 1636. Works in this category of symbolic art, especially associated with still life paintings of 16th- and 17th-century Flanders and the Netherlands, refer to the traditional Christian view of earthly life and the worthless nature of all earthly goods and pursuits. The Latinnoun vanĭtās means "emptiness" and derives its prominence from Ecclesiastes. Common symbols in vanitas include skulls, rotten fruit; bubbles; smoke, watches, hourglasses, and musical instruments.

Antonio_de_Pereda_-_Allegory_of_Vanity_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a scary reminder of what we encountered during our travels.

20yrs after the ban DDT in the States we saw it for sale in other countries, like Fiji, SE Asia.

This photo is of the typical stores one would encounter along the street in a neighbourhood. What kind of freaked us out was the spraying for malaria carrying mosquitoes. Shop owners were running out of store fronts with cages containing their pet bird.

No regard to spraying anything or everything, fruits, vegetables, products got hit. Having already purchased the daily ration of juicy mango, we couldn't help but to think on the quality of the fruit.

Yogyakarta Java, Indonesia

IMG_20160102_0225.jpg

Side note: Beedi is a widely used product

A simple definition would be - it is a mixture of blended tobacco, wrapped in beedi leaves, cut to size, tied up with a thread, roasted in an oven to remove moisture and to give that inimitable flavour that brings indefinable joy to the smokers. The manufacturing of beedies initially consists of the garnering of raw materials- tobacco to be procured from certain areas of Nipani in Karnataka and Gujarat, and Beedi leaves from far flung places like Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa.
10by10.gif
The tobacco is then blended in desirable proportions and the beedi leaves are selected and cut to uniform size. The secret of a good beedi lies in the blending of tobacco and it is as such treated as a trade secret.

After this, by sheer dint of experience, the skilled worker with his deft fingers just rolls the beedi at one stroke, flat at the smoking end and round at the lighting end. It is tied at the flat end with a cotton thread of a particular colour chosen to identify the manufacturer.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a scary reminder of what we encountered during our travels.

20yrs after the ban DDT in the States we saw it for sale in other countries, like Fiji, SE Asia.

This photo is of the typical stores one would encounter along the street in a neighbourhood. What kind of freaked us out was the spraying for malaria carrying mosquitoes. Shop owners were running out of store fronts with cages containing their pet bird.

No regard to spraying anything or everything, fruits, vegetables, products got hit. Having already purchased the daily ration of juicy mango, we couldn't help but to think on the quality of the fruit.

Yogyakarta Java, Indonesia

View attachment 1540521

Side note: Beedi is a widely used product

A simple definition would be - it is a mixture of blended tobacco, wrapped in beedi leaves, cut to size, tied up with a thread, roasted in an oven to remove moisture and to give that inimitable flavour that brings indefinable joy to the smokers. The manufacturing of beedies initially consists of the garnering of raw materials- tobacco to be procured from certain areas of Nipani in Karnataka and Gujarat, and Beedi leaves from far flung places like Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa.
10by10.gif
The tobacco is then blended in desirable proportions and the beedi leaves are selected and cut to uniform size. The secret of a good beedi lies in the blending of tobacco and it is as such treated as a trade secret.

After this, by sheer dint of experience, the skilled worker with his deft fingers just rolls the beedi at one stroke, flat at the smoking end and round at the lighting end. It is tied at the flat end with a cotton thread of a particular colour chosen to identify the manufacturer.

So how do we get the gold pepper !!! You know its there !!! I saw the trillon dollar vault article !! What about raw gemstones and that silver you were talking about?? What would they trade for, what do they need ??

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So how do we get the gold pepper !!! You know its there !!! I saw the trillon dollar vault article !! What about raw gemstones and that silver you were talking about?? What would they trade for, what do they need ??

We went into a bank in Jakarta to do a $$$ exchange and we waited, and waited for 20 minutes. Sitting there watching men rolling these large laundry tub sized bins around stacked full of money.
Folks were nodding, smiling, carry on like nothing was out of the ordinary. A woman finally approached us in a slight bowed manner, smiling hands clasped, and asked us if she could be of some assistance?
We explained that we wanted to exchange some US money and then she broke out in a apologetic smile and said "I think you'll have to go to a smaller bank as this is the head Bank Of Indonesia" We broke out laughing and we then apologized to her for coming in there. :laughing7:
It was one photo I wish I had taken as it was kind of crazy seeing so much money at one time, in one place.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds