Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bolt cutters stay in the shed.
I wonder if he could rap that lock like that, if it was attached to a mean dogs' chain around it's head. :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Locks keep honest people honest.

Every lock (sans Medeco) is fairly easy to bypass in one fashion or another.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true.

WHATEVER YOU DO! Do not use the 4 wheel master combo locks for anything except looks. With a lifter they can be opened in under 2 seconds. My theory is if I can open one in under 2 seconds a crook can probably do it in 1. Master doesn't really give a bleep about their customers. The gentleman from TOOOL has sent them letters, gone to their corporate offices and shown them how vulnerable their products are and they just blow him off. My work was using the combo locks for some equipment that was supposed to be secured against theft and especially tampering. I did a presentation for the big wigs, opening 11 in just a couple minutes. The only response I got was from a Dept head that said you do all the keys for everything so you're an expert. I replied back, doesn't take an expert to bend a paper clip....... Two weeks later I was told to cost out better pad locks. Needless to say we upgraded to pancake locks until I could find a cheap supplier for mil-spec combo locks. As far as rapping a master padlock goes, you can rake one open almost as fast.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the problem Master doesn't want to do any explaining or make ANY fixes to their products. Guess the best you can do is be diligent and spend a few bucks more for better locks. Lesson here..... Don't just grab a lock off the hook in the store. Check out the European locks, they take pride in their products and turn out better than what we'll probably ever see here in the states.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread