Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Wind... You've been swinging the MD a long time, you have to have found something that you believe is the only one on Tnet. It's all in fun, that's what this website is all about, right? Sharing favorite finds?

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the two birds to catch a snake....I haven't checked...is that really a old saying?
Last

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here is one of my favorite finds because I love finding things that have local history. It's a saloon token from Parlier, CA. I realize it's a little hard to read due to the corrosion, but it says it's for 10 cents in trade at the Parlier saloon. I like this find because it's from a town that I don't live far from, and it's the only known example in existence. I posted it on tokencatalog.com and a guy got ahold of me and offered $400. I won't sell it so the monetary value doesn't mean too much to me, but of all of my finds over the years this remains one of my favorites.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499545239.115273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499545264.135865.jpg

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol....awesome find man....I love the old tokens....I haven't found many though

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer token! Cant beat that for local history, so unique, that is what I'm talking about.
Congrats, until Dolphin can come up with some more info on his pendant, you are clearly the leader. That is a holy grail piece for a fan of relics and LOCAL history.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he said +Nice
Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have found some pretty cool things over the years but I have them packed away because I'm moving to Pennsylvania. What I haven't packed away as of yet is my catalog of 2017 silver finds. I have recovered 5 bucket listers this year. Here are 3 of them. 20170708_165226.jpg 20170708_165045.jpg 20170708_164919.jpg
I'm using my phone to post, so they are posting in a rotated position.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then there was one!
Nice....nice.....nice
Last

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't pack those coins up either, they would never leave my sight. Yes, that is three coins that the rest of us can only dream about. When you get settled in try to find your rare stuff. I like rare, for that reason SJvalleyhunter is still in the lead.
Fishon- I feel like you have something so rare it would create a new catergory "super banner"

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't pack those coins up either, they would never leave my sight. Yes, that is three coins that the rest of us can only dream about. When you get settled in try to find your rare stuff. I like rare, for that reason SJvalleyhunter is still in the lead.
Fishon- I feel like you have something so rare it would create a new catergory "super banner"

Nothing but clad and cosmetic jewelry

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking of contests, in the next couple of days I'm planning on starting a guessing contest over on the metal detecting forum. I had one a couple of years ago and folks seemed to like it. I'll be giving away a few older coins as a prize to the winner. I'll keep you all updated as to when I start it so keep checking back here for the link.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer token! Cant beat that for local history, so unique, that is what I'm talking about.
Congrats, until Dolphin can come up with some more info on his pendant, you are clearly the leader. That is a holy grail piece for a fan of relics and LOCAL history.

Thanks. I actually found the token when I was metal detecting in Parlier in a location that I believe was within a couple of hundred yards from where the saloon once stood. I just wonder what stories it could tell.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am priming a few walls in my apartment. Some I had painted light green, and a few, eggshell beige. You have to prime the walls so that management can paint the apartment standard white. If it takes them more than one coat to do that, then they want to charge you an exorbitant amount. Anywhere from a thousand and up.
20170708_213022.jpg

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot lot of work to leave the old behind sometimes
Last

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread