So? You think YOU are having a bad day Metal Detecting? It aint this...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Awww nuts...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he got himself down quick or that someone helped him down. Poor thing.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DAGGONE SKIP THATS ONE HELLUVA FIND . HOPE HE WAS RESCUED FROM HIS AKWARD POSITION .

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. I only found it on the internet while trying to find an image to sympathize with a friend's recent plight at work. I'm pretty sure that he'll take a look at this, and say, "OOOooh. It could have been worse. "

Poor squirrel had to have had a REALLY bad day. One thing is for sure... he didn't hang there forever. SOMEONE took the picture. Heaven hopes that person actually HELPED the poor thing when he was done rubber-necking.

DAGGONE SKIP THATS ONE HELLUVA FIND . HOPE HE WAS RESCUED FROM HIS AKWARD POSITION .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm, "fried squirrel oysters".....😂

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That squirrel looks like he is thinking one of... if not all of... the following...

#1. Of all the places they had to put this damn food... I think they did this on purpose.
#2. Damn this crap... I dont know why I have those things anyway.
#3. PLEASE !!! PLEASE !!! DO NOT !!! CUT ME LOOSE ! ! !
#3. THEY are trying to steal MY nuts !
#5. Here I am... hanging from my balls... and they stop from helping me... TO TAKE A F$^&@#& PICTURE !

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn.... That is NOT cool at all. Your right also... I've NEVER had a bad day (yet).

I was out archery deer hunting one day in MI. with my buddy. No wind, COLD, 4-5" of snow and it was about 9:00 am. My buddy Kevin was on one side of a marsh and me on the other. We were both real cold and we agreed to leave about 9:00 pm unless we had some deer around. Kevin radioed me and said "Well.... let's go. I'm freezing". I agreed. But, I had a fox squirrel sitting upright on a log about 25 yds. away facing me. So I decided to give it go and see if I could get the squirrel. So I changed arrows and got my "chuck" arrow out (used broadhead - still sharp). After exchanging arrows the squirrel is still sitting there upright on the log facing me. So I draw, anchor, aim and release...

All hell broke loose... the squirrel jumped about 5'-6' straight up into the air and was screaming. And I mean LOUD!!!!! Like REAL LOUD. My buddy Kevin was on the radio within 5 seconds asking what the hell is going on over there? While I heard him in my ear I was watching this squirrel roll and roll and roll all over the white snow and STILL screaming! There was blood ever where he went. He rolled and rolled screaming till he was about 30' from the log and then stopped and all was quiet (dead). I then radioed Kevin back and said I really don't know what happened. I said I shot a large fox squirrel and he just jumped straight up, started screaming and rolling. When I got up to the squirrel I felt real bad. You know what I did folks and it wasn't cool at all. Large male squirrel, sitting upright, facing me and I hit him just a little too low.

Even my buddy was ashamed of me while I was carrying the squirrel out. That was the last squirrel I ever took with an arrow.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG I can't stop laughing! I had to walk out into the hall for a few minutes to compose myself because I'm at work!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That squirrel looks like he is thinking one of... if not all of... the following...

#1. Of all the places they had to put this damn food... I think they did this on purpose.
#2. Damn this crap... I dont know why I have those things anyway.
#3. PLEASE !!! PLEASE !!! DO NOT !!! CUT ME LOOSE ! ! !
#3. THEY are trying to steal MY nuts !
#5. Here I am... hanging from my balls... and they stop from helping me... TO TAKE A F$^&@#& PICTURE !

Edited

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone is making some common assumptions.

Mr. Squirrel could be thinking, "Gwad- this feels great. Now, if that hot possum would just come over here and start spanking me with that stick..."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread