NEW CONTEST

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California does

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winter is finally here in California. It’s only going to be 62 degrees today. Before you know it it’s going to be dipping down into the 50s.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well here in the San Joaquin Valley where I live, it first has to be deemed a “burn day” when the air pollutants are at a low enough level that putting more smoke in the air would be acceptable. Then, you would have to register with the Valley Air District (aka pay a fee) to be able to burn in your fireplace. It’s a lot easier just to walk to my hallway where my electric thermostat is and press a button to turn on the heater.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. Sorry I asked.
For really big fires or fires or when weeds or grasslands are dry one has to get permission with local fire department to burn here. Sometimes the fire department will deem it a opportunity to train new trainees on controlled burns and just do the burn for you, especially any grasslands.
Burning firewood is up to the individual preference. I may be putting in a fireplace next summer on our house but currently I have gas hookup, which is rare considering we are on a lake 5 miles from the local town.
I can see why some more populated areas do not allow it though.
Last

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, my house doesn’t even have a fireplace. Back somewhere 15 years ago or so they stopped being able to build houses with wood burning fireplaces. Gas only now and for heating purposes they are worthless. But then again, it’s nearly January and I’m still wearing shorts, so I suppose we really don’t need a fireplace.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Michigan it gets so cold the lakes all freeze over to where their will be 12 or inches of ice covering the water. Then we find fun things to do like ice fish, snowmobiles, sledding. Compensate for the cold weather. Might move to a warmer weather year round state in the future.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People Who ice fish are fools. I live in a apartment without a fire place.
No...they pack a large cooler on a sled and pull out a lot of beer with them. They also pull out a shanty with a heater and party till dawn. Fhatever they catch is secondary to the ice party.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People Who ice fish are fools. I live in a apartment without a fire place.

I have ice fished my whole life and wherever I have lived...Maine, Colorado, Alaska, Utah

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have not ice fished yet this season, it has been warmer than years past and most of the lakes are still open water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread