Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to take pictures and put up signs. I'm not looking to cut down or harvest my trees. Some of my trees are worth money but most are pine. When you go onto someone's property and start cutting down their trees without permission, that's destruction of private property. Around here, if it isn't private property, it's State forest. Get caught by a conservation officer on game land or in a state park, cutting down trees, and there are no acceptable excuses. Big Fines!!

Ya...This is my biggest ....Ummmm.....thing that makes me mad.......I could care less if people shoot, camp, hunt, fish, detect, look for arrow heads, explore, look for berries, etc etc.... On my property. If I run into someone doing any of those things I'd probably join in and help make it easier for them doing what I want with the land make a trail for easier access, show them the good spots, etc.... BUT...What really ticks me off...Is trash left, spray paint on the rocks, trees cut down, or any other destructive or mess leaving! So far? Deer hunters have been the worst!!!!! Beer cans, left blinds, clearing land to see or plant food plots, stuff in trees,Trash, I can follow a trail of trash potato chip bags and beer cans or water bottles to their spots, etc....They have even put up gates and signs to keep other hunters out!!! With no permission from me! They seem to just take over in that area.... Of course when I show up I have to clean up everything and undo things.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of different opinions on who enforces what and just what is enforcible. Game wardens have an ordinance on proper posting and local police officers write the summons for trespassing. The laws that seem most punitive is the compensation for tree or wood value.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago I met a guy who had some acreage up in the hills who said that he often ran into trespassers on his property. He gave me chillingly in depth details on how to bury a body without being caught. Frankly, it made since on his method, but I also don’t think he was speaking in theory. Odd fellow.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I met a guy who had some acreage up in the hills who said that he often ran into trespassers on his property. He gave me chillingly in depth details on how to bury a body without being caught. Frankly, it made since on his method, but I also don’t think he was speaking in theory. Odd fellow.

I've met some of those too. The guys that will make your hair stand because you know they aren't just talking big. Those are the ones you want to stay on their good side.:laughing7:

The local cop there told me"It's your property!! Do WHAT ever is necessary to remove them"

And to Against the Wind since im too dumb to figure out double quote.:laughing7:

In the state I'm referring to..All land is posted by law! If they do not have written permission to be there without you, they are trespassing.
I don't give written permission. If I see people I don't care. It's the junk left behind and the destructive stuff that ticks me off. But technically by law they are trespassing. The last time I was there I saw where someone spray painted a big peepee and boys on a rock in the middle of no where. I want to find that guy just to ask."what in your mind made you think that would look nice right there? Why? of all places and things, why that on a rock in the middle of no where? what the heck is wrong with you?":laughing7:

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
its a great morning to be last

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
getting my metal detector back tomorrow can't wait

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you believe a contractor who is going to put in an asphalt driveway was also going to include in the contract, a charge for taking away the dirt. No, no, no.
I have 8.6 acres where we can put that dirt. First I'll put a coil over it.
Last.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta watch em. Actually a lot of people probably don't want the dirt. Good that you caught it.
Last

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions