Anti rant thread, post your good deeds here. I CHALLENGE YOU!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I let my neighbors live to see another day...sure their family really appreciates it :)

Kidding kidding,
Seriously, I do a lot of nice things for people. Been helping my father lately get some things in order.
I'm the random guy holding the door open for you at stores and restaurants.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
This thread just keeps on proving what I knew already.....T-net is full of awesome people! I pray God blesses you all for being such generous, loving people!

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Thought I would add my good deed. Decided to go and do some detecting this afternoon. Went to a place that I have been to many times. This place is out in the middle of no where and I just like going to do some thinking and relaxing. Well the older lady that lives there was home so I went up to tell her I was there. She is a very sweet lady and I worry about her being alone. Her husband died last spring and she takes care of this place all by herself. She told me she had been out hoeing in the garden and was taking a break. She said she had tried to get the tiller started and it pulled back real hard on her and tore the skin on her hand. Yep she will be 80 and still uses the tiller in her garden. Well after about 15 minutes of trying to let me help till the garden, she gave in. I tilled between the rows for her and got everything put away for her. It really does make you feel good helping others.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my good deed was to all my fellow tneters,i never post my pic in mug shots,i believe i saved many lives that day ;D

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

Reminds me of "Pay It Forward". . what a great way to start or end the day! Wonderful idea ;D . . huge soft squishy kudos to you Boobydoo!! :D

The best deed I can recall that I have ever performed happened quite some time ago when I was working . . I don't drive so I walk just about everywhere . . I had just "picked" up the kids from school, gotten them to the house, all settled when I began my trek to work, which was 2 & 1/2 miles from where I reside . . I was running a bit behind so I knew I would have to be doing some serious speed walking to assure I would not be late . . I had turned the corner at the end of our block when this little dog with HUGE teeth decided it would take great joy at watching me play hopscotch without the board!! As skipping about & thinking rather unpleasant thoughts about the critter I heard a lady say "Oh! Don't worry! He doesn't bite!" . . watching the snapping jaws all I could think was "Yeah sure ya right!!" >:( then I looked up to see an elderly lady sitting down at the curb across the street smiling up at me . . wasn't sure why she was there & was almost about to move on when I inquired if she was okay . . still smiling she explained she had fallen, had a bad hip & could not get up . . she also stated that eventually her son would be returning & he would help her . . zig zagging the dog I made my way over to her & between the two of us we figured out how to help her up, I walked her to her house & listened to her talk a bit, made sure she got in okay then scurried off figuring I was going to be extremely late for work! Guess what? I was early!! Doing the nice deed must have had me walking on air!! ;D

In the food stores I will stop & help others who are having a hard time getting products off the shelf . . I go to my daughters Elementary a bit earlier in the morning to remove the cigarette packs, drug bags, beer bottles, broken glass & so forth before the kids come out there to play . . why? being nice to others? Maybe, maybe ??? . . but honestly I get a good feeling at doing little things. . selfish? Yeah ;D ;D ;D

Gotta tell you this ;D . . I now not only walk my child to & from school but have a few other kids who come along as well . . the kids pick up peoples trash cans & set them up right including with lids on them . . as well take peoples newspapers to their doorsteps! Never told the kids too . . never asked them too . . it was their own ideas & I love love love this !!! Sometimes it takes sooooooo much longer to get to where we are headed but in the end . . ;D nice! nice!! nice!!! ;D

Bogart :D

Southernhunter

Sep 21, 2006
Florida
SouthernHunter, I don't live in your area but I have been in a position where my kids and I received that anonymous help. I know I speak for those whom you helped in saying their thanks transcend words and the difference it made was profound.

I appreciate the positive feedback. It felt good to brighten someone else's Holiday if I could :) By the replies on this thread, it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Kudos to all of you, for kindnesses great and small!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i throw the sunday paper out the window
one sheet at a time as i drive my car
so the street sweeper will have a job ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you both have done a good deed ;D

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I just posted an evil one in the anti-doo thread... so here's a good one.

Around x-mas of this past year, i found out through the grapevine that one on my clients was in severe financial difficulty. No cash, behind several months in the bills, and house about to be foreclosed on. I received a favorable settlement for another client and instead of taking my entire fee, I gave about 1/2 to the distressed client. It was enough to keep their house from being foreclosed on.

I slipped it into his car window one night... never mentioned it to him or anyone else. A couple of mutual friends have asked me if i did it... I've denied it every time.

steve

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
that one is definitely worthy of good deed status. I can't even imagine how grateful a person would feel in that situation! Thanks

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Definitely a good deed. ;D
Random acts of kindness..that's what it is all about. :)
My aunt used to say "Kindness costs nothing but it is priceless to the people you give it to."
;D

DD

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Used to live across the complex from a little lady who tended bar down the street.
We all got to calling her Momma ... that's just how she treated us. Her kids treated her rather poorly so we all made it a point to remember birthdays, anniversaries Christmas...
one day her kid borrowed the car and brought it back with a ruined motor.
My brother and I cornered the Kid and corralled him for enough cash to pay for the parts,
while Momma was at work that day and the next we rebuilt the engine and got it all fixed up with new tires brakes and paint.
Gave Momma the Keys she cried like a baby.
She tried to pay us ... I asked her
"We call you Momma, Right?"
"Yes."
"Momma, that means you're family.
There is things my Momma doesn't pay for."
She drove that car 'til she died.

Better than sewing up my own horses I guess. LOL

You guys are super!

OD

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
gypsyheart said:
How about Something I did to make someone else feel better! :D :D
Went to pick up some lumber and tin roofing at Menards.(Building a covered porch on my potting shed...) Walked around the entire store for two hours....just because I love the way it smells :D Decided I better go across the street to Home Depot and check their prices .
Got to Home Depot and went to open the door and couldnt find my wallet. Oh my Gosh....It has my life in it :'( Went back to Menards and reported it...No wallet....The courtesy young man at the door helped me search the parking lot for an hour....no luck.
I couldnt believe it ...drove straight to the bank...emptied my checking and savings and cancelled my cards....praying the entire time that someone would please find it and return it.
The day got longer and longer and I knew I had better start cancelling the rest of my cards. Just then there was a knock at the door . A young man who was obvisiously handicapped asked me if I had lost a wallet. I started happily jumping up and down and he said his mom was in the car with it. I walked out to the street to see this harried looking lady with three more handicapped children in her car. She handed me the wallet and said " The Lord told me to do the right thing" . She had found it in the parking lot of Home Depot...it must have fallen out when I startwed to get out.I couldnt believe that she had brought that wallet all the way back to my house. I asked her if she wanted anything for it and she said no. But I gave her twenty for gas anyway, because it would have cost me way more than that to have to replace everything in that wallet.
So there ....I made someone else feel better! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wow Gypsy!! I am happy to see you got that back, amazing story.

I think it was destiny as a payback for all the wonderfull things you doo all the time. It just had to come back to you!! You must have been frantic while it was lost.

Big smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread