RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
23raai.gif "supposedly", this was an elaborate prank. All I can say is that if they did this to me, they would have found a couple bodies in the canyon below. I hate bridges that you can see through. I can remember when I was a little kid and my parents went to the Royal Gorge. They would not leave me on the other side and pick me up later, so I buried myself in the backseat floor. Of course when they told us the story that a herd of elephants could walk across with no problem, but if a pack of dogs were to walk across, then it would start swaying, that did not help at all.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Hiking in the wife was scared Sh**less, couldn't sleep the night before coming out along the trail again. No option one way in-one way out, so off we go and she asked "When do we get to that part?"
Oh we passed it back there about a half mile ago.:dontknow::laughing7:

Easy to explain if a person is right handed then going in (like the video pic shows) then it's scary as the body seems to go over the edge.
Coming out the cliff is (on the right) a security blanket type of feeling as the body leans in towards it.

Pepper, If you and your wife love such things, you HAVE to visit Madeira!

Just use google image search with Madeira and Hiking Trails!

The highest mountains on Madeira are 1800 Meters high and there are trails where it goes straight down 5 or 600 meters.
Many people died there when they build the water channels for the very dry south.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering since most of these people have passed to the Silver Screen above. Definitely some of my favorites and I wasn't aware they had a Canadian background. Great actors.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
pepperj, was that picture of deer taken on your deck ?
Nice picture.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Just googled her.
Seems I need to open a new collection after I have all (and I mean ALL in highest resolution!) from Betty Page. (collected sinc ethe first day on internet) I know...shame on me :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don´t understand I never heard from Mae West....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1546455 "supposedly", this was an elaborate prank. All I can say is that if they did this to me, they would have found a couple bodies in the canyon below. I hate bridges that you can see through. I can remember when I was a little kid and my parents went to the Royal Gorge. They would not leave me on the other side and pick me up later, so I buried myself in the backseat floor. Of course when they told us the story that a herd of elephants could walk across with no problem, but if a pack of dogs were to walk across, then it would start swaying, that did not help at all.

Nope, not a prank. It's part of a new bridge in China, and some of the higher-ups thought it'd be a great idea to make these special panels.

The panels are made of several layers, many sensors (to follow the pressure of someone walking), and some means of making real-looking cracks form. The cracks self-heal, ready for the next "victim".

On a different portion of that same bridge, there was a tour guide who was leading a group. Someone from the group dropped an aluminum drinking cup which hit the glass jjjjjuuuuuuust right, causing one of the 3 layers of glass to crack -- FOR REAL!! There was another spot on that or a similar bridge that cracked, but I can't remember the details now.

Also, there is a large panel of the self-healing glass under a portion that cars can drive over.

Here's the best video I've yet found on it:

The whole "breaking-glass-bridge" thing is really new, so there's not a lot of videos out yet.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, not a prank. It's park of a new bridge in China, and some of the higher-ups thought it'd be a great idea to make these special panels.

The panels are made of several layers, many sensors (to follow the pressure of someone walking), and some means of making real-looking cracks form. The cracks self-heal, ready for the next "victim".

On a different portion of that same bridge, there was a tour guide who was leading a group. Someone from the group dropped an aluminum drinking cup which hit the glass jjjjjuuuuuuust right, causing one of the 3 layers of glass to crack -- FOR REAL!! There was another spot on that or a similar bridge that cracked, but I can't remember the details now.

Also, there is a large panel of the self-healing glass under a portion that cars can drive over.

Here's the best video I've yet found on it:

The whole "breaking-glass-bridge" thing is really new, so there's not a lot of videos out yet.

I would NEVER EVER put only one foot on that glass bridges!
Also with "cracking sound"... Are the crazy? What happen if an old guy like me gets an heart attack and dies on that bridge after hearing this installed cracking sound??

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before out... I would like to ask...

If anyone ever sees a post that was not "liked" be me... 99.99% chance I missed it.

So... in other words... if I failed to like a post by anyone... more than likely was a mistake unless you can deem by its content that its obvious as to why I did not like it :).

Private msg with a post number.

And whilst on the subject of likes on posts...

IF I am out for any period of time I try to catch back up on my return...
Often you may see me online...

But I am not really here.

Thanks guys.
ARC

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepper, If you and your wife love such things, you HAVE to visit Madeira!

Just use google image search with Madeira and Hiking Trails!

The highest mountains on Madeira are 1800 Meters high and there are trails where it goes straight down 5 or 600 meters.
Many people died there when they build the water channels for the very dry south.

Those days are over for us, the only thing that might get me going is a river cruise through old Europe.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Before out... I would like to ask...

If anyone ever sees a post that was not "liked" be me... 99.99% chance I missed it.

So... in other words... if I failed to like a post by anyone... more than likely was a mistake unless you can deem by its content that its obvious as to why I did not like it :).

Private msg with a post number.

And whilst on the subject of likes on posts...

IF I am out for any period of time I try to catch back up on my return...
Often you may see me online...

But I am not really here.

Thanks guys.
ARC

I've made LOTS of posts that you have not liked! ...Of course, they're on another forum. :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simon,

Dan Aykroyd and William Shatner are still around. Keep in mind some of these actors and actresses were around quite awhile ago.

Ill post up a few more entertainment types shortly from the Great White North...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

I was wondering since most of these people have passed to the Silver Screen above. Definitely some of my favorites and I wasn't aware they had a Canadian background. Great actors.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

A few more Canucks that you may know. I almost forgot Mike Myers....lol.

Attachments

• MV5BMTQwMjAwNzI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY1MTMyOQ.jpg
    MV5BMTQwMjAwNzI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY1MTMyOQ.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Howie mandel.jpg
    Howie mandel.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 63
  • 200px-Rich_Little_Hawaii_Five-O_1976.JPG
    200px-Rich_Little_Hawaii_Five-O_1976.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions