Whats your favorite/funniest Nickname, how did you get it?

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
What's your favorite/funniest Nickname, how did you get it?

I know this may surprise some of you but Boobydoo is not my real name ;D.

The name I used in my Feb 2007 article in Western & Eastern Treasure magazine, Calder Hawke, is also a Pen Name and not my real name.

Someone asked me today in a PM what they should call me and that got me thinking... dangerous, I know.

What is you favorite nickname or maybe your funniest nickname and how did you come about being called by that nickname?

Boobydoo was my college nickname (bobby + scoobydoo) from my running buddies. We all had nicknames and hassled each other all in fun. I was a big time long distance runner all through high school, college, and beyond and made All American (2nd team) my Soph year in college finishing 12th in the nation in the 1981 National Marathon Championship finishing it in around 2 hours 30 minutes. I ran something like 25,000 miles in my running career... about the same as circling the globe once I think. So now you know one reason I can have the stamina to swing like a madman and keep it up for long time like this weekend. When I get motivated, I get pretty obsessive about some things and just try to doo my best ;).

My funniest nickname was "Bobby Slobby Corn On The Cobby". That was from the older kids in my neighborhood when I was under ten years old. I was (am) a skinny little runt and they were picking on me I guess.... but they couldn't catch me! ;D

I hope you'll share some stories with us. Some of the screen names here are probably nicknames. It should be entertaining.

Smiles!
BDoo

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's your favorite/funniest Nickname, how did you get it?

Huumm Wingnut was my so called biker nickname dont ask ::) AA

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

aa battery said:
Huumm Wingnut was my so called biker nickname dont ask ::) AA

Awe... come on, doo tell!!! :P

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well a rather large woman sat on my lap..... :o AA

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

The oddest nickname I had was "Gooch." Came from my brother - who was 12 yrs older - going "goochie goo" at the new arrival (me). Usually they called me by a different nickname tho - my mom was from the south where everybody has lot of nicknames. Go figure.

And I wasn't going to ask about the "wingnut" cuz I blush too easy :-X

HH
Nan

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

My littlest sister STILL calls me "Raggy". Tall, skinny, redheaded- just like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I don't walk that funky, though! :D

Attachments

• RB16498.jpg
    RB16498.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 373

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

My longtime nickname was " scal " because I would pull scallions out of the ground and eat them. Still do.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

My wife calls me a@@hole every now and then... does that count ;D

I always got pez (first 3 letters of my last name)... and all of the pez dispenser jokes that go along with it. Can't tell you how many times people gave me those damn candies as a joke... only joke is... I can't stand them

steve

S

stefen

You must be a long lost relative...however. the spelling is somewhat different...A$$WHOLE ;D

I was called this name so much that I even actually began to fill out applications and forms...

My brother though, went by trhe moniker of Dip S..t.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

When I was little people called me Twink because I always had a twinkle in my eye according to mom....when I got in high school several friends started calling me Gypsy , which is funny because my Hungarian granny used to call me Lil Gypsy .....so guess it just stuck....my kids even call me gypsymama :D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

gypsyheart said:
When I was little people called me Twink because I always had a twinkle in my eye according to mom....when I got in high school several friends started calling me Gypsy , which is funny because my Hungarian granny used to call me Lil Gypsy .....so guess it just stuck....my kids even call me gypsymama :D

You'll always be our beloved Gypsy Christy.

Thanks for sharing!!

Smiles!
BDoo :-*

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

my favorite nickname is Cynangyl of course....comes from Cyn, short for Cyndi and Angyl because too many sites angel is already taken and some of the folks I used to game with said I would always be Angel to them so we combined them with a little twist. Besides...everyone KNOWS I am SUCH an angel! ;) lol can't fool anyone...grandpa always said I was half irish and half mule....I of course insisted I got both halves from him! ;)

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

My funniest nickname is Pepperpump, my own screenname. Everyone asks me where or how I got it but it goes back 15 years ago to my aol screename. Pepper was my dog and Pumpkin was my bird. Half of pumpkin and combined the two to make pepperpump...stuck with me since :-\
Pepperpump ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loveboat
because i was always looking for an "on board romance" with all the girls i worked with ;D

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro

When I was a tot I hated clothes (diapers) and always kicked mine off. My family called me Barry. Sort of a shortened form of Bare A$$ed Naked. Now that I'm old and gray it's become Grizzly Bare, and you wouldn't want to know what I'm wearing while typing this! :D

grizzly bare

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

pepperpump...

I'm very glad you explained that... cause my sick mind was thinking something else entirely ;D.

And as for grizzly... i really didn't need that visual ;D

steve

H

HillbillyTH

The only nickname I have had other than "Danny Boy" is Honeybun.
My Step Daughter started calling me that when my wife and I was going to gether over 30 years ago. Its been passed on down the line,now I'm Papaw Honeybun.
Danny

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

When CBs were the rage in the 1980s, before cell phones, and I had one in my van, my call sign was bedpanmoneyman...I was a Chief Financial Officer at a hospital. Now that I'm retired, I just keep it for a username.

M

MiniMe

When I was younger and still today, my mom calls me either Gertrude or Tallulah... She would call me that when I would be overly dramatic about things. Being a little clumsy when I was younger, tripping over my own feet type thing, I got called Grace. Still do at times. My brother calls me Ka or Col, short for Colleen, always has, a lot of people in the family has taken this abbreviated approach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread