17 year cicadas pics

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meal worms are pretty sour tasting, raw anyway. Don't know about cooked. Grasshoppers don't really taste like anything, but are a bit crunchy (leg are the "good" parts). Silk worm cacoons taste like liver when boiled. I don't like those at all. Ants are kind of like rice crispies. Good with chocolate. :D

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I haven't seen or heard them in MO yet. Really suprised, they are usually pretty numerous when they emerge.

OP
OP
-MURPH-

-MURPH-

Apr 25, 2005
DUI=digging under the influence
Detector(s) used
whites-DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more pics

Attachments

• michaelf200701small.jpg
    michaelf200701small.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 238
  • michaelf200702small.jpg
    michaelf200702small.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 223
  • lcfpday1.jpg
    lcfpday1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 234
  • roy2007adultslsmall.jpg
    roy2007adultslsmall.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 233

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok,i'm a believer,woods around ohare are FULL of the buggers,felt like the air was vibrating

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
ummmm i think im gonna pass on eating bugs... for now. I'm just not that hungry. Think i'll stick to something good... like hot weiners, or those great tasting "dirty water dogs" from the hot dog stand on the side of the street...

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
;D Great pics Weebee, I've heard people call them locusts and seventeen year locusts, as well as cicadas. I guess people from different locales have different names for them, but everyone who
has heard their loud noise can relate the same experience.

The first time I saw and heard them was about six years ago in the Roanoke Valley area of NC, they covered a wooded area beside the highway for about 1/4 mile and you could hear them a half mile or more before you get to them.
I guess after 17 years of hibernation or whatever reason they don't come out, they have a short time, and a lot to say. Hehe.
SS

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got'em outside by my work,its like a sci-fi movie,and their LOUD

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Went through a hatch in Tenn. some years ago. When you drove by a grove of trees you could hear them even with the windows up. They also have a bad habit of lighting on your shoulder, crawling up near your ear and taking off with a real hellish scream!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions