Ohio first grader suspended for shooting pretend bow and arrow.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure am glad I'm not a kid growing up now ! They would throw me under the jail. We used to play "Army", can't imagine what that principal would think about that.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 10 years ago my kid got suspended for using the word "shank" instead of "knife"... I forget the context of the conversation, but needless to say, he didn't get grounded...just spoken to.

S

stefen

Gee...from a parochial school none-the-less. Hummmmmm

Wonder what happens on St. Valentines Day and a kid pretends to shoot an arrow at Mary Jane?

Oh! That's so cute.

Time to dust off the pillars and stocks.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to sit out recess for one week as a bunch of us were throwing dirt clods at each other in first grade :happy1::boxing::boxing: and one had a rock in it and bloodied one kid, no telling what would happen today

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Gee...from a parochial school none-the-less. Hummmmmm

Wonder what happens on St. Valentines Day and a kid pretends to shoot an arrow at Mary Jane?

Oh! That's so cute.

Time to dust off the pillars and stocks.
A Catholic school...?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I like the parents response, you can't and shouldn't limit a kids imagination. The principal is very rigid. Can't imagine he was much fun to play with as a kid.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember to keep political comments out of posts..

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't imagine growing up now as a child.... These STUPID rules/ideas today would have earned me a life or death sentence today. And many of you would be right there with me also!!! Today... there are so many people poking their nose into others business. A child shooting an imaginary bow and arrow, pointing a finger gun or chewing a pop tart into a "wrong" shape is NOBODY'S business. There children!!

And for those of you who think a child is wrong in doing this.... Come to my home and I'll show you the difference between imaginary and real.

And YES.... this was meant to offend some folks. You know who you are... I hope some of my grand-kids come over today so we can shoot the guns and have a pop tart for a snack.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone with a touch of common sense knows who's to blame for these fools being in-charge of our schools. So sad.....so sad.........:BangHead:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today.... came you even imagine what would happen if some 10+ year old came to school with some spent .22 cartridges or... OH MY... a live .22 round in his pocket ????? !!!!!!

It would probably be the end of the world for little "Johnny" and his parents.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And let's not be tolerating any frightening "pew-pew-pew " noises too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread