Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
This just blows my mind.

Autonomous cars.

Would you trust it. All of a sudden we have computer's that will never crash?

And now the hackers are already taking control of the cars.

Here we go again, using human guinea pigs for corporate profit.

We don't need them, do we?

Personally, the industry is putting us all in danger. No better then drunk driver's if the car has a glitch.

Do you want one?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want one, I want all the freaking idiots who can't drive to have one though...

I'd feel much safer is she was putting on makeup and texting while in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer is grandma was merging onto the interstate in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer is that drunk dude leaving the game was in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer if the teenagers were in auto drive cars.

So- everyone but me. (and maybe you)

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother has a semi autonomous car that takes over when it sees danger. IE corrects when going off the road and brakes when getting to close to objects. He hates it and says it never works when it rains or the sun is shining in just the right position. The sensors are very sensitive to dirt, light and rain. I can't imagine having a driver-less vehicle stopping in the middle of the road in a rain storm in front of me. They say big rigs will be the first to be doing this. God help us all!

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want one, I want all the freaking idiots who can't drive to have one though...

I'd feel much safer is she was putting on makeup and texting while in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer is grandma was merging onto the interstate in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer is that drunk dude leaving the game was in an auto drive car.

I'd feel much safer if the teenagers were in auto drive cars.

So- everyone but me. (and maybe you)

Good points! Just don't trust the technology. And it shouldn't be tested on public roadway's. Just look at Ammoman's post. :thumbsup:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of you weren't old enough to remember back to the 8086 days. Back in the early 80s I couldn't imagine anyone putting any computer in a motor vehicle. Imagine taking a computer and putting it in the nastiest environment you can imagine, an engine compartment!?!? Now they want us to trust our lives to a machine controlled by computers that the test numbers are more than likely fudged just because we're too lazy to control the vehicle ourselves. Wonderful.... I worry about the drunk / stoned guy rear ending me or the tappity tap tap folks who can't live more than 2 seconds without a phone in their mitts t boning me. Now I gotta worry about a driverless car with glitches & bugs? Welcome to the 21st century!!

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOPE,,
Have no interest at all for these vehicles.
NOTHING,,has the ability to foresee or has the intuition like a human brain.
I read somewhere that there is now a motorcycle with the same technology ..
I think I will pass on that also.
When operating any vehicle I MUST be in total control or I am not feeling safe.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This just blows my mind.

Autonomous cars.

Would you trust it. All of a sudden we have computer's that will never crash?

And now the hackers are already taking control of the cars.

Here we go again, using human guinea pigs for corporate profit.

We don't need them, do we?

Personally, the industry is putting us all in danger. No better then drunk driver's if the car has a glitch.

Do you want one?

Autonomous cars? You folks need to worry about the 80,000 pound autonomous trucks we will soon start seeing on the highway.

Much more at stake now. How do you train a computer to "feel" the surge on a tank of fuel when braking or turning?

Very dangerous, but won't say much more because ALL of the autonomous vehicle stuff is actually quite political.

For instance, autonomous trucks are predicted to cause some 3 million truck drivers to become unemployed. As a former OTR driver, I can assure you that won't be a pretty sight at all!!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I drive a G63 AMG B7 armour level with just over 700 HP. It is my private vehicle but I use it for work as well. I too have semi-aut and it has saved my truck many of times at speeds over 140 MPH. At these speeds with lights and sirens on people see and hear you, they get out of the way fast, especially when they see how fast your moving. But when game jumps out it takes over. Does not matter who will get out of the way of a vehicle moving that fast, you hit something and your vehicle turns into a bad day for which ever direction you are rolling.

We had an agent about four years ago hit a wild cat in his Lamborghini doing around 160 MPH, well that car has great control at any speed but when it is out of control it will go where ever it wants to. He was lucky though and was travelling at night going from Slovenia to Germany, naturally the car was pretty bad off but he was just fine and no one else got hurt. Since then we are not allowed to use vehicles over speeds of 120 MPH without the semi aut. Now he uses the Le Ferrari and the semi aut on that thing is crazy high, even too much wax will set that thing off.

I like my SUV, being an SUV I guess MB figured that it would get dirty.

But a Full Aut vehicle is good when it is on tracks or a cable, not the road though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread