Tow Behind Lawn Spreader For Ant Poison

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
What's weird is, I'm not finding anything from a web search about using Baking Powder for fire ants. Baking Soda, yes...but with other ingredients. All I've found so far is a 35 second, very shaky video clip that claims to show that ants will never cross a line of Baking Powder. But even that is "a line". How do you get a line when it's broadcast over a wide area?

C'mon cousin Oddjob - time to learn us a thing or two. :laughing7:

Just had a look online my self and did not find one thing mentioning Baking Powder at all; thats saying something because I do not just search the web in English, when I really want to dig I try German, Spanish, Italian, French, Dari, Pashtu, Farsi, Africaans and Norwegian.

I found nothing, but I know many people who do this as well; heck ask anyone in Europe or Asia, it works. I guess it is like breathing, those who know it find to be so common that it is not worth mentioning. LOL

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Does it work even after getting wet, like after a rain?

What about the thought of pouring continuous lines in a field that is overrun by ants? Like, making a 3' to 5' grid pattern? If the ants refuse to travel over the powder, then they would presumably die.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Does it work even after getting wet, like after a rain?

What about the thought of pouring continuous lines in a field that is overrun by ants? Like, making a 3' to 5' grid pattern? If the ants refuse to travel over the powder, then they would presumably die.

It normally just last about one year at best, but it kills off everything until others move in.

Do not spread it when it is wet out, never works then.

For a large field, heck if I know, we just get the mound and trails. Must be pretty bad if it has an entire field.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to try that out next time we make a trip to Arkansas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread