finding a body?

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Well, puking through your Regulator is kind of a 'right of passage' if your a working diver..
Consider one of the finer jobs you can get.. Changing the aeration nozzles in a sewage plant. Just because your in a helmet, and a full drysuit (the gum rubber type, Not your average inflatable unisuit) doesn't mean the smell is not still there.. Having all your shots up to date, and a 'hoser' with a hose pumping water and detol to clean you off at the end of the day can mean the difference between getting 'really sick', and somewhat uncomfortable because a larger chunk of puke gets stuck in the exhaust valve, and you get some 'backflow' :(

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
Interesting theme... Whether and if 100 or 150 years that are found body\bones which begin to cause you police?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nahabit said:
Interesting theme... Whether and if 100 or 150 years that are found body\bones which begin to cause you police?

Here in U.S.
ANY AGE,

Even 2000 years old, must be reported to Police.

Then Police Decide, If

Natural Death,

Death by Accident,

Murder Victim,

Or

Archeologist, gets to have it,

or

Indian Property.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my brother went detecting an old house at lunch one day...came upon a fellow there with a bullet in his face , been there since about midnite the night before.....since bro had driven across the blood trail he could not move truck till investigation was over some 5-6 hours later.....said the fellow didn't even have a ring on, or at least his detector didn't pick one up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just kidding bout the ring..............gldhntr

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i knew a guy who found one(ring)in a grave from war of 1812 or sometime near that on a river bank in the woods...

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
dekalb33 said:
i knew a guy who found one(ring)in a grave from war of 1812 or sometime near that on a river bank in the woods...
And what it was for war at you in 1812?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nahabit said:
dekalb33 said:

Personally, I Don't know Why. ;D

But this should Help.

http://www.multied.com/1812/

The United States declared War on Great Britain on June 12, 1812. The war was declared as a result of long simmering disputes with Great Britian. The central dispute surrounded the impressment of American soldiers by the British. The British had previously attacked the USS Chesapeake and nearly caused a war two year earlier. In addition, disputes continued with Great Britain over the Northwest Territories and the border with Canada. Finally, the attempts of Great Britain to impose a blockade on France during the Napoleonic Wars was a constant source of conflict with the United States.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
jeff of pa said:
nahabit said:
dekalb33 said:

Personally, I Don't know Why. ;D

But this should Help.

http://www.multied.com/1812/

The United States declared War on Great Britain on June 12, 1812. The war was declared as a result of long simmering disputes with Great Britian. The central dispute surrounded the impressment of American soldiers by the British. The British had previously attacked the USS Chesapeake and nearly caused a war two year earlier. In addition, disputes continued with Great Britain over the Northwest Territories and the border with Canada. Finally, the attempts of Great Britain to impose a blockade on France during the Napoleonic Wars was a constant source of conflict with the United States.

And! War for independence! I saw film! Americans bravely battled!

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Friend and I came across a body of a man who slipped on dry oak leaves and slid over a steep embankment and hit his head on a rock in the creek bed. We were walking the creek bed looking for bottle dumps. As we were climbing out of the creek bed to go tell someone the police showed up. Someone else had already reported it. We went back a few days later out of curiosity and found his glasses. A lot of blood on the rocks. I'm 47 now. Was 12 then. But still remember it very vividly. Kind of spooky.

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
lonewolfe said:
Actually,

this is a big fear of mine while scuba diving!

Haven't run across any drown person laying on the bottem yet (and hope I don't)!

HH

Lonewolfe
Lying on the bottom wouldn't be as bad as having it float in front of your mask in a minimum viz environment

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching a torn down funeral home built in 1914. I found a small metal tube. I thought it was a lipstick tube, until I noticed a name engraved on it. It appears to be a small ash holder (empty). I've found casket parts but that's it.

Jezzowhat

Greenie
Mar 28, 2006
Found the bottom half of a man just above a small creek in the Wasatch mountains about 1 1/2 years ago while grouse hunting, draped over a pine tree limb, partially eaten.Hiked back down and got the police.They said he had been missing for awhile,suspected suicide.All I can say is there is nothing,I mean nothing that smells as bad as a decaying human body[thats how we came to find him,from the smell].The police found the rest of his remains further up the hill with a handgun also.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember puking in my mouth piece once too and it isn't nice. When I helped the police find drowned victims, I located a woman that drowned during a boating accident. I will always remember her and the rings she wore. An they were still there when they zipped her in the body bag too! ;D

Still it's scary.

jondar

Mar 20, 2006
Several years ago I was searching the area where a Civil War battle had occurred. I saw a farmer on a tractor and went over and talked with him. He pointed out a piece of land to me and said that the man who owned that property in the 1950's was plowing some land which had been never been plowed before and started turning up bones. Recovered thirty skulls along with many bones. Confederate dead buried there after the battle. The Union dead were taken to cemeteries north of there.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
jondar said:
Several years ago I was searching the area where a Civil War battle had occurred. I saw a farmer on a tractor and went over and talked with him. He pointed out a piece of land to me and said that the man who owned that property in the 1950's was plowing some land which had been never been plowed before and started turning up bones. Recovered thirty skulls along with many bones. Confederate dead buried there after the battle. The Union dead were taken to cemeteries north of there.

Super!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know so many of our forum members discovered botties..... creepy.

-GC

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have UGH!!! :D

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
I was up out in the desert hunting around and found a truck that seemed to have been there awhile. I went over to it and found an "occupant" with a pistol and a hole through the cab.....

So, doing what you should I reported it and led officers to it. MISTAKE! These dumb stupids held me in a jail as a witness for 5 days cause they couldn't figure that it was a suicide.

In an old mine I found a pile of rags that had bones and yup, it sure was! And guess what? its still there!

Think I should report it? Really! How about this that I found in old Sherriffs reports. A deputy was told that a treasure seeker didn't show up to get the supplies he orderd from the store in Park Valley, Utah. He was supposed to be camping near the volcanic cone to the South West.
The Deputy found the man, dead shot through the head and without any other gear around and no leads to follow, He BURIED him where he lay without ANY markers. Case Closed! This happend in 1960.

I've been hunting for this site to give him a stone.

Aufinder01

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread