Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously,,
All I can think when we find stuff like this is .

What IF "they" do come for a visit ? Are we the "main" course?
And on top of that we all KNOW what happens when a "superior" intelligence meets one that is not so intelligent eh?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Cargo Cults as a "pre-view" as to when cultures collide; it happened in the Pacific during WW II.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Today's Oregonian stated planets are quite cold, but may have running water. That suggests climate, precipitation, possibly other things...

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
This could turn into interesting Thread.:laughing7:

It all comes down to do you really think we are the only life in the universe. My belief is, "Are we the best thing the universe could do?":laughing7: I doubt it.

I was getting ready for work one morning, it was about 4 am so it was dark. I was sitting in a chair in the kitchen tying my shoes and looking out the sliding door and saw a light in the sky. Now I live about 60 miles from Ohare airport, so didn't think about it much because I see planes all the time. This one got my attention because it took along time to go over the house, and it was brighter then say landing lights. Well maybe a helicopter. So I went outside to get in the truck, and the light was still there. Didn't hear anything and I'm staring at it 'cause now I'm really trying to figure out what it is. This damn thing stopped, and shot to left and was gone in less then a quarter second'

So here's why this could be an interesting Thread. Half (if not more) of our forum is probably thinking I'm a nut case. And half may think that's interesting. And I'll bet you at least one of us has seen something that doesn't make sense.

Since then I've done a ridiculous amount of research on the interweb to see if I could find real proof of let say UFO's.(It's certainly more interesting then anything on the boobtube)

I came across Dr. Steven Greer. Now if any of you have heard of him, and seen his Vid's on youtube, here we go again, half will believe him, and half of you won't. The thing that get's me about him, is the hundreds of Military officials, and hundred's of official documents, that prove that we have and still are being visited by "things from other places". And he's been doing this for 30 years. He's either the king of nut cases, or he's telling the truth.

Now , I've also come across websites that say he's a total fraud. The web game: Trolls I think they call them. People that are hired by the people that want to keep this a secret. You know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but the biggest thing Greer is saying, is that in the '60, we had the technology to completely get rid of all energy sources that we have been using for 100 years. And free. Where did we get that technology? And who wouldn't want that to get out. Certainly not Oil companies. Certainly not the banks, that own the Oil companies. We all know that the banks and oil companies are the most honest corps. on this planet.

I'm done. All I can say is try to take some time and watch a couple of his vid's, and you make the call. He also has a documentry called "Sirius" that's now free on youtube. But if wouldn't piss you off, if we found out that we did have this technology in the 60's, and it was being hidden, well................

Do I believe? Damn right I do. Do I trust any Government? Damn right I don't. Are we the only one in the Universe? You're kidding me , right?

Sorry if I got off Thread.

Thanks, and may the force be with you.............:laughing7:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously,,
All I can think when we find stuff like this is .

What IF "they" do come for a visit ? Are we the "main" course?
And on top of that we all KNOW what happens when a "superior" intelligence meets one that is not so intelligent eh?

Or, are they not like "US", you know "shoot first, ask questions later".

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Mathematically we can't be alone.

Logically we can't be alone.

Perhaps one day when we (as a species) develops some actual intelligence we will meet our neighbors. Until then we are probably considered as galactic trash and avoided regularly.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I follow NASA on Facebook. They have revised the old probability formula of figuring out how many planets, how many have life, how many have inteeligent life and so on. Thoughts now that other cultures and civilizations did exist, but in the past. Besides, we are way out on one spiral arm of our galaxy and it would take a great accident for anyone to find us. Don't really believe in UFO's and such, but who knows? I guess The Truth Is Out There.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from merriam-webste.
the simple definition of Alien:

1.: not familiar or like other things you have known : different from what you are used to.

so would we necessarily recognize Alien life ?

2.: too different from something to be acceptable or suitable.

like maybe a virus, or other tiny - tiny creature.

it is impossible to know what the smallest organism is.
or when or how it got here.

