RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• LethbridgeViaduct10.jpg
    LethbridgeViaduct10.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet people parachute off that sucker.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Some foot bridges for the devil may care types....lol.

Attachments

• foot bridge1.jpg
    foot bridge1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 50
  • footbridge2.jpg
    footbridge2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 49
  • footbridge3.JPG
    footbridge3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • footbridge4.jpg
    footbridge4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 55
  • footbridge5.jpg
    footbridge5.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrgggg that last photo makes me cringe at the thought of being at the end of that stream of people...

Sheesh... I don't like heights at all...

I can see myself IF I HAD to go over that...

This would be me...

"Excuse me... pardon me... excuse me... step aside please... move over I need to pass... emergency... coming through... thank you... please stand very still... thanks you...

In an extreme hurry thanks... hello how are you... I am late thank you thank you... excuse me ... excuse me ... extremely ill and dying from contagious something or another..."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AARC,

Thanks for the chuckles...I'm not a big fan of heights either when visiting one of my brothers in British Columbia he took us to a nearby mountain where they had an observation deck overlooking the edge of the mountain down a deep ravine. I skipped walking over to the deck it had to be at least 1,000 feet high or more....lol.

Back in my single days one of the crazy guys in our group of friends was terrified of flying so what does he do?? he takes up flying lessons to conquer his fear and it did the trick they even wrote him up in the local newspaper.

Regards + HH

Bill

Arrgggg that last photo makes me cringe at the thought of being at the end of that stream of people...

This would be me...

"Excuse me... pardon me... excuse me... step aside please... move over I need to pass... emergency... coming through... thank you... please stand very still... thanks you...

In an extreme hurry thanks... hello how are you... I am late thank you thank you... excuse me ... excuse me ... extremely ill and dying from contagious something or another..."

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know when I was younger and "stupider" than I am now... err or ummmmm at least equally stupid only less choosy :P

Anyway... I grew up jumping off crazy stuff like bridges into waterways... no probs... roofs into pools... climb trees to top... do flips off massive rope swings... no problem.

At some point I remember... I was about to do one of those stupid arse things when it dawned on me... the thought of me "#%$ing up" crossed my mind... and that began my "change".

Also... seeing someone else screw up made me think as well... eerrr it helped anyway :P

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

This would be me...

I hate high heights too Mate! A problem of aging I think. Never was afraid when I was younger.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Folks,

The highest trestle bridge in the world at 314 feet the Lethbridge Viaduct in Canada....not the best bridge to cross in you're afraid of heights...lol.

Try carrying a sheet of plywood across on a breezy day. Worked on this bridge in 1975/76 with the B&B Gang out of Calgary.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
A nice Wallpaper for those who like pirates too.

Attachments

• Pirate Wallpaper.jpg
    Pirate Wallpaper.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's another one I worked on in the Roger's pass

Stoney Creek Bridge is a 200-metre-long (656 ft) truss arch bridge in British Columbia, Canada. It carries the Canadian Pacific Railway single track of 90 m (295 ft) over the Stoney Creek, between Revelstoke and Golden. A wooden bridge was originally built on the site in 1885, and the current steel structure was built in 1893. A second set of arches was added in 1929 to handle heavier traffic. The original bridge was the tallest wooden bridge in the world at that time.

title.jpg

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
simply a BEAUTY !!

Emeralds and gold - never have seen a better looking combination.

Was found by a treasure hunter on the Florida beach.... (after I lost it! :laughing7:)

Attachments

• The precious !.jpg
    The precious !.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 46

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

If memory serves me correctly that ring is 24k gold with near perfect emeralds from South America and was off a sunken Spanish Galeon ship.

How do I know it was found by none other than Gary Drayton who's a member of TNet....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

simply a BEAUTY !!

Emeralds and gold - never have seen a better looking combination.

Was found by a treasure hunter on the Florida beach.... (after I lost it! :laughing7:)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's another bridge that I will never forget as I was 16 yrs old working on a R/R Gang. We had to carry 3/4" sheets of plywood across this bridge for a movie shoot.
The Fraser River was in full spring run-off mode and the water was just below the bridge.
The wind was howling that day, no safety gear, and I'll always remember this guy Donny say behind me "Jimmy if you go over just hang on to the sheet and don't let go, cause if you don't you're dead"
The death grip was applied with every sheet, and still till this day I remember that one all too well. Making $3.15 an hr :headbang:
4997329428_f23896fe84.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah ... and that emerald and gold almost made banner.

Almost as cool as my pristine pulltab find. :P

jkjhkjhkjh.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah ... and that emerald and gold almost made banner.

Almost as cool as my pristine pulltab find. :P

Oh so typical of a poster in thinking that their find is in pristine condition, you know truthfully it only gets a EF to AU rating at best.:tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread