So? You think YOU are having a bad day Metal Detecting? It aint this...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Skippy SH13
  • 1 Post By SusanMN
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 2 Post By AARC
  • 1 Post By G.I.B.

Thread: So? You think YOU are having a bad day Metal Detecting? It aint this...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2015
    2404 times
    Metal Detecting

So? You think YOU are having a bad day Metal Detecting? It ain't this...

EDIT: No longer maintaining post.
    Last edited by Skippy SH13; Mar 16, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

us
    Sep 2011
    Southwest, CT
    Spectra V3i with wireless headphones, Bounty Hunter 505, 8" & 10.25" Coils,
    1523 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    HA!
    SPECTRA V3i, BH 505, Pro-Pointer. Lesche Digger Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver 1663 1-Reale Cob.

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Awww nuts...
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    Darrin

May 2013
    Minnesota
    Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
    1984 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    This makes me cringe........
    Trying to find the lost ~

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2918 times
    I hope he got himself down quick or that someone helped him down. Poor thing.
    Peyton Manning likes this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    4454 times
    Relic Hunting
    DAGGONE SKIP THATS ONE HELLUVA FIND . HOPE HE WAS RESCUED FROM HIS AKWARD POSITION .

Feb 2015
    2404 times
    Metal Detecting
    Me too. I only found it on the internet while trying to find an image to sympathize with a friend's recent plight at work. I'm pretty sure that he'll take a look at this, and say, "OOOooh. It could have been worse. "

Poor squirrel had to have had a REALLY bad day. One thing is for sure... he didn't hang there forever. SOMEONE took the picture. Heaven hopes that person actually HELPED the poor thing when he was done rubber-necking.

Quote Originally Posted by sutphin View Post
    DAGGONE SKIP THATS ONE HELLUVA FIND . HOPE HE WAS RESCUED FROM HIS AKWARD POSITION .

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30230 times
    Hummm, "fried squirrel oysters".....😂
    AARC likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51095 times
    That squirrel looks like he is thinking one of... if not all of... the following...

#1. Of all the places they had to put this damn food... I think they did this on purpose.
    #2. Damn this crap... I dont know why I have those things anyway.
    #3. PLEASE !!! PLEASE !!! DO NOT !!! CUT ME LOOSE ! ! !
    #3. THEY are trying to steal MY nuts !
    #5. Here I am... hanging from my balls... and they stop from helping me... TO TAKE A F$^&@#& PICTURE !
    Last edited by AARC; Dec 15, 2015 at 09:36 AM.
    SusanMN and truckinbutch like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6271 times
    Metal Detecting
    Damn.... That is NOT cool at all. Your right also... I've NEVER had a bad day (yet).

I was out archery deer hunting one day in MI. with my buddy. No wind, COLD, 4-5" of snow and it was about 9:00 am. My buddy Kevin was on one side of a marsh and me on the other. We were both real cold and we agreed to leave about 9:00 pm unless we had some deer around. Kevin radioed me and said "Well.... let's go. I'm freezing". I agreed. But, I had a fox squirrel sitting upright on a log about 25 yds. away facing me. So I decided to give it go and see if I could get the squirrel. So I changed arrows and got my "chuck" arrow out (used broadhead - still sharp). After exchanging arrows the squirrel is still sitting there upright on the log facing me. So I draw, anchor, aim and release...

All hell broke loose... the squirrel jumped about 5'-6' straight up into the air and was screaming. And I mean LOUD!!!!! Like REAL LOUD. My buddy Kevin was on the radio within 5 seconds asking what the hell is going on over there? While I heard him in my ear I was watching this squirrel roll and roll and roll all over the white snow and STILL screaming! There was blood ever where he went. He rolled and rolled screaming till he was about 30' from the log and then stopped and all was quiet (dead). I then radioed Kevin back and said I really don't know what happened. I said I shot a large fox squirrel and he just jumped straight up, started screaming and rolling. When I got up to the squirrel I felt real bad. You know what I did folks and it wasn't cool at all. Large male squirrel, sitting upright, facing me and I hit him just a little too low.

Even my buddy was ashamed of me while I was carrying the squirrel out. That was the last squirrel I ever took with an arrow.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2230 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    OMG I can't stop laughing! I had to walk out into the hall for a few minutes to compose myself because I'm at work!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51095 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    That squirrel looks like he is thinking one of... if not all of... the following...

#1. Of all the places they had to put this damn food... I think they did this on purpose.
    #2. Damn this crap... I dont know why I have those things anyway.
    #3. PLEASE !!! PLEASE !!! DO NOT !!! CUT ME LOOSE ! ! !
    #3. THEY are trying to steal MY nuts !
    #5. Here I am... hanging from my balls... and they stop from helping me... TO TAKE A F$^&@#& PICTURE !
    Edited
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Everyone is making some common assumptions.

Mr. Squirrel could be thinking, "Gwad- this feels great. Now, if that hot possum would just come over here and start spanking me with that stick..."
    AARC likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    John E.

May 2014
    West Lancaster
    Sears GEB 321, and a Fisher F2.
    1 times
    Relic Hunting
    Was this critter alive? Did you try and free ot? Curious.

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6271 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Scout View Post
    Was this critter alive? Did you try and free ot? Curious.
    Re-read the thread.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links