Picture of a Sun & an exact replica of the Earth ?

splitting_the_atom_by_voolvif-d92nvan.png.jpg

http://voolvif.deviantart.com/art/Splitting-the-Atom-548668463

yes the thought is way out there. But, can it be dis-proven
that there is intelligent life being formed there ?
Is that a "Big Bang" ? & who is to say what intelligent really is ?
a worker ant may consider the queen a genius.
and the queen may be wondering if their is intelligent life outside
it's nest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only SETI knows...

and I'm not even 100% sure on that :unhappysmiley:

Alien life Millions of times Smaller, Millions of times Larger,
Millions of years Behind, and ahead of us. Or Millions of
Light years away. there is allot of "Space" out there :o

Only thing I'm confident of.
any alien life advanced enough to survive all this time,
and reach earth
is either very peaceful or Very Dangerous or both

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still remember that Episode

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I put myself through college with a science scholarship. One summer night the team(boys and girls) were laying around outside, drinking and discussing the issues that have been raised here. We wanted to get to the heart of the matter and after a few hours of debate, we decided that the question of life out there was a moot point. The discussion had turned to religion and we all came to agree that God or whatever force you believed in was the key. Something or someone had to have created the first bit of matter that became the theoretical "Big Bang" and did something create that being, energy? Spontaneous? Who knows. That's why exploration is so vital, to answer those questions. We can debate forever, but we need to go and find out. I won't live to see it, perhaps some of you will. The big thing that needs to happen is the invention of an engine that can approach light speeds. With technology doubling every couple of years now, it may not take too long. Just my 2 centavos on all that.

BUT someone needs to invent a metal detector that has a chair attached, floats like a hovercraft, digs and replaces that divot and has a food replicator that makes pizza, hamburgers and beer. Much more important to me.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The odds of us being alone in just our galaxy is remote (among billions of others). The elements that this planet possesses is surely not in short supply throughout our galaxy. So with that said .... then why wouldn't life or intelligent life not develop elsewhere?

My view here: If alien life forms have came here I bet it was thousands of years ago. If "they" now came the first thing we'd probably think of is "warfare". Hell we're still waging war among ourselves. It would be so obvious that any life form who came here was/is MUCH more intelligent than us humans are. It would scare the hell out of us. And any visitor wouldn't know where or who to contact to introduce themselves to.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something has to change in the way we understand how to apply physics or it will be no more than a curiosity. At speeds our chemical rockets can achieve it would take thousands of years to travel to even the nearest solar systems. Tens of thousands of years to get to the next galaxy over. And then, how are you going to stop?

Even at the speed of light if we said "hello" in a transmission they would get it in 40 years and we'd get "good, and you" back after an 80 year wait.

I have no doubt something we would recognize as "life" exists elsewhere in our galaxy. Statistically the chance are very good in favor of it. We probably don't have to worry about them eating us because our proteins and cellular components would likely be undigestable by their metabolisms to the point of being toxic. Even if "they" are a hydro-carbon based organism like us the chances "they" would be made up of the same amino acid molecules would be mind boggling coincidence. But there are a mind boggling number of stars in our galaxy. And a mind boggling number of galaxies we can observe in the universe. Probably a mind boggling number we can't yet see.

Pull us apart and study us like we would do a new fish drug up in a net from the ocean depths? Yes. That I can see. If they can travel here we probably would seem like rats or monkeys to them. Why try and communicate with a rat or a jellyfish?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put myself through college with a science scholarship. One summer night the team(boys and girls) were laying around outside, drinking and discussing the issues that have been raised here. We wanted to get to the heart of the matter and after a few hours of debate, we decided that the question of life out there was a moot point. The discussion had turned to religion and we all came to agree that God or whatever force you believed in was the key. Something or someone had to have created the first bit of matter that became the theoretical "Big Bang" and did something create that being, energy? Spontaneous? Who knows. That's why exploration is so vital, to answer those questions. We can debate forever, but we need to go and find out. I won't live to see it, perhaps some of you will. The big thing that needs to happen is the invention of an engine that can approach light speeds. With technology doubling every couple of years now, it may not take too long. Just my 2 centavos on all that.

BUT someone needs to invent a metal detector that has a chair attached, floats like a hovercraft, digs and replaces that divot and has a food replicator that makes pizza, hamburgers and beer. Much more important to me.

Something or someone had to have created the first bit of matter

Please don't get religious because that doesn't explain creation, existence & time either.

first Tell me Who or What created that First bit of matter,that created that first bit of matter ?
and who or what created that First bit of matter ?

I on the other hand believe Space must go on forever, or
there is a wall out there that must go on forever, or there must be more space on the other side, or we are in a atom floating in an alternate space of atoms.

and so time must be forever too.
it wasn't created by Timex.

and I can't see anything being destroyed really. changed Yes but Not gone.

I can't even imagine us all being someones dream.
Because the dreamer would also need to be someones dream, etc.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread