Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My smart phone gets the internet through a wifi connection and I don't do much on my phone except text, and was very surprised to see all the google searches that I only did on my pc... on my phone. So I assume anyone else with a smart phone catching my wifi connection would also be seeing them... a real wtf moment for me! Can anyone tell me what is going on, or better yet, how to keep the wifi but stop this interaction with the phone.

Just to explain a little more.... and it really does not make sense to me how this is happening.

The internet is digital cable. It comes in to one computer and using a hub is sent to a 2nd. Off the 2nd computer is the wifi connection, which my phone uses for the internet.

What's happening is my google searches of the first computer that the digital cable comes into are showing up on my phone.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like your phone is "paired" to your PC. When it comes to smart phones, I'm a dummy!! But the wife has a phone that we can connect using wi-fi after it's been paired. All you should need to do is go into your phone's settings, wi-fi, then look for something to do with pairing. Should be a way to select to turn off pairing -- or maybe would need to turn off wi-fi on the phone?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your phone is "paired" to your PC. When it comes to smart phones, I'm a dummy!! But the wife has a phone that we can connect using wi-fi after it's been paired. All you should need to do is go into your phone's settings, wi-fi, then look for something to do with pairing. Should be a way to select to turn off pairing -- or maybe would need to turn off wi-fi on the phone?

I think I might have figured it out. I have a gmail account and maybe it's grabbing my pc google searches and putting them on my phone? That seems to make way more sense because I don't see how my pc searches could be relayed through the other computer... and if this is the case than other smart phones would not be getting it. It's clearly something simple, I'm just simple minded. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